All FOX Sports and Other FOX TV Channels dropped in SE Asia

silverhawk_usa

TrueVisions has been streaming a message that all Fox channels will be dropped starting Oct 1.  I was, of course, irate with TrueVisions as there isn't much else worth watching there.  It turns out, Disney Corporation owns Fox and has decided on this move affecting all of SE Asia.  Disney allegedly wants to concentrate on their video streaming.   More explanation in the attached link: https://www.sportcal.com/News/FeaturedNews/136229

Edited by silverhawk_usa

I assume that Disney + Hotstar will simply expand their current offering via AIS Play (fiber, mobile), with some set of packages to include these outlets. Although Disney Sport doesn't sound that awesome? Hotstar Sports? Channel or event based? Then fold the Fox movies into the regular Disney + Hotstar catalog?

Would hope they'll sort this out soon? Maybe keep an eye out for a promotion like the Disney + one, at 35 baht/month?

Some rumors that Disney will launch a streaming sports package based on the ESPN brand; Disney owns ~ 80% of ESPN.

2 hours ago, rbkk said:

In Hong Kong last week Now TV picked up the rights to the F1 and tennis only. I wonder who in Thailand will do similar? Cream only please, none of your low-fat/ plant-based <deleted>, please!

Maybe this will pave the way for f1tv to broadcast in Thailand. That would be nice; save having to go through a VPN anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

I wonder who in Thailand will do similar?

Well there's a limited number of companies equipped and licensed to do this...

mobile phone companies

internet service providers

cable TV operators

entertainment companies (GMM Z)

I guess some greenfielder could jump in, but of the few recent examples of this, all have failed.

True Visions is a rather pathetic monopoly, and their selection of channels is perhaps one of the worst in the world, for the money. I used to have the gold package, and I keep downgrading, as the selection of movies is horrible, and they seem to insist on only licensing movies that cost less than a few dollars, as nobody else wants them. Occasionally they seem to throw in a good one. Sports coverage is only decent, and it costs way too much.

Monopolies are never a good idea, and only brain dead governments, think otherwise. In the US, with Direct TV, I would be watching hundreds of channels in HD. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

True Visions is a rather pathetic monopoly, and their selection of channels is perhaps one of the worst in the world, for the money. I used to have the gold package, and I keep downgrading, as the selection of movies is horrible, and they seem to insist on only licensing movies that cost less than a few dollars, as nobody else wants them. Occasionally they seem to throw in a good one. Sports coverage is only decent, and it costs way too much.

Monopolies are never a good idea, and only brain dead governments, think otherwise. In the US, with Direct TV, I would be watching hundreds of channels in HD. 

Thanks for your opinion, but True Vision has nothing to do with this. The problem is Disney is stopping broadcast of Fox in Asia. That is all carriers and many countries, e.g. Hong Kong. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With Fox Sports Asia's final F1 broadcast this evening of the F1 GP in Sochi I'm feeling anxious about how to watch the race live from October onwards. It seems that some neighbouring countries have already got this sorted, e.g., Astro in Malaysia have launched a new sports channel that will broadcast F1 (with similar positive developments in SG, PH and HK). 

Hoping that True Visions can announce a new deal soon, or alternatively F1 granting approval for Thailand to have F1 TV Pro access, otherwise may need to consider a Sky Sports F1 subscription at GBP25 p/mth.

Edited by mark5335

Following the advise of an earlier poster here, I tried USTVGO.TV . Then went to their channel listing and tried ESPN2.  I watched the SkySports pre-race coverage and the race in full, live as shown on SkySports.  No VPN necessary. Other channels are available. Some require a VPN and others don't. I passed this on to a friend, who also said it was successful.

I went to the True office in the Ruam Chok Tesco Lotus complex.  They did not have any information on future channels, but they did give me a 20% discount for six months on my Gold Package.  I hope this all works for you.      

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

Following the advise of an earlier poster here, I tried USTVGO.TV . Then went to their channel listing and tried ESPN2.  I watched the SkySports pre-race coverage and the race in full, live as shown on SkySports.  No VPN necessary. Other channels are available. Some require a VPN and others don't. I passed this on to a friend, who also said it was successful.

I went to the True office in the Ruam Chok Tesco Lotus complex.  They did not have any information on future channels, but they did give me a 20% discount for six months on my Gold Package.  I hope this all works for you.      

Thanks. I tested USTVGO.TV by watching the Long Beach Indycar race on NBC Sports using a VPN, and was happy with the picture quality and lack of buffering, so that should be a good solution for the F1.

Regarding your True Visions Gold, as an existing subscriber did you simply walk into their outlet and requested what they were doing about motorsports, and they offered you the discount, or did you request compensation for loss of the channels and they immediately offered you the discount?

At first they seemed to not know what I was talking about. I said there should be a discount. The manager (?) stepped in and asked for my acct #.  I had my unpaid bill with me and she looked it up on computer and asked if I wanted to downgrade.  I said "maybe quit". She then offered the discount.

• Like 1

I just had a look at TrueVisions for the first time in several days (now watching IPTV) and this reduction in programs came as quite a shock.

So that's it for me, goodbye True, hello Pulse-TV and/or HDprime - together are cheaper than True.

I just hope I can get all the snooker.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, JetsetBkk said:

I just had a look at TrueVisions for the first time in several days (now watching IPTV) and this reduction in programs came as quite a shock.

So that's it for me, goodbye True, hello Pulse-TV and/or HDprime - together are cheaper than True.

I just hope I can get all the snooker.

I watch snooker on SKY sports and FreeSports, and EuroSport 2.

Edited by codemonkey
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Get an Android Box.

Check out a monthly IPTV.

