Q&A about Vaccine Passport or International Vaccine Certificate

Jonathan Fairfield

240206226_4581303508559694_7647653149370222101_n.png

240041551_4581303478559697_5377219702350802342_n.png

If the destination country requires a Vaccine Passport, you can read the registration details at https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4574652229224822.

The characteristics and composition of the Vaccine Passport are described at https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4196338820389500.

If you have been vaccinated and need a Digital Vaccine Certificate, you can read the information here: https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4556816511008394.

99+% of the vaccine protocols administered to date here are pretty much worthless re: vaccine passport.

Not worth the paper its printed on comes to mind.

Thai Doctor given 4th dose with Pfizer vaccine to enter Canada without being quarantined

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-doctor-given-4th-dose-with-pfizer-vaccine-to-enter-canada-without-being-quarantined/

And that's why some of the U.S.-donated Pfizer went to Thais needing to travel abroad for studies, athletics and VVIPs.

23 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Just look at the U.S. and U.K.

Canada as well to go to a Junior A hockey game you have to have proof.

Incorrect.

The current situation in the UK is that returning nationals or residents do not  need to have been vaccinated and no proof of vaccination is required.  Anyone who is not a national or resident , is , at the moment not allowed entry to the UK.

As for nationals and residents that do enter from a red list country :

Only British nationals and residents arriving from red list countries will be allowed into England, vaccinated or not, and everyone must quarantine for 10 days in a government-appointed hotel. A negative Covid-19 test is also necessary before departure.

Vaccinated or not you will have to do quarantine.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexledsom/2021/09/01/september-eu-travel-restrictions-covid-19-vaccination-test-and-quarantine-rules-by-country/?sh=1478353d1398

All you need is proof that you have had a covid test and been found negative. Without this you won't even get on the plane .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Denim said:

Incorrect.

The current situation in the UK is that returning nationals or residents do not  need to have been vaccinated and no proof of vaccination is required.  Anyone who is not a national or resident , is , at the moment not allowed entry to the UK.

As for nationals and residents that do enter from a red list country :

Only British nationals and residents arriving from red list countries will be allowed into England, vaccinated or not, and everyone must quarantine for 10 days in a government-appointed hotel. A negative Covid-19 test is also necessary before departure.

Vaccinated or not you will have to do quarantine.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexledsom/2021/09/01/september-eu-travel-restrictions-covid-19-vaccination-test-and-quarantine-rules-by-country/?sh=1478353d1398

All you need is proof that you have had a covid test and been found negative. Without this you won't even get on the plane .

That is not what I meant.  If you follow along there are restrictions for people living in the countries when they go to certain sports or large events that they show proof of vaccination.

What I was getting at was that people will need the vaccination certificate domestically even if they do not travel outside the country.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

99+% of the vaccine protocols administered to date here are pretty much worthless re: vaccine passport.

Not worth the paper its printed on comes to mind.

Thai Doctor given 4th dose with Pfizer vaccine to enter Canada without being quarantined

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-doctor-given-4th-dose-with-pfizer-vaccine-to-enter-canada-without-being-quarantined/

And that's why some of the U.S.-donated Pfizer went to Thais needing to travel abroad for studies, athletics and VVIPs.

Not only VVIPs . Pattaya has been vaccinating all foreigners above 40 with Pfizer. Not to mention the 1.000.000 doses in July and the 300.000 more doses next week of AZ donated by Japan......As far as quarantine is concerned some of Eu countries don't apply quarantine for fully vaccinated people....... 

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that even fully  vaccinated people will only be allowed entry to the UK if their vaccine has been approved in the UK - if that is true then people with the sinovac/astrazeneca combination won't qualify for entry even with a vaccine passport

• Like 1

here in Khon Kaen we go everywhere and so far done everything we wanted without A Vaccine certificate.  Morning Market is open and full of people, a few days ago we went to the night market. If it was not for the facemasks you would not know there was covid. We just came back from the Amphur office where we took care of some business, and then went to macro.  Bought a new car a couple of weeks ago. 

The point is that  so far there has been nothing in our area that we needed a vaccine passport for. As covid cases decline in other areas I am sure the same will be the case there.

So relax, this is a temporary requirement that by the time it is set up , it might be irrelevant and only nessacery for travel. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 12:00 PM, kingstonkid said:

Guaranteed for the first while gong to certain locations or such you are going to have to show that you have been vaccinated.  Just look at the U.S. and U.K.

Canada as well to go to a Junior A hockey game you have to have proof.

Canada does not accept Thai AstraZ, any brand of Chinese manufactured vaccine.

