Your Covid 19 papers, please

kiteman9

25 minutes ago, Bagwain said:

Mainstream media are freely reporting about the story; the Daily Mail wrote recently, citing the Israeli study, that people who had COVID and recovered are 13 times less likely to get infected again than those who have been inoculated, and 27 times less likely to experience symptoms if they did get reinfected.

It also states that it is not peer reviewed, and I found the article contradictory, badly written for a better word. 

Researchers found that fully vaccinated but people were much more likely to have a 'breakthrough' Covid infection than people with natural immunity for the disease.

Overall participants who were double jabbed were 5.96 times more likely to be infected and 7.13 times more likely to experience symptoms including cough, fever and shortness of breath.

I am under no illusion that I can contract the virus even after being double dosed. That said I wouldn't want to take my chances contracting the virus being unvaccinated.

My take from all of this is that the jab is only good for 6 months, so booster required by then until they can come up with something better and longer lasting.

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

Forget proof of vaccination certificates, follow what Singapore have done. My son, who lives in Singapore, was telling me the other night that it is mandatory to have an app that has your covid vaccination history. It MUST be scanned everywhere they go ( malls, theatres, restaurants etc ). No vaccination history, no entry. people still have the choice of whether to be vaccinated or not, BUT they do not get the privilege of being able to be out and about with those that have been vaccinated. I'm all for something similar being implemented here.

Thats one way to spin it. Its now a privilege to be out in public.

Wonder why no vaccine passport is required to be shown everywhere for polio, chicken pox, measels etc....

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Either way I have no problem with it.  Seems a good start and test to reopening.

Also, many people including a fair share in TVF have declined to get the available vaccines.

Waiting for Moderna or Pfizer.  Or, because it is an inconvenience not wanting to drive a few hours to get it.  And, here we are.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Because most people are medically uneducated , they think that vaccines help them to avoid becoming infected ever again.

It's also partly the media's fault was spreading misinformation that one vaccine is better than another vaccine in terms of efficacy.

This video explains why the efficacy rates of vaccines is a fallacy so that certain vaccines like Pfizer are perceived to be 'highly effective'.

The clinical trials should be done at the same place, same time and same conditions but it was not.

The truth is all vaccines only help us avoid hospitalization and death but we do get infected even after full vaccination.

I don’t mind accepting help to avoid hospitalization and death.

Maybe that’s an odd thing about me.

• Like 2

If it makes the difference between having paying Customers at , say a Restaurant , or not, then I really think that the Restaurant will allow the " Non Vaxxed Etc " to Dine.

If they turn away one person from maybe a group then all the group will walk away, and with the very lean times the Business,s have had ( and will continue to have ) any custom is most welcome.

My 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Boarn said:

Drama? 

So you're happy to curtail your enjoyment at the whims of others? 

Why is it that the people who don't want to interfere with the free choice of other people, are the very ones who suffer to those that do.

I have been vaccinated by the way, but I shouldn't have to prove this to live my life.

I accept my freedoms come with responsibility.

I’m happy to do my bit to help fight this public health emergency and if I can help a few businesses get back up and running by following a few easy and simple rules, I’m happy to do so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m happy to do my bit to help fight this public health emergency and if I can help a few businesses get back up and running by following a few easy and simple rules, I’m happy to do so.

Freedoms only come with what govt allows you to do.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Thats one way to spin it. Its now a privilege to be out in public.

Wonder why no vaccine passport is required to be shown everywhere for polio, chicken pox, measels etc....

Because, and I’m pleased to break this to you.

