Thailand cites positive results from Sinovac-AstraZeneca vaccine formula

snoop1130

On 9/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, Freddy42OZ said:

I paid for my shots because I'm under 55 and didn't want to wait (and the cost was only about 3600 THB). 

First shot was SinoVac and second AstraZeneca.   The actual process of getting the shots was very well organised although they were not really set up for English speakers and I only saw one other young Western bloke there.  Quite a lot of Thai Indians, but mostly Thais and very few old people, so I guess the oldies were getting free shots and it was all younger ones who were paying.

You paid!  Iam under 51 and I didn't have ro pay. It's free AZ to anybody in the living in the district or registered at a hospital giving the vaccines. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, placeholder said:

What do you mean by jargon? That you don't understand what a Phase 3 trial means? You claim to be widely read on the topic of Covid vaccines.

Is Putin's claim, which is unverifiable, that his daughter took the Sputnik V vaccine your idea of science-based evidence?

If Western vaccine manufacturers had skipped Phase 3 trials too, they could have released their vaccines for sale far earlier. Why do you think that being released first somehow obviates the need for Phase 3 trials?

Phase 3 sinovac trials were completed in February 2021 .

I can not verify that Putins daughter received a sputnik V vaccine as I can not verify many subjects raised on the world's media .  Putin was sending out a message that the vaccine is safe . That is plain common sense rather than scientific evidence.

China never skipped phase 3 trials . Phase 3 Trials' were completed in February 2021

Protectionist policies are the main reason for the rejection of the Sinovac and Sputnik V vaccine's .

Scientific evidence is not required for knowing that .

4 hours ago, itsari said:

Phase 3 sinovac trials were completed in February 2021 .

I can not verify that Putins daughter received a sputnik V vaccine as I can not verify many subjects raised on the world's media .  Putin was sending out a message that the vaccine is safe . That is plain common sense rather than scientific evidence.

China never skipped phase 3 trials . Phase 3 Trials' were completed in February 2021

Protectionist policies are the main reason for the rejection of the Sinovac and Sputnik V vaccine's .

Scientific evidence is not required for knowing that .

I was replying to these comments of yours about Sputnik V

Do you believe that jargon about phase 3 ? 

Putin made a statement that his daughter took the sputnik v vaccine with out problems .

Sputnik V was made available well before any other western vaccine . 

Phase 3 trials were not completed before the release of Sputnik V

The Sputnik V Vaccine and Russia’s Race to Immunity

The meeting’s ostensible agenda was the government’s preparations for the school year ahead, but the real news came in Putin’s opening remarks, when he revealed that Russia had granted approval to Sputnik V, the country’s first vaccine against covid-19. The vaccine, Putin noted, is “quite effective, helps develop immunity, and has gone through all the necessary trials.”

In fact, Russian scientists hadn’t published any data from their Phase I and Phase II trials, which test a vaccine’s safety and potential for efficacy among a limited number of volunteers, and hadn’t even started Phase III, which tests the vaccine in a much larger group of volunteers, using a placebo as a control. 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/02/08/the-sputnik-v-vaccine-and-russias-race-to-immunity

But since you've brought up the issue of Sinovac's vaccine...only the alleged results of a study were announced via a press release in February.

Release coronavirus vaccine efficacy data, ex-China drug watchdog chief urges country’s pharma firms
Bi Jingquan urges Chinese pharmaceutical firms to be more transparent to build public trust in their products
Shots by Sinovac, Sinopharm and CanSino Biologics have been approved for use in some countries without publishing comprehensive phase 3 clinical trial results

Published: 7:30pm, 4 Mar, 2021

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3124113/release-covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-data-former-china-drug

For someone who claims to be well read on the subject, you've missed out on an awful lot.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Putin made a statement that his daughter took the sputnik v vaccine with out problems .

The meeting’s ostensible agenda was the government’s preparations for the school year ahead, but the real news came in Putin’s opening remarks, when he revealed that Russia had granted approval to Sputnik V, the country’s first vaccine against covid-19. The vaccine, Putin noted, is “quite effective, helps develop immunity, and has gone through all the necessary trials.”

