AstraZeneca-Pfizer vaccine mix to be employed from October

Jonathan Fairfield

50 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

Pfizer is already here in Thailand, I had a shot two weeks ago and my second shot is next week. Wifes mother and also grandmother have been lucky and they have had two shots each of AZ

Guess they still have the donated 2.5 mil doses from the USA. 

On 9/5/2021 at 8:30 AM, Henryford said:

Can anyone reference for me the scientific papers where they have tested the effect of mixing different vaccines?

I don't have these papers at hand but the UK among other countries has done extensive research and the conclusion is that it's both safe and effective. As a result several European countries have been giving the Astra-Pfizer combination for quite some time now. Especially the UK can benefit from it because Pfizer provides a higher degree of protection from the delta variant than Astra. UK has been relying mostly on Astra from the early start of their vaccination program.

I've asked the hospital if I can get Pfizer as a second jab after Astra later this month but they've said they don't do this yet. Fine, I'll get a Pfizer or Moderna booster in a couple months then.

12 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

I don't have these papers at hand but the UK among other countries has done extensive research and the conclusion is that it's both safe and effective. As a result several European countries have been giving the Astra-Pfizer combination for quite some time now. Especially the UK can benefit from it because Pfizer provides a higher degree of protection from the delta variant than Astra. UK has been relying mostly on Astra from the early start of their vaccination program.

I've asked the hospital if I can get Pfizer as a second jab after Astra later this month but they've said they don't do this yet. Fine, I'll get a Pfizer or Moderna booster in a couple months then.

Yes, there are at least 3 different high quality studies I am aware of.  I think the Spanish one has been fully peer reviewed.  I think parts of the UK study have been peer reviewed.  Maybe all of it by now.

I got AZ + Pfizer myself.  Surprisingly I am still alive, did not grow horns, nothing.  Kind of bummed that my 5G signal did not improve.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Yes, there are at least 3 different high quality studies I am aware of.  I think at least one has been peer reviewed now.

I have gotten AZ + Pfizer myself.  Surprisingly I am still alive, did not grow horns, nothing.  Kind of bummed that my 5G signal did not improve.

Well, that's probably because you're magnetic now which nullifies that promised benefit.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Yes, there are at least 3 different high quality studies I am aware of.  I think at least one has been peer reviewed now.

I have gotten AZ + Pfizer myself.  Surprisingly I am still alive, did not grow horns, nothing.  Kind of bummed that my 5G signal did not improve.

Well said. One thing has to be mentioned though. You do have a higher chance of serious and rare side-effects when you get a combination of vaccines. This is due to the simple reason that you're exposing yourself to two different sets of risks. That's a teeny weeny catch though. One in 1000 women taking contraceptives develop some form of thrombosis but no social media taught self-proclaimed expert ever complained about that.

9 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

Well said. One thing has to be mentioned though. You do have a higher chance of serious and rare side-effects when you get a combination of vaccines. This is due to the simple reason that you're exposing yourself to two different sets of risks. That's a teeny weeny catch though. One in 1000 women taking contraceptives develop some form of thrombosis but no social media taught self-proclaimed expert ever complained about that.

Yes and no.  Some of the side effects happen on the 2nd dose of the same vaccine.  For example, the heart inflammation caused by the mRNA vaccines usually happens with the 2nd dose.  I think the blood clot issue with AZ sometimes happened with the 2nd dose as well.

So it's not simple math of 1+1=2x more side effects.  By mixing you are actually reducing the likelyhood of some things.

Edited by shdmn

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Yes and no.  Some of the side effects happen on the 2nd dose of the same vaccine.  For example, the heart inflammation sometimes caused by the mRNA vaccines usually happens with the 2nd dose.  I think the blood clot issue with AZ sometimes happened with the 2nd dose as well.

So it's not simple math of 1+1=2x more side effects.

Agreed. I don't intend to suggest it's twice the risk but I can imagine that exposure to two different solutions and thus more distinct substances that normally don't belong in our tissues does introduce more risk. Different vaccines means more kinds of proteins being injected for example and thus more chance of adverse effects. Still these risks are minimal and probably far outweighed by the increased protection from an mRNA based vaccine. The only way to be sure of course is to test and compare vaccine combinations over large groups.

46 minutes ago, shdmn said:

I got AZ + Pfizer myself.  Surprisingly I am still alive, did not grow horns, nothing.  Kind of bummed that my 5G signal did not improve.

Same, I have had one of each in Australia. I am getting radio signals from somewhere in Andromeda though.

• Haha 2

it has been stated in Aussie that mix and match is dangerous, thank god they do not know what they are talking about, after all it is only done because of the supplies the Thai gov. have waist not want not way to go, it is a fact that people who have a double dose that do not wear a mask like when eating or at home can spread corvid, wonder what the kids of the future will look like, The Chinese leader wants to nuc the world to get rid of the people so we fighting an uphill battle

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thailanddogerator said:

And you have been pefectly brainwashed ! yes ! this is sure !

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Why you so sure I am brain washed ? On the contrary I think

Because thailanddogerator's secret identity is that he is the world's greatest expert on the phenomenon of "heterologous prime boost."

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 3:39 PM, club said:

Guess they still have the donated 2.5 mil doses from the USA. 

Have read that the Pfizer vaccine can only be stored for 30 days.  Believe that is why most 2nd shots are within 2-3 weeks

49 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Have read that the Pfizer vaccine can only be stored for 30 days.  Believe that is why most 2nd shots are within 2-3 weeks

It can only be stored for 30 days in a refrigerator at 2 to 8 degees celsius. It will last months in a freezer at a temperature of -25 to -15 celsius.

Edited by placeholder

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Well they received 1.5 mil July 30 and not sure when the 1 mil got here. Supply must be running low 

Various studies online have said the mix  and match combination is ok.

However if you had a first shot of Astra Zeneca and then due to admin glitches were offered a firm appointment for Pfizer exactly 3 weeks later as a second jab.

Would this short period of just three weeks between the two shots be hazardous or medically risky although offering excellent protection against Covid.?

The European Medicines Agency has listed the neurological disorder Guillain-Barre syndrome, which can cause temporary paralysis, as a "very rare" side effect of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine.

A causal relationship was "considered at least a reasonable possibility", the EMA 

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210909-nerve-disorder-listed-as-very-rare-side-effect-of-astrazeneca-jab

28 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Haven't read the thread, but my advice is to avoid mix and match. 

Not on medical grounds, but traveling will become a nightmare as mix and match is not/may not be accepted.

Thanks,

Think the Thai gov are advocating mix n match Astra Zeneca and Pfizer but maybe not with only three weeks between.

Interested in the medical complications or side effects if any? of only 3 weeks between a first shot of Astra Zeneca followed by a shot of Pfizer 3 weeks later, maybe not advisable or perfectly ok?

Is there a doctor in the house?

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sapson said:

Thanks,

Think the Thai gov are advocating mix n match Astra Zeneca and Pfizer but maybe not with only three weeks between.

Interested in the medical complications or side effects if any? of only 3 weeks between a first shot of Astra Zeneca followed by a shot of Pfizer 3 weeks later, maybe not advisable or perfectly ok?

Is there a doctor in the house?

If it quacks like a duck...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahtin said:

Seriously, the Oxford study was just 4 weeks between AZ1 and Pfizer2.

So I need to take a look at the study, but Im presuming no particular extra adverse side effects to be expected from just 3 weeks between the jabs.?