Thailand reports declining COVID-19 cases for the 4th consecutive day

webfact

57 minutes ago, smedly said:

That is only applicable in countries with high rates of vaccination which Thailand is not one of them, the reality in Thailand is that they are good at hiding things especially when it comes to deaths simply because they do not have a mechanism or process like we do in the west, you have to look at the variables here (the known) and then guess the reasons and conclusions - last years is a fine example

- excess deaths that did not reduce 

- excess deaths on the roads reduced dramatically because nobody was on the roads so why did excess deaths not 

- Deaths with reported cause of "viral pneumonia" increased to the extent they stopped reporting on it (people died without COD confirmed with a test)

the rest is guess work, you have to fill in the blanks yourself 

Like I said - countries like Thailand can hide things very easily  

Agreed, but I was responding to a poster who suggested the UK Covid situation was dire. 

Thailand is still some way off reaching the right levels of immunity, but it will happen. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I could understand it if vaccination prevented from spreading the disease to others, but nope, it doesn’t happen. Vaccinated people can spread infection to others just as well. Vaccination is thus an entirely  personal act. This is not for society, this is for yourself (if you believe in the good of it).

But the question remains, do they spread the virus as much as unvaccinated people do?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02187-1

No COVID-19 South African C.1.2 variant in Thailand…yet

Director of the Emergency Health Hazard and Disease Control Division Dr. Chawetsan Namwat said today (Tuesday) that Thailand has always been on the lookout for new COVID-19 variants and, if there are reports of new strains in any country, health officials will test all arrivals from those countries as well as conduct random tests across this country.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/no-covid-19-south-african-c-1-2-variant-in-thailandyet/

• Like 1

I’d love to sign a contract for not requiring medical treatment if not vaccinated or pay out of pocket full amount not to take valuable resources but our nanny states don’t give that option. Many people would love this option just to get it off their back. Nope, this is not available. Herd must go in one direction. Well, f that!

ps: flatearthers, covid a hoax. Oh no, not this s again. Don’t you guys get tired of repeating same old? There are people who refuse to be afraid of covid. You can’t change this no matter what you do.

Edited by AnotherFarang8
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I’d love to sign a contract for not requiring medical treatment if not vaccinated or pay out of pocket full amount not to take valuable resources but our nanny states don’t give that option. Many people would love this option just to get it off their back. Nope, this is not available. Herd must go in one direction. Well, f that!

A lot of people have been dying at home because of full hospitals so thats an option for you. No resources used by the nanny state.

Don't recommend it though!

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

Just now, AnotherFarang8 said:

Yes, this suits my personal philosophy of relying on myself and this is what i intend to do. The problem is the nanny state does not give equal rights to the unvaccinated even though the vaccinated can transmit the virus as well. It’s like abortions, woman must have a choice or not? Religion says no. Vaccination has become a state religion.

Welcome to science.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I have one observation to make. Vaccinated people are often agressive in trying to convince unvaccinated people to go get a jab. It’s as if they are not sure they did the right thing and they want to feel better about themselves and more confident seeing their neighbor do the same as they did. Trying to search for confirmation of their action in others.

I could understand it if vaccination prevented from spreading the disease to others, but nope, it doesn’t happen. Vaccinated people can spread infection to others just as well. Vaccination is thus an entirely  personal act. This is not for society, this is for yourself (if you believe in the good of it).

You really don't understand how any of this works, do you? 

I will write slowly so I don't confuse you:

A vaccinated person has significant protection from infection by the virus. 

An unvaccinated person has very low protection. 

If, however, a vaccinated person does get infected, they carry as high a viral load as an unvaccinated person. This is similar to other diseases that vaccines are used to combat. 

Bottom line: get vaccinated, so you don't fill up a hospital bed unnecessarily. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Yes, this suits my personal philosophy of relying on myself and this is what i intend to do. The problem is the nanny state does not give equal rights to the unvaccinated even though the vaccinated can transmit the virus as well. It’s like abortions, woman must have a choice or not? Religion says no. Vaccination has become a state religion.