There is currently no polio, chicken pox or measles pandemic - mass vaccination programs did their bit in that good news.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That's fair enough if you think this is where it ends but if this becomes the norm it could be a step to something even worse and on we go. Number 1 is colored cards for entry to places, then becomes who knows what, implantation, tattoos, little yellow stars pinned to your clothing and on we go. Discrimination is wrong when a business limits entry to people of different races or sexual orientation, so it should be just as wrong in this case as well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My family will do there bit, now where can we all get our shots

• Like 2

Just now, Boarn said:

That's fair enough if you think this is where it ends but if this becomes the norm it could be a step to something even worse and on we go. Number 1 is colored cards for entry to places, then becomes who knows what, implantation, tattoos, little yellow stars pinned to your clothing and on we go. Discrimination is wrong when a business limits entry to people of different races or sexual orientation, so it should be just as wrong in this case as well.

Hyperbole and nonsense argument.

COVID is a threat to us all, people of different race or sexual orientation are a threat to nobody.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hyperbole and nonsense argument.

COVID is a threat to us all, people of different race or sexual orientation are a threat to nobody.

Unfortunately it seems Covid is a threat to the weak

Many stong humans have been infected and have survived.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

Unfortunately it seems Covid is a threat to the weak

Many stong humans have been infected and have survived.

Don't kid yourself, many strong and healthy individuals have been killed by COVID, many others are dealing with the long term impacts of the virus on their health.

Get your vaccine, wear your mask and follow the public health protocols, regardless of how your perceive your general health to be. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Either way I have no problem with it.  Seems a good start and test to reopening.

Also, many people including a fair share in TVF have declined to get the available vaccines.

Waiting for Moderna or Pfizer.  Or, because it is an inconvenience not wanting to drive a few hours to get it.  And, here we are.

A few hours, up until the vaccine started to appear in Issan it was 16 hours to Bangkok return, now we are in a situation that i am vaccinated (1shot) have to wait  for the second then wait for certificate and will not be able to go places with my family who are not able to get there shots, so the good people of Bangkok will have to save there own economy and not rely on unvaxed riff raff from the sticks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don't kid yourself, many strong and healthy individuals have been killed by COVID, many others are dealing with the long term impacts of the virus on their health.

Get your vaccine, wear your mask and follow the public health protocols, regardless of how your perceive your general health to be. 

Well it seems the perceived strong who died from the virus were not strong at all.

Do follow all the health and vaccine protocols but am a little peeved at having to carry and show papers on demand everywhere that one has been vaccinated.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrissables said:

So if vaccinated you are saying you can still catch covid and still spread it. But think we should still be forced to be vaccinated?

And believe it or not some vaccinated are ending up in hospital as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, userabcd said:

And believe it or not some vaccinated are ending up in hospital as well.

As has been discussed and demonstrated numerous times on this forum and elsewhere, people who are vaccinated are at considerably less risk of being hospitalised or dying from COVID. 

When an unvaccinated old, fat person with many medical issues dies after contacting covid the cause of death is Covid. When an old, fat vaccinated person dies after getting vaccinated the cause of death is age and medical issues.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

If what you say is true then why are they calling vaccinated in the U.S.A "Super Spreaders"??? Why is it that Israel the most vaccinated country in the world is currently having a massive outbreak and the majority of people hospitalized/dying are those vaccinated??

Math challenged much?

COVID-19 vaccines work — misreading the data can make you think otherwise

Israel’s data shows that the COVID-19 vaccine works, but only if it’s analyzed correctly: the unfortunate story of the base rate fallacy...

When we re-analyze the same Aug. 25 data to account for the proper base rate (cases per 100,000 in the three vaccination groups), we see that the rate of severe cases in the unvaccinated group (266 per 100,000) and partially vaccinated (58 per 100,000) are much higher than in the fully vaccinated group (19 per 100,000).

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/569730-covid-19-vaccines-work-misreading-the-data-can-make-you-think-otherwise

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

Vaccination certificates are meaningless. One can still catch and transmit the disease. I can see it for international travel as unvaccinated people pose a risk to that countries medical system. 

The Singaporean system is a way of making everyone get vaccinated to lighten the load on their medical system. (No gum chewing? They tried that voluntarily as well)

• Like 1