Troypoint.com has many recommend.  

Have good WiFi and you'll get every sport that is televised in the world.

Save money also.

I watch any sport I want without subscription. Whatever you want to watch someone is streaming for free. Saves even more money.

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Get an Android Box.

Check out a monthly IPTV.

Troypoint.com has many recommend.  

Have good WiFi and you'll get every sport that is televised in the world.

Save money also.

That's what I have - an Android box. I'm trying to get a reliable IPTV service. "Pulse-TV" is terrible at the moment. I hope it's just a temporary internet problem. Never seen it this bad before: 

60581072_IMG_20211007_204401500.jpg.eb4871960495917b3230c6ab87640292.jpg

Normally it's at least 15Mbps, and often 30.

1 minute ago, JetsetBkk said:

That's what I have - an Android box. I'm trying to get a reliable IPTV service. "Pulse-TV" is terrible at the moment. I hope it's just a temporary internet problem. Never seen it this bad before: 

60581072_IMG_20211007_204401500.jpg.eb4871960495917b3230c6ab87640292.jpg

Normally it's at least 15Mbps, and often 30.

Whos your internet provider?

I'm using TRUE 300/300.

799 baht a month.

I've put a Lynksys mesh network throughout our property so WiFi is regularly over 100.

Are you using a VPN?

If so don't bother.  No one is going to bother if you streaming news, movies, or sports.

Thats to slow.

7 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Whos your internet provider?

I'm using TRUE 300/300.

799 baht a month.

I've put a Lynksys mesh network throughout our property so WiFi is regularly over 100.

Are you using a VPN?

If so don't bother.  No one is going to bother if you streaming news, movies, or sports.

Thats to slow.

I'm on 3BB 1000/500. There's obviously a problem in my area:

576324144_Screenshot2021-10-07210524400.jpg.fb5e3281db82e50b76c2ea5bf7bcf197.jpg

- that's from TestMy.net single threaded to Singapore.

24 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I watch any sport I want without subscription. Whatever you want to watch someone is streaming for free. Saves even more money.

Sounds great!

How.

Before the NFL Thursday night game preferably.

4 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I'm on 3BB 1000/500. There's obviously a problem in my area:

576324144_Screenshot2021-10-07210524400.jpg.fb5e3281db82e50b76c2ea5bf7bcf197.jpg

- that's from TestMy.net single threaded to Singapore.

Perhaps call them.

True is very responsive when theres a problem.

I've never dealt with 3bb.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Perhaps call them.

True is very responsive when theres a problem.

I've never dealt with 3bb.

Good luck!

I called 3BB. Nice guy, good English. He rebooted something. I tested again with TestMy.net - 1.2 Mbps. 

He suggested testing using speedtest.3bb.co.th and it was 900/500. Totally irrelevant, of course - internal to Thailand.

He then said it was the International Gateway with a problem and would pass on the complaint to somebody.

After hanging up with 3BB, I retested the "Asia 1" server on Pulse-tv, and it is back up to 18 Mbps, which is plenty fast enough!

So I was wondering whether the speed problem was because I was watching the World Grand Prix Darts on Sky Sports Arena in "Catch-up Mode" - i.e. a recording of what was on last night. So I went back to that same program that was unwatchable a few minutes a go... and it's perfect! 

So maybe whatever the 3BB guy rebooted fixed the problem. Or whoever he passed the complaint on to did something?

I must remember to call 3BB again the next time Pulse-tv starts buffering! ????

Edit: While I was writing this, a different guy from 3BB just called me. So I told him it was now OK. Unbelievable service!

And Johnny Clayton beat De Sousa at darts. Excellent! ????

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 11:28 AM, silverhawk_usa said:

On 9/28/2021 at 7:52 PM, silverhawk_usa said:

At first they seemed to not know what I was talking about. I said there should be a discount. The manager (?) stepped in and asked for my acct #.  I had my unpaid bill with me and she looked it up on computer and asked if I wanted to downgrade.  I said "maybe quit". She then offered the discount.

Yesterday I received a 1,000 baht Credit Note and Receipt/Tax Invoice from True. Tomorrow I'll go to True and find out what it was for. It may be because they have no Fox channels or because I had no Cable TV at all for 11 days after they cut the cable (wire) signal before they installed the Fibre.

Whatever it was for, I've decided to cancel TrueVisions anyway because now I have an IPTV service (or 2).

11 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

I called 3BB. Nice guy, good English. He rebooted something. I tested again with TestMy.net - 1.2 Mbps. 

He suggested testing using speedtest.3bb.co.th and it was 900/500. Totally irrelevant, of course - internal to Thailand.

He then said it was the International Gateway with a problem and would pass on the complaint to somebody.

After hanging up with 3BB, I retested the "Asia 1" server on Pulse-tv, and it is back up to 18 Mbps, which is plenty fast enough!

So I was wondering whether the speed problem was because I was watching the World Grand Prix Darts on Sky Sports Arena in "Catch-up Mode" - i.e. a recording of what was on last night. So I went back to that same program that was unwatchable a few minutes a go... and it's perfect! 

So maybe whatever the 3BB guy rebooted fixed the problem. Or whoever he passed the complaint on to did something?

I must remember to call 3BB again the next time Pulse-tv starts buffering! ????

Edit: While I was writing this, a different guy from 3BB just called me. So I told him it was now OK. Unbelievable service!

And Johnny Clayton beat De Sousa at darts. Excellent! ????

There probably throttling certain sites that strain the servers.

It wouldn't hurt to suggest the upgrade your router if its older than a year.

It's free and they wont do it unless you ask them.

I'll have to check out Pulse TV.  I'm hoping to watch some NFL games.  

• Thanks 1