Thailand reports 14,652 new COVID-19 cases and 18,262 recoveries

webfact

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Chonburi has roughly 3.5 times as many inhabitants as does Phuket yet has 20 times as many deaths as does Phuket. Another sign that vaccination - even if the majority of those vaccinations are of Sinovac's vaccine - is highly effective in reducing mortality?

One could only hope your statement is correct, after all the vaccines, no matter who you are, or what one was given, should give protection at least a slim amount to keep one from dying.  Now have vaccinated folks died, sure they have, but any vaccine is better than nothing in my view.  I just wish that that those with certain medical conditions, like my GF, could get one of the MRNA vaccinations, as she can not have the AZ, J&J, Sinovac or Sinopharm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

One could only hope your statement is correct, after all the vaccines, no matter who you are, or what one was given, should give protection at least a slim amount to keep one from dying.  Now have vaccinated folks died, sure they have, but any vaccine is better than nothing in my view.  I just wish that that those with certain medical conditions, like my GF, could get one of the MRNA vaccinations, as she can not have the AZ, J&J, Sinovac or Sinopharm.

I too wish everyone could have access to vaccines which are likely to be more effective than Sinovac's vaccine or Sinopharm's in preventing infections, hospitalizations, and death.  But just because product A works better than product B doesn't mean the B is worthless or anything like it. Most of the criticisms of the Chinese vaccines I see in this forum seem based either in dislike (to put it mildly) of the Chinese govt, or clearly false claims that the Chinese economy is capable only of producing low quality goods, or a combination of both.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Chonburi has roughly 3.5 times as many inhabitants as does Phuket yet has 20 times as many deaths as does Phuket. Another sign that vaccination - even if the majority of those vaccinations are of Sinovac's vaccine - is highly effective in reducing mortality?

A more accurate way to determine how the vaccines are going in Phuket is to take the cases since the start of the 3rd wave, 1st April, and they are 4,772. With 20 covid deaths in that same period it gives a CFR of 0.43%. I would say there is clear evidence that the vaccines are working, however that does not give a breakdown on which vaccines were used, although Sinovac was primarily used to begin with, that was only given to the under 60's. AZ was the one given to the over 60's and of course now its given to nearly all age groups together with Sinovac.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I too wish everyone could have access to vaccines which are likely to be more effective than Sinovac's vaccine or Sinopharm's in preventing infections, hospitalizations, and death.  But just because product A works better than product B doesn't mean the B is worthless or anything like it. Most of the criticisms of the Chinese vaccines I see in this forum seem based either in dislike (to put it mildly) of the Chinese govt, or clearly false claims that the Chinese economy is capable only of producing low quality goods, or a combination of both.

Don’t forget that some have the attitude that they only deserve the best so nothing other than Moderna or Pfizer is good enough for those special ones and rubbishing the Sinovac vaccine is all part of that. 

You only have to recall some of the conversations taking place on here when the USA donated some Pfizer vaccines to confirm this.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

A more accurate way to determine how the vaccines are going in Phuket is to take the cases since the start of the 3rd wave, 1st April, and they are 4,772. With 20 covid deaths in that same period it gives a CFR of 0.43%. I would say there is clear evidence that the vaccines are working, however that does not give a breakdown on which vaccines were used, although Sinovac was primarily used to begin with, that was only given to the under 60's. AZ was the one given to the over 60's and of course now its given to nearly all age groups together with Sinovac.

That is a fair point. Although I haven't been able to find an explicit breakdown of how the doses were administered. In the early days only Sinovac was available. Were the elderly not vaccinated until AZ was on offer?

Just now, placeholder said:

That is a fair point. Although I haven't been able to find an explicit breakdown of how the doses were administered. In the early days only Sinovac was available. Were the elderly not vaccinated until AZ was on offer?

No the elderly only got AZ when it became available, it was under 60's only for Sinovac at the start but I think thats changed now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

Bangkok.

And no I did not. This is why everything that comes out of these daily stats is a complete lie.

Why would vaccine statistics be a complete lie? It works fine around where I live.

2 hours ago, stigar said:

My wifre prepaid for Phizer in korat.When she arrived she get sinovac..they said take it or leave it. She ask for money back and they said no.

You can't choose vaccine in Sweden either so why should you be able to choose in Thailand? And no, Thai's would never say take it or leave it, they'd say it's all we have. 

So she went home again without getting the vaccine and the money is still there, right? If you want to choose, you'll have to wait. That's common sense.

I have my 2 shots, one Sinovac and one AZ, I got them for free and I say Thank you Thailand   

Edited by MikeyIdea
Added comma
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

You can't choose vaccine in Sweden either so why should you be able to choose in Thailand? 

Because that's what she paid for?

Or is the law different in Sweden?

You deposit million dollars in swiss bank but get million baht instead when you make withdrawal?