In fact, Russian scientists hadn’t published any data from their Phase I and Phase II trials, which test a vaccine’s safety and potential for efficacy among a limited number of volunteers, and hadn’t even started Phase III, which tests the vaccine in a much larger group of volunteers, using a placebo as a control. 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/02/08/the-sputnik-v-vaccine-and-russias-race-to-immunity

But since you've brought up the issue of Sinovac's vaccine...only the alleged results of a study were announced via a press release in February.

Release coronavirus vaccine efficacy data, ex-China drug watchdog chief urges country’s pharma firms
Bi Jingquan urges Chinese pharmaceutical firms to be more transparent to build public trust in their products
Shots by Sinovac, Sinopharm and CanSino Biologics have been approved for use in some countries without publishing comprehensive phase 3 clinical trial results

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3124113/release-covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-data-former-china-drug

For someone who claims to be well read on the subject, you've missed out on an awful lot.

For someone that wishes to ask questions and then say you never asked about Sinovac I just wonder if your getting your messges from a bottle

53 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It would be remarkable to see western pharmaceutical companies to be more transparent , not just Chinese.

Open both eyes please

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

For someone that wishes to ask questions and then say you never asked about Sinovac I just wonder if your getting your messges from a bottle

Clearly you're attempting to deflect.  I replied to your comments about Sputnik V and pointed out that Gamelaya hadn't even done a Phase 3 trial before the vaccine was released (it also hadn't published the resutls of its phase 1 and phase 2 trials) and your irrelevant response was to raise the issue of Sinovac. 

So not only did I address the issue of the Russian vaccine, but also replied to your irrelevant claim about Sinovac. You claimed it had completed Phase 3 trials in February. But the only evidence that Sinovac offered for that was a press release announcing the results. A month later it still hadn't released the data. In fact, months later it hadn't done that. But we are expected to take their word for it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, itsari said:

It would be remarkable to see western pharmaceutical companies to be more transparent , not just Chinese.

Open both eyes please

In fact, Western companies did release their Phase 1, 2, and 3 trial results with all the data before the vaccines were approved for emergency use. But if you've got facts that prove otherwise, by all means, share them with us. But you won't because you've got nothing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Clearly you're attempting to deflect.  I replied to your comments about Sputnik V and pointed out that Gamelaya hadn't even done a Phase 3 trial before the vaccine was released (it also hadn't published the resutls of its phase 1 and phase 2 trials) and your irrelevant response was to raise the issue of Sinovac. 

So not only did I address the issue of the Russian vaccine, but also replied to your irrelevant claim about Sinovac. You claimed it had completed Phase 3 trials in February. But the only evidence that Sinovac offered for that was a press release announcing the results. A month later it still hadn't released the data. In fact, months later it hadn't done that. But we are expected to take their word for it?

The test results  for the 3rd trial for sinovac in February this year   was far more than a press release . All information has been divulged by sinovac biotech limited . 

22 minutes ago, itsari said:

The test results  for the 3rd trial for sinovac in February this year   was far more than a press release . All information has been divulged by sinovac biotech limited . 

You should let WHO know, they are still waiting for it, along with everybody else outside of Sinovac

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

In fact, Western companies did release their Phase 1, 2, and 3 trial results with all the data before the vaccines were approved for emergency use. But if you've got facts that prove otherwise, by all means, share them with us. But you won't because you've got nothing.

Share the truth with a person who has tunnel vision is a fruitless exercise .

36 minutes ago, itsari said:

Really? It was a press release. The study itself was not released, The data shared in that release was very limited. As noted above, the former Chinese head of China's watchdog drug agency criticized Sinovac for withholding data in March, 1 month after the press release.

And there's this:

China’s vaccine diplomacy stumbles as clinical trial data remains absent

March 23, 2021 at 1:02 a.m. EDT

China’s coronavirus vaccine makers Sinovac and Sinopharm were among the earliest in the world to begin clinical trials last year. It remains unclear why they still have not published the data from the studies, even after dozens of governments have greenlighted their vaccines for emergency use.

“It’s extremely unusual,” said Peter English, a British expert in communicable-disease control, of the widespread use of these vaccines before the publication of peer-reviewed data.

expert reaction to announcement of results of phase III of Sinovac vaccine in China

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/china-coronavirus-singapore-data/2021/03/23/7a0582ca-8afc-11eb-a33e-da28941cb9ac_story.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, itsari said:

Share the truth with a person who has tunnel vision is a fruitless exercise .

