Man killed in motorbike accident in Si Racha, spends eight days in tall grass near major road

webfact

tpn1.jpg

PHOTO: Singthong Nammala / Top News

By Goong Nang(GN)By Goong Nang(GN)

Si Racha – A “big bike” rider was found dead eight days later after an accident in Si Racha, having crashed into a forested area obscured from view only a few feet from a major road.

The Nong Kham Police were notified of the incident at about noon Wednesday (August 25th) at a curve near a golf course on Amata – Nongkwae Road in the Bueng sub-district.

Rescue workers and Si Racha police arrived at the scene after being called by friends of the victim who had successfully found his body. On the side of the road in deep grass, they found the body of Mr. Teerayut Rattanaruek, 40, a staffer of an industrial company in Rayong. An 800cc “big bike” was found on top of his body.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/27/man-killed-in-motorbike-accident-in-si-racha-spends-eight-days-in-tall-grass-near-major-road/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a horrible way to die and left to rot by the side of the road, beggar's belief that such things can still happen now days...

About five years back a baht bus driver argued with his wife who grabbed the wheel.  From memory about eighteen schoolkids were killed.  Despite the might of Sattahip police swarming the site, one corpse was not found for a week.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a horrible way to die and left to rot by the side of the road, beggar's belief that such things can still happen now days...

What does "now days" have to do with this accident? Bikes are getting faster.

8 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Thanks God the white  suit man pointed it  out, maybe thats why everyone else didnt see him

They don't mention it, but I would say they found the body by smell. It would be overpowering after 8 days in this tropical climate.

8 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Let's hope the poor bar steward either died instantly, or never became conscious prior to expiring. I imagine the unbelievable smell helped folks find him.

My thoughts exactly (the first sentence I mean).

Edited by Will B Good