2nd Shot of Moderna

dsmiththailand

August 5, 2021, i received my first shot of Moderna in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I am now in Bangkok for ASQ and will be in Pattaya on September 14.  I have contacted Bangkok Pattaya Hospital about how to obtain my second shot but was told that because i did not receive my first shot at their hospital, i can not receive the second shot from them.  

So, my first question, does someone know where i can get my second shot of Moderna, or Pfizer if Moderna is not available?

Alternatively, i could just indicate that I have not received any covid vaccine and just walk in to Terminal 21 mall and receive my first shot of Pfizer and then schedule a date for my second shot of Pfizer if i am not able to locate additional two shots of moderna, thereby gettting a total of three shots of covid vaccine. no need for a booster later.....lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dsmiththailand said:

without watching the whole boring speaker, no mention of free shots at terminal 21, he is talking about central with a booked appointment through thailandintervac.com, but looking there today BHPattaya do not have a link.

• Like 1

Lame video with almost NO narrative.

And it is about people - who REGISTERED (and received a notification) getting a shot of Pfizer at CENTRAL FESTIVAL.

Not "Walk ins" and not Terminal 21 and not Moderna.

Edit: Also - they are (or were) only giving the shot to people who had NOT had a vaccination shot previously.

I was registered and did receive a notification, went there at the appointed time, did the paperwork and was then told I wouldn't be given the shot as I'd received an AZ vaccination a couple weeks earlier (also from the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital - but at their Building D location).

Some private hospitals were registering people to get Moderna vaccinations - in October.
No word yet if that is still going to happen.

Edited by Kerryd
  • Like 2

somebody mentioned the last week, that he got pfizer in pattaya at BHP as walk in - went in the morning and got appointment for a shot in the afternoon. That's what I wanted to do myself, if my booking did not come (I have received my booking just 16h prior).

another person had astra a month ago and booked expatvax in medpark in bangkok, and at an appointment explaining, that he intends to travel shortly and his second astro coming in 2 months. He was accepted, but he wan't have final certificate, as az-pfizer were done at different hospitals.

probably you will have to pretend not been vaxed yet, if all legit attempts fail.

probably it will be only sinovac or astra, as pfizer is ending (now being available for over 40, with a waiting time a few days).

there would be yet another 1mln of the USA donated pfizer coming shortly, but probably not to foreigners anymore - rather army, police, civil servants will get 3rd.

for private moderna for the next year 2nd generation bookings closed around 25.8. But people will be trying to sell their own moderna booked for this year. Transfer not available yet, until appointment time, when vax is already in the country. Might be from Oct, but limited quantity. Only 4mln (out of 9.3mln booked will be available) 

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

for private moderna ... Might be from Oct, but limited quantity. Only 4mln (out of 9.3mln booked will be available) 

Uh, not quite as good as that.  The-newspaper-that-dare-not-speak-its-name today reports, it's going to be only 1.9 million doses of Moderna arriving in the last quarter of this year, according to the GPO.

10 hours ago, dsmiththailand said:

walk in to Terminal 21 mall and receive my first shot of Pfizer and then schedule a date for my second shot of Pfizer if i am not able to locate additional two shots of moderna, thereby gettting a total of three shots of covid vaccine. no need for a booster later.....lol

What the heck, why not?

You only live once.

12 hours ago, dsmiththailand said:

So, my first question, does someone know where i can get my second shot of Moderna, or Pfizer if Moderna is not available?

You cannot get Moderna apart from Private Hospitals, and they sells two jabs. You can skip one, if don't wish both. There might not be any Moderna available before next year, as the private hospitals already have a number of bookings for the first 5 million doses, which arrives partly in quarter 4/21 (almost 2 million doses), and quater 1/22 (little more than 3 million doses), today's news reported.

Pfizer might be limited, it's under the government's roll out.

9 hours ago, internationalism said:

Only 4mln (out of 9.3mln booked will be available) 

Latest news is that less than 2 million doses will actually be available. This was mentioned in another thread somewhere. 

Edited by Denim