Well, I guess if you think of the constraint imposed by actual facts as some sort of tunnel vision, you have a point. By all means, continue to make assertions unbacked by any independently verifiable evidence. It's not surprising that you would defend these companies that refused to publicly release their data. You, like they, seem allergic to citing independently verifiable facts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well, I guess if you think of the constraint imposed by actual facts as some sort of tunnel vision, you have a point. By all means, continue to make assertions unbacked by any independently verifiable evidence. It's not surprising that you would defend these companies that refused to publicly release their data. You, like they, seem allergic to citing independently verifiable facts.

You are making the assertions , not anyone else. 

I repeat , the company behind Sinovac covid 19 vaccine has divulged the findings from there tests . All three . 

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:25 AM, BobinBKK said:

I think the world's general consensus on this useless vaccine speaks for itself. Not very effective against the Delta variant coupled with losing half of it's efficacy rate ever 40 days. 

And Prayut's only concern here is damaging relations with China? Talk about putting nails in your own political coffin... Every time that hapless rube opens his mouth he give people (except for the Chinese) more reason to hate him.

Sinivac is the most widely administered of all the COVID vaccines 

what on earth are you wittering on about?

On 9/3/2021 at 7:06 PM, MrJ2U said:

They've ordered more Sinovac.

Just after they reported there "Findings".

Ugh!

"Between now and the end of the year, six million doses of Sinovac are expected to arrive"

[Thailand News App] Thai PBS World: Combined use of AstraZeneca and Pfizer jabs starts in October in Thailand
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/combined-use-of-astrazeneca-and-pfizer-jabs-starts-in-october-in-thailand/

“Can you believe it, they just ordered more doses of Sinovac, despite everything I’ve posted on the ThaiVisa forum. Yeah, it’s only got a 51% efficacy rate and even the Thais won’t take it”

43B435C9-E28E-4AD7-A559-F6BDC30AB447.jpeg

2 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Sinivac is the most widely administered of all the COVID vaccines 

what on earth are you wittering on about?

First off, a lot of nonsense has been written about the so called ineffectiveness of Sinovac. It doesn't seem to penetrate the skulls of some people the effectiveness commonly referred to is about transmission of the disease. Not about how well it prevents hospitalizations and deaths. (Those numbers are always much higher.)  And the number cited for its effectiveness after 2 doses in stopping transmission is always the 51% figure, even though all other real world studies gave it a much higher number.

That said, recent research does show that there is a correlation between antibody levels and effectiveness at preventing serious symptoms and death. And when it comes to the Delta variant, Sinovac does perform less well in this regard. That doesn't mean it is ineffective. Most likely it is just less effective.

However, the fact that Sinovac is the most widely used vaccine has less to do with how well it performs against other vaccines, and more to do with the fact that it actually is currently available in large quantities. And it is falling in popularity as other vaccines become more widely available.

11 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

wittering on about?

What kind of poor excuse of the English language is that???  But in answer to your question, consider the fact that it's being widely administer in over populated and impoverished countries, and that doesn't make it effective. It only means it another cheap knock off product "Made in China".

How's that for "wittering on about"?  

On 9/5/2021 at 1:51 AM, itsari said:

False. Phase 1 and 2 data was never released. Only a preliminary report about phase 3 was released. And that happened on May 27, 2021, months after Sinovac had entered general use. A report about the final results is yet to be published. And by the way you claim not to make assertions. If that's the case what do you call this:

"The test results  for the 3rd trial for sinovac in February this year   was far more than a press release . All information has been divulged by sinovac biotech limited ."

And it was only a press release. Nothing more. Stop making things up.

Edited by placeholder

10 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Besides the 10 million people in Thailand who have already received it.

pathetic response as per usual MrJ2U

If you actually lived in this country you would understand that Thai's aren't particularly  happy with the thought of taking Sinovac.

Maybe you'll make it over someday.

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

If you actually lived in this country you would understand that Thai's aren't particularly  happy with the thought of taking Sinovac.

Maybe you'll make it over someday.

Ive lived in Thailand since 2006 and came back to UK for a short break last month. 
stop talking complete rubbish.

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Yup. 

Look at the state of you

what happened to your Wumao activity thread? Why was that taken down? 

you’ve previously accused me of being a paid agent for the Chinese government and now of not living in Thailand.

what an embarrassment 

Edited by FridgeMagnet1