Were you to get infected, how until you set up a GoFundMe page? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

ps: flatearthers, covid a hoax. Oh no, not this s again. Don’t you guys get tired of repeating same old? There are people who refuse to be afraid of covid. You can’t change this no matter what you do.

04B18E63-BD84-40C0-B106-034B77F34FFB.jpeg

• Haha 1

It's even worse. Did you know that most nations in the world require certain vaccinations for children?

And has been pointed out repeatedly and to no avail, apparently, the question isn't whether vaccinated people can transmit the virus, but whether they're as likely to transmit the virus. There's been an ongoing study in the UK. 100,000 people were randomly chosen to be tested for covid infection every 15 days. It was found that unvaccinated young adults were disproportionately responsible for spreading covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unvaccinated young adults were more responsible because they are more socially active than vaccinated seniors staying at home who were given priority in vaccinations. Who could the latter have infected, their cat? Ongoing study. We’ve seen our fair share of ongoing studies recently.

I live in a country that requires certain vaccinations for children for dangerous diseases. I was vaccinated for them as most others. It’s offtopic for covid.

Edited by AnotherFarang8
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If, however, a vaccinated person does get infected, they carry as high a viral load as an unvaccinated person. 

You sure about that?

Can infected vaccinated people spread the delta variant? Study offers encouraging answer.

https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/article/breakthrough-COVID-delta-spread-infectious-study-16358569.php

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You sure about that?

Can infected vaccinated people spread the delta variant? Study offers encouraging answer.

https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/article/breakthrough-COVID-delta-spread-infectious-study-16358569.php

That's kind of a fine point. Infected vaccinated people carry the same viral load, but for a shorter time, than an unvaccinated person. Okay. 

• Like 1

These studies read like astrology for now. Israel thought that vaccination would eradicate infections, also based on “studies”. Wait a few years before they figure it out. It seems they tossed the previous 100 years of studying infections out of the window and are trying to re-invent a wheel. Some part of population fell for it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I’ve seen a lot of them here, every day. Also some members almost looked they wished the numbers were higher and looked disappointed to see numbers going down. Because their predictions went bust.

Please post the links to those posts so that your claims can be verified please.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Unvaccinated young adults were more responsible because they are more socially active than vaccinated seniors staying at home who were given priority in vaccinations. Who could the latter have infected, their cat? Ongoing study. We’ve seen our fair share of ongoing studies recently.

I live in a country that requires certain vaccinations for children for dangerous diseases. I was vaccinated for them as most others. It’s offtopic for covid.

What you don't take into account was that there were also vaccinated young adults in the study? 

Edited by placeholder

5 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

These studies read like astrology for now. Israel thought that vaccination would eradicate infections, also based on “studies”. Wait a few years before they figure it out. It seems they tossed the previous 100 years of studying infections out of the window and are trying to re-invent a wheel. Some part of population fell for it.

No, Israel got it right, their covid deaths are half of previous waves, no need for a study, pure fact.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/israel

data 1 sept 9.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

What 100 years of study did those benighted Israelis ignore? Are you claiming that vaccination numbers never reach herd immunity?

2 hours ago, Khabib said:

And not to make a mockery of the subject matter, personally I don't know of anybody personally who has succumbed to it, additionally, I dont know anybody personally, who knows anyone personally who succumbed. Maybe my circle is a lucky lot.

Must be, I have lost former co-workers who were in their 40's, a teacher who taught my kids, and family members, the latest one my Brother in-laws brother who refused to get vaccinated.  Count yourself lucky, or maybe your circle is infinitesimally small. I also have a few friends that are athletes that are still recovering a year after having covid. Thankfully my mother who was vaccinated and was then infected survived 3 weeks in the hospital at 83 years of age.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, Israel got it right, their covid deaths are half of previous waves, no need for a study, pure fact.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/israel

data 1 sept 9.png

I am not sure if that can be called a success, looks high to me, far from eradication. I’ve seen info that half of the new dead and seriously sick had been vaccinated. Anyhow, i think i will call it a forum day.

I am not sure if that can be called a success, looks high to me, far from eradication. I’ve seen info that half of the new dead and seriously sick had been vaccinated. Anyhow, i think i will call it a forum day.

Best you do that hole is getting pretty big to climb out of

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 1