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 1

Health minister all migrant restaurant workers will be vaccinated

Foreign migrant workers employed in the food and beverage (F&B) service sector in Thailand, who are not covered by the social security scheme, will be vaccinated. The Public Health and Labour ministries, as well as security agencies, have been working out the actual numbers, said Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

A special quota of vaccines has been sought by the Thai Restaurants Association for these employees, most of whom have been working in small eateries and are beyond social security coverage.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/health-minister-all-migrant-restaurant-workers-will-be-vaccinated/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s public health ministry said Friday that it would stop ordering sinovac and concentrate on other vaccines.

Victory?!

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1433740642757210115

That maybe confirmation from the graphic they released a few days ago where there are no more ordered from Nov?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1229159-thailands-daily-covid-19-cases-drop-below-20000-for-8th-successive-day/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-16780488

data 29 aug 7.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rubbish. It was folks who felt that since their country had donated it they should get a vaccine from the donated bunch. It was not about it being a superior vaccine.  As usual your trolling again.

Thanks for confirming what I said. 

As it was donated from the States some people felt they should get priority over Thais. People can draw their own conclusions as to why. My opinion is, from the comments posted at the time, some people felt they should be first in the queue. 

Just in case you’re not sure, Its not trolling just because you disagree with my opinion. 

Stay safe. 

13 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Because that's what she paid for?

Or is the law different in Sweden?

You deposit million dollars in swiss bank but get million baht instead when you make withdrawal?

Your comparison is childish and you know it. No one forced you and your wife to not wait. You knew very well that it would take much longer to get that specific vaccine brand when you ordered. So wait for it then and stop moaning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

Your comparison is childish and you know it. No one forced you and your wife to not wait. You knew very well that it would take much longer to get that specific vaccine brand when you ordered. So wait for it then and stop moaning.

Nothing to do with me.

She paid for Pfizer and was offered Sinovac.

What comparison would you like me to offer regarding this blatant fraud?

Combined use of AstraZeneca and Pfizer jabs starts in October in Thailand

Thailand is tentatively set to extend its “mix and match” approach to COVID-19 mass vaccination in October, using the AstraZeneca viral vector vaccine as the first dose, followed by a dose of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine 4-12 weeks later. About 10 million doses of Pfizer-BioNTech are expected to arrive monthly, said Dr Sophon Iamsirithavorn, deputy director-general of the Disease Control Department today (Friday).

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/combined-use-of-astrazeneca-and-pfizer-jabs-starts-in-october-in-thailand/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Combined use of AstraZeneca and Pfizer jabs starts in October in Thailand

Thailand is tentatively set to extend its “mix and match” approach to COVID-19 mass vaccination in October, using the AstraZeneca viral vector vaccine as the first dose, followed by a dose of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine 4-12 weeks later. About 10 million doses of Pfizer-BioNTech are expected to arrive monthly, said Dr Sophon Iamsirithavorn, deputy director-general of the Disease Control Department today (Friday).

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/combined-use-of-astrazeneca-and-pfizer-jabs-starts-in-october-in-thailand/

A true mixed cocktail then....Hey Doc I will Take a jab of Sinovac, then jab me with that AZ stuff, and now for my booster only 8 weeks or maybe 16 weeks after my Sinovac shot give me that Pfizer jab.  So 3 jabs in 4 months.  Has the body even built up the immunities in full by the time the booster is given........

Does anyone see an issue here, or is it just me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Why would vaccine statistics be a complete lie? It works fine around where I live.

You can't choose vaccine in Sweden either so why should you be able to choose in Thailand? And no, Thai's would never say take it or leave it, they'd say it's all we have. 

So she went home again without getting the vaccine and the money is still there, right? If you want to choose, you'll have to wait. That's common sense.

I have my 2 shots, one Sinovac and one AZ, I got them for free and I say Thank you Thailand   

First of all im from norway.Second is i been living in thailand many years so i know how it works.

She had prepaid for PHIZER.The problem is that the director of that hospital have make sure himself and his family and many other friends and more get the phizer vaccine.Ur rigth i cant choose my vacciene here,anyway im happy i get my two shots of phizer here.We only use phizer and moderna here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

Nothing to do with me.

She paid for Pfizer and was offered Sinovac.

What comparison would you like me to offer regarding this blatant fraud?

There is no fraud yet. Again, it's common sense. You'll just have to wait until it comes if you don't want what they have, of course????

As a comparison between us, I'd rather have Sinovac and then AZ now when there's still a lot of Delta around than waiting for something better that won't come in enough quantities for another 3 months, when covid will be much less wide spread. You choose to wait for something better, good, that's your choice, I was risk averse that's all. We'll both need booster shots within 6 months of the second shot anyway.

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 15,942 coronavirus cases and 20,351 recoveries

COV4.jpg

File photo: REUTERS/Dado Ruvic

Thailand on Saturday (September 4) reported 15,942 new COVID-19 cases, 20,351 recoveries and 257 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1230041-covid-19-thailand-reports-15942-coronavirus-cases-and-20351-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin