I've Been offered Sinovac Today

Neeranam

12 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Its not new.

"The science behind the new COVID-19 vaccines has not been rushed. In fact, these vaccines are building on decades of scientific research."

https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/52424.html

It's not new.

Go ahead and take Sinovac.

Why argue.

You'll need a boosters as its not effective against Delta compared with mRNA vaccine.

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I can get Sinovac today, followed by AstraZ.

If I take it, is it still safe to get the Moderna, which I've paid half, in October?

This is "Thaivisa", what a place to ask that question, have you not thought to ask a doctor?    If you get the "go ahead" from the medically unqualified, generally Thai-bashing posters here, you will take their word that it's all ok?  Are you serious?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Yes.

Since UK is not accepting mixed vaccines as being fully vaccinated, you would have to Quarantine.

After Monday next, anyone travelling from Red Zone Thailand to UK will have to quarantine in one of 'their' hotels.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like.

I don't know anything about medicine, but I read, so I know what I want.

My body, my choice.

No age limit for Darwin award.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, mahtin said:

I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like.

I don't know anything about medicine, but I read, so I know what I want.

My body, my choice.

No age limit for Darwin award.

Does it not depend on WHAT you read, and by WHOM it is written? There are so many opposing views on these vaccines and their benefits/results, as there are on which team will win the FA  Cup next year!  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's almost a twin of another recent thread.

I got Sinovac end of July, tommorow AZ.

Before this was offered I had registered for Moderna.

I am not too optimistic that Moderna will happen in October.

I received my 1st Pfizer dose 23/8, the 2nd will be on the 13/9. I have also paid for Moderna for October but will put that back to March-May 2022 as a booster, i.e. 6-8 months after my 2nd Pfizer jab, that said, but not before more info comes available on time between boosters.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Byron Allen Black said:

Hey, bear in mind that the Sinovac is a true "vaccine", prepared from weakened viral material, like polio. The other concoctions are highly-experimental genetic modifiers, and one would do very well to conduct thorough research on the web before taking the AstraZeneca or Pfizer jab.

Your a little behind the times, Pfizer is now an approved vaccine, others will follow as the data comes in, very soon.

On August 23, 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that it had approved the Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine will be marketed as Comirnaty and is fully approved to prevent coronavirus disease in people 16 years of age and older.1 day ago

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Your a little behind the times, Pfizer is now an approved vaccine, others will follow as the data comes in, very soon.

On August 23, 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that it had approved the Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine will be marketed as Comirnaty and is fully approved to prevent coronavirus disease in people 16 years of age and older.1 day ago

The Pfizer vaccine that is available now is not approved. They have approval on a different vaccine. Do the research.

• Confused 3

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Does it not depend on WHAT you read, and by WHOM it is written? There are so many opposing views on these vaccines and their benefits/results, as there are on which team will win the FA  Cup next year!  

At some point you have to stop spinning the chamber and pull the trigger.

Or wait for someone else to shoot you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mirage said:

The Pfizer vaccine that is available now is not approved. They have approval on a different vaccine. Do the research.

The Pfizer vaccine which is all around the world is now approved, if your talking because of it's official name change, then your barking up the wrong tree, a stick is a stick is a stick, like a rock is a rock is a rock. Stop being so pedantic and wasting my time, Pfizer's vaccine that has been is use under emergency use authorisation, is now formally approved, get it ?

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The Pfizer vaccine which is all around the world is now approved, if your talking because of it's official name change, then your barking up the wrong tree, a stick is a stick is a stick, like a rock is a rock is a rock. Stop being so pedantic and wasting my time, Pfizer's vaccine that has been is use under emergency use authorisation, is now formally approved, get it ?

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

COMIRNATY formerly Pfizer! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

It's very difficult to get good info these days. Dr Chris Martinson who I have followed for almost 2 years said something very different 2 days ago. At the end of the day we have to do as much research as we can and make our own choice. I went to ref the the video just now but it has been taken down. For me that raises alarm bells.

YT.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:02 AM, Neeranam said:

I can get Sinovac today, followed by AstraZ.

If I take it, is it still safe to get the Moderna, which I've paid half, in October?

Please report back with a post in the forum about any side effect symptoms in for example November...????

Sinovac followed by AZ seems to be an excellent alternative to no vaccination, however how soon you can boost with another type might still be fairly unknown; however, a boost after 6-12 month seems necessary according to scientists being quoted in recent news articles.

Sinovac is based on dead virus, AZ is a vector-type vaccine, and Moderna is a mRNA vaccine, so three different types. I got no idea if it's a benefit or not, you however should get two jabs of Moderna, so a full vaccination; there has been a few stories in the news about people receiving multiple vaccines, a Thai doctor heading for work in Canada got four jabs. You can compare the vaccines and read more HERE...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mirage said:

It's very difficult to get good info these days. Dr Chris Martinson who I have followed for almost 2 years said something very different 2 days ago. At the end of the day we have to do as much research as we can and make our own choice. I went to ref the the video just now but it has been taken down. For me that raises alarm bells.

Can I suggest you use a different source to get your information, for unbiased straight to the point info, I choose to watch Dr ZDogg, he's also cool.

• Haha 1

I also took 1 sinovac and am due to get AZ on sept 7th.  I plan to go to the USA on 12 Sept.  At first I thought I would take the AZ on the 7th and then take a booster when in the usa? However not to mention the health risks there is the problem of what various countries consider fully vaccinated? Many don't accept a mix. So maybe I can take a J&J as a third jab but not sure of the timing? I am now thinking that the better idea is to not take the AZ on the 7th and instead wait and take 2 of the Pfizer which now has full FDA approval. That would solve the acceptance of vaccination question.  I can get into the usa with just a covid negative test. No quarantine and vaccines of choice available everywhere. Just walk in and request. You might need to get before going to the UK to avoid quarantine? Call around and try to find where you might get the Pfizer vaccine if you have the time?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Its not new.

"The science behind the new COVID-19 vaccines has not been rushed. In fact, these vaccines are building on decades of scientific research."

https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/52424.html

I read the link you sent , thank you . 

The article in no way is saying the mrna vaccines are safe . 

All vaccines have a risk factor . 

Many new technologies have been progressing over many years . That does not make them safe 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

There offering Pfeizer to foreigners.

Why on earth would you choose Sinovac?

I'm sure they'll be Sinovac cheerleaders along soon.

I had Sinovac last month and AstraZeneca a couple of days ago. 

I paid and that was what they had on offer.   If they'd been offering Pzifer I would have paid for that.

• Like 1