4 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Canada does not accept Thai AstraZ, any brand of Chinese manufactured vaccine.

I am very confused.  My post had nothing to do with international needs or drugs.  What I was saying was that people were going to need the vacination papers or permit for things INSIDE THEIR COUNTRIES

an example I gave was that

PEOPLE ATTENDING A CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY GAME HAVE TO SHOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN FULLY VACINATED.

I really could not give a fig.

As we have seen one of the things they are proposing in THAILAND is thaat Thais or expats living in the country must show that they have been vacinated.  It would not surprise me to see that as a possibility also at cinemas or anywhere people gather in close proximity to each other.

16 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I am very confused.  My post had nothing to do with international needs or drugs.  What I was saying was that people were going to need the vacination papers or permit for things INSIDE THEIR COUNTRIES

an example I gave was that

PEOPLE ATTENDING A CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY GAME HAVE TO SHOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN FULLY VACINATED.

I really could not give a fig.

As we have seen one of the things they are proposing in THAILAND is thaat Thais or expats living in the country must show that they have been vacinated.  It would not surprise me to see that as a possibility also at cinemas or anywhere people gather in close proximity to each other.

Depending on each different country in EU they apply their own different rules concerning ' green pass ' ' Vaccination pass ', for entry in cinema, theater, concerts, restaurants, etc....

240206226_4581303508559694_7647653149370222101_n.png

240041551_4581303478559697_5377219702350802342_n.png

If the destination country requires a Vaccine Passport, you can read the registration details at https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4574652229224822.

The characteristics and composition of the Vaccine Passport are described at https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4196338820389500.

If you have been vaccinated and need a Digital Vaccine Certificate, you can read the information here: https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4556816511008394.

As noted, the Vaccine Passport is only useful if the destination country has joined the Vaccine Passport Agreement. As I don't use Facebook, I don't know any further information given in the links.

But in the case of the two countries I wish to visit in the immediate future:
1) Hong Kong  does not recognise any Thai administered vaccine, (and you can only enter if you are a HKID holder, which I am). So currently I am barred.
2) UK does not recognise any Thai administered vaccine, and even prior to Thailand going on the red list, you would have to self-quarantine for 10 days. Now, because it's on the red list, you have to quarantine for 10 days at a registered facility. My partner, who is not a British National, is currently barred from entry to UK.

So in my limited examples, the Vaccine Passport is currently about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

UPDATE:
As of today the HKSAR Government has said that effective 8 September it will now recognise vaccines administered in Thailand. (Plus those from: India, Malaysia, Pakistan and South Korea). Unclear about what the "proof of vaccination" is, but a Vaccine Passport is not mentioned. It states HKSAR Government will "recognise vaccination records issued by their authorities". 
Edited by samtam

For those of us that have been vaccinated in the US and not in the Thai system here's a Yahoo article showing what apps we can use to show we've been vaccinated.  Good for air travel and use within the US, I doubt local Thai businesses will fully understand it, but it's better than nothing and worth a try.

https://www.yahoo.com/money/proof-of-your-covid-vaccine-140136868.html

42 minutes ago, samtam said:

As noted, the Vaccine Passport is only useful if the destination country has joined the Vaccine Passport Agreement. As I don't use Facebook, I don't know any further information given in the links.

But in the case of the two countries I wish to visit in the immediate future:
1) Hong Kong  does not recognise any Thai administered vaccine, (and you can only enter if you are a HKID holder, which I am). So currently I am barred.
2) UK does not recognise any Thai administered vaccine, and even prior to Thailand going on the red list, you would have to self-quarantine for 10 days. Now, because it's on the red list, you have to quarantine for 10 days at a registered facility. My partner, who is not a British National, is currently barred from entry to UK.

So in my limited examples, the Vaccine Passport is currently about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

UPDATE:
As of today the HKSAR Government has said that effective 8 September it will now recognise vaccines administered in Thailand. (Plus those from: India, Malaysia, Pakistan and South Korea). Unclear about what the "proof of vaccination" is, but a Vaccine Passport is not mentioned. It states HKSAR Government will "recognise vaccination records issued by their authorities". 

Not wanting to stir more than necessary, if UK was still member of EU the vaccines would have been recognized... Pfizer, AZ, etc... 

• Like 1

If the (white?) Thailand Covid Vaccine Passport and the yellow International Vaccine Certificate are 'the same in Thailand', why can't they give one just the latter one? Why not provide people with a standardised document rather than something 'the Thai way'?

What could possibly go wrong abroad when presenting this specific and unique document at the border? Is it all to be able to charge those 50 baht?