Thailand reports 15,452 new COVID-19 cases, 18,257 recoveries

Jonathan Fairfield

42 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The number of Thai people who I know in Pattaya who have been vaccinated is now relatively high, but only a handful have received their second jab.

Someone told me they could buy a Pfizer jab in Bangkok for 2000 baht. I don’t know who is authorized to sell Pfizer.

Bargin - cheaper than Moderna and probably just as unreliable delivery.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The number of Thai people who I know in Pattaya who have been vaccinated is now relatively high, but only a handful have received their second jab.

Yes, I have also noticed this recently, several of wife's friends and many others I have asked.

Almost 600K per day being vaccinated is good going, Hope supplies manage to keep up, as the administration network seems to be doing fine. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Thanks for that - I just noticed ... "school sandbox program" ... is this an official prog or just something you invented (quite right too - not criticising) 

Its the officially signed of term from Phuket education Authority, I think its the same term that will be used nationwide?

2 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

900,000+ people jabbed in a day, scattered across the country?  Are there photos of these gatherings?

Not sure but here's a photo of a Bangkok restaurant last night...555 back to normal it seems at least in this one.

Yesterday we ate outdoors, tonight it's indoors, but not Aircon. I think they might be a bit over the 75% capacity limit. #Bangkok

E-b6t03VIAEHYAh.jpg.918b9fdb67f5173931929b5d00fd1446.jpg

https://twitter.com/ken1978uk/status/1434109203396763648

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure but here's a photo of a Bangkok restaurant last night...555 back to normal it seems at least in this one.

Yesterday we ate outdoors, tonight it's indoors, but not Aircon. I think they might be a bit over the 75% capacity limit. #Bangkok

E-b6t03VIAEHYAh.jpg.918b9fdb67f5173931929b5d00fd1446.jpg

https://twitter.com/ken1978uk/status/1434109203396763648

Happy to be in Pattaya dining @ CheapCharlies thanks! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure but here's a photo of a Bangkok restaurant last night...555 back to normal it seems at least in this one

And yet they persecute the open air bars.

Even prior to this current wave when alcohol was available at places such as Soi 4 Sukhumvit etc there was hardly anyone there.

Same at the Pattaya bars. Give those businesses a break.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 938 new cases today and 4 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (190), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (121), and Si Racha (290). There are 14,083 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1434307521359929347

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/05/chonburi-reports-938-new-covid-19-cases-with-4-deaths/

• Thanks 1

Over 7,000 travellers fly following easing of restrictions

The Transport Ministry says thousands of travellers took to the nation’s airports to fly since the government eased lockdown measures. The ministry says that more than 7,000 flyers travelled using 14 reopened airports across 130 flights throughout the nation following the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s easing of the national lockdown that took place last week.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/over-7000-travellers-fly-following-easing-of-restrictions

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

There are stadiums filled with people sitting 6 inches from one another right now.

I wonder why the world is not coming to an end. 

0-1 deaths per day in Sweden since July. No lockdown. 

The one thing I love about this entire debacle is knowing how many people there are who actually believe governments can solve a biological problem like this. Individuals doing their part to ensure the safety of those close to them and themselves, sure. Any sort of govt regulation… no, it’ll never work when there is already rampant infection. 

In other words, open the country, lose all restrictions. People are better off for it and the joblessness, depression, alcoholism etc can begin moving to the upside. 

Tell us about the Wuhan lockdown.

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Phuket health authorities are reporting 240 new local cases , three cases from the Sandbox and four deaths. There are now 2,332 patients in care . The #PhuketSandbox has had 88 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1434307748657729537

4 deaths in one day for Phuket. That could be ominous.

• Thanks 1

Ramathibodi Hospital to check quality of Lepu Medical’s test kits

BANGKOK (NNT) - The 8.5 million COVID-19 antigen test kits from Lepu Medical are expected to arrive in Thailand early next week. The Government Pharmaceutical Organization has announced they will be working with Ramathibodi Hospital to conduct quality tests on these kits, addressing any doubts concerning quality.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210905095516474

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sungod said:

no, benefits outweigh the risk.

Absolutely. As BB posted I would expect an announcement shortly on schools reopening.
Children’s education must now take priority in line with the announced reopening of the Provinces next month. They need to get back to real face to face education. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Absolutely. As BB posted I would expect an announcement shortly on schools reopening.
Children’s education must now take priority in line with the announced reopening of the Provinces next month. They need to get back to real face to face education. 

Announcements already been made, they can open, its now up to the Provincial Education Authorities to make their own decisions and measures together with the Provincial Health Authorities, its a pass the buck exercise by the government. 

• Like 1

Public Health officials in Nan province on Saturday administered the Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine to 550 ethnic groups living in the area in a bid to create herd immunity

Deputy director of Nan Hospital Dr Pongthep Wongwatcharapaiboon said that the Chulabhorn Royal Academy had delivered 10,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines to inoculate the elderly, disabled and ethnic groups.

He said the ethnic groups included Tong Luang (Mlabri), Hmong, Mien, Tin, Lua and Muser.

"There were no side-effects after the vaccination," he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005728

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Even if the bars were open in Pattaya, business would be slow.

The real problem is spelled C-O-E.

The C.O.E. is a huge barrier and needs to go, I had to enter via one, then A.S.Q. A few months ago, luckily the company I work for sorted most of it out. 

Before they do away with that the vaccinations levels need to be at a minimum of 70% surely?

11 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

The C.O.E. is a huge barrier and needs to go, I had to enter via one, then A.S.Q. A few months ago, luckily the company I work for sorted most of it out. 

Before they do away with that the vaccinations levels need to be at a minimum of 70% surely?

Agree, surely farangs who has vaccinated not make Thailand situation any worse! If they scared new variants, has get delta etc. anyway and who bring that in LOS , not tourist or expats goming home! Insurance should be enough to enter kingdom and money in pocket.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Black said:

My kids are out playing with other kids anyway, its not like we are locking them in. If they dont mix in schools they will mix in other places as things start to reopen.

Exactly. If the parents want to keep their little soldiers wrapped up in cotton wool then fine, otherwise let those who care about their education have the opportunity to get them back to school and get things back to normal. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

They reported a whopping 925,627 doses administered in the most recent reporting period. And second doses are exceeding first doses for the first time. Simply amazing. When anutin said they'd do 1 mm per day I scoffed, saying they'd be lucky to get to 500,000.

Close to 20% of the 50 mm people with 100 mm doses by 1/1/22 target.

The Thai authorities are good at reporting high vaccination rates but not so good at reporting infection rates. Wonder why that is. 

• Like 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 84: 275,188 <— Sunday

DAY 85: 817,342

DAY 86: 828,182

DAY 87: 827,462

DAY 88: 865,074

DAY 89: 925,627 <— New High

DAY 90: 369,512 <— Saturday

TOTAL: 35,587,676 doses since 28 February

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1434394608125968388

• Thanks 2