I've Been offered Sinovac Today

Neeranam

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

As stated: 
From Monday 

Arrival from Thailand into the U.K. will earn you a 10 ( not 14 ) day stay at an approved establishment (?) I.e. some hotel, due to the U.K. putting Thailand on their red list. You will pay £2,285 for the privilege .

You can bypass this by staying 10 days en route in Dubai or elsewhere if you desire.

I believe vaccine type is irrelevant in entering the U.K..

Intersting, thanks

3 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

I also took 1 sinovac and am due to get AZ on sept 7th.  I plan to go to the USA on 12 Sept.  At first I thought I would take the AZ on the 7th and then take a booster when in the usa? However not to mention the health risks there is the problem of what various countries consider fully vaccinated? Many don't accept a mix. So maybe I can take a J&J as a third jab but not sure of the timing? I am now thinking that the better idea is to not take the AZ on the 7th and instead wait and take 2 of the Pfizer which now has full FDA approval. That would solve the acceptance of vaccination question.  I can get into the usa with just a covid negative test. No quarantine and vaccines of choice available everywhere. Just walk in and request. You might need to get before going to the UK to avoid quarantine? Call around and try to find where you might get the Pfizer vaccine if you have the time?

Interesting, thanks. 

So if I don't take the second one, Astra, I could take 2 Moderna. Hmm confused. 

I guess if I take Astra, then I'll still need two Moderna to satisfy some countries 

5 hours ago, itsari said:

I read the link you sent , thank you . 

The article in no way is saying the mrna vaccines are safe . 

All vaccines have a risk factor . 

Many new technologies have been progressing over many years . That does not make them safe 

Don't take it then. 

• Sad 1

I know people who have had SV, SV months ago and now had 2 x AZ back in UK. 
Other friends had Double Sinopharm in Bahrain and now had first dose of AZ last week. 

I was double dosed SV in Thailand and had my first Pfizer 2 weeks ago back in UK and the guy giving out the vaccines (not a doctor) said it was quite common for people to have had 4 vaccines due to different counties not recognizing different vaccines. I asked if there was any safety issues with this and he just laughed and said it’s only a vaccine, not brain surgery.  

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 7:29 AM, KannikaP said:

COMIRNATY formerly Pfizer! 

That's right. There is so far only one Covid-19 vaccine by BioNTech-Pfizer: Comirnaty®, formerly Covernaty™; now fully approved by the US FDA, previously approved for emergency use.

• Confused 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:41 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Found this on the LINE timeline of THG (hospital group offering Moderna):

interval.jpg

They recommend to wait 3 months after a AZ shot  (as 2nd shot) before getting a Moderna booster.

After a single AZ wait 2 months.

After one or two China shots, wait 1 month.

And have two Moderna after a single China shot.

I wonder about the science behind those protocols. This is a private hospital trying to sell Moderna. I've had 2 az, but would not consider any booster until next year - and most likely wait for 2nd generation vaccines (actuallly natural infection is the way to get a broader immunity). Nothing beats being exposed to the virus - the vaccine is just some insurance against hospitalisation / death). 

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

I wonder about the science behind those protocols. This is a private hospital trying to sell Moderna. I've had 2 az, but would not consider any booster until next year - and most likely wait for 2nd generation vaccines (actuallly natural infection is the way to get a broader immunity). Nothing beats being exposed to the virus - the vaccine is just some insurance against hospitalisation / death). 

So even if you die from being infected by the virus, you still win?

3 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Over a billion doses of Sinovac have been administered so far, so there should be enough data out there for people to make an informed choice.

it’s neither dangerous nor “<deleted>”

Well, there really isn't enough information to make an informed choice about how effective it is against preventing hospitalizations and deaths against the Delta variant. But there is plenty of evidence via large real world studies that Sinovac's vaccine is not dangerous.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:40 AM, placeholder said:

Well, there really isn't enough information to make an informed choice about how effective it is against preventing hospitalizations and deaths against the Delta variant. But there is plenty of evidence via large real world studies that Sinovac's vaccine is not dangerous.

China Misses Target on Approval of BioNTech-Pfizer Shot, Raising Questions

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-misses-target-on-approval-of-biontech-pfizer-shot-raising-questions/ar-AANOBVX?li=BBnb7Kz

On 8/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, Neeranam said:

Interesting, thanks. 

So if I don't take the second one, Astra, I could take 2 Moderna. Hmm confused. 

I guess if I take Astra, then I'll still need two Moderna to satisfy some countries 

Actually 2 AZ jabs will satisfy more countries requirements than any other combination.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 1:43 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

As stated: 
From Monday 

Arrival from Thailand into the U.K. will earn you a 10 ( not 14 ) day stay at an approved establishment (?) I.e. some hotel, due to the U.K. putting Thailand on their red list. You will pay £2,285 for the privilege .

You can bypass this by staying 10 days en route in Dubai or elsewhere if you desire.

I believe vaccine type is irrelevant in entering the U.K..

Thank you for that interesting point, but what if you still have not had the vaccine here in Thai.? I am happy if it has to be to pay but not in some airport hotel in the U.K., not £2280.  But would fly via other route to the U.K. if it means self quarantine at the end of the route at U.K. home.