vaccine information for thai nationality enquiry

siptsipt

Hi , would anyone know where in chiang mai provence a 34 yr thai person with no underlying medical conditions or pregancy can currently receive a covid vaccine of any type. The complicating factor is that her legal address is in chiang khong (chiang rai provence). Thanks for any help. 

Chiang Rai is just getting started with the over 60s and high risk people. They are steadily working though. The Sinovac then Astra Zenica combination is on offer. Not qualified for international travel but it will keep you put of the hospital.

Chiang Mai has some Pfizer for foreigners, not sure about the restrictions. It is not commercially available yet so availability and choices are limited.

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

My wife got vac at Promenada yesterday

No Mor Prom

How old is your wife? Promenada only vaccinate 55 years old and above if I recall correctly.

The person asking the question's friend is 34 years old.

14 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

The Sinovac then Astra Zenica combination is on offer. Not qualified for international travel but it will keep you put of the hospital.

Not true. These vaccines are qualified for international travel in southeast Asia and certain European countries and the other SEA countries are also using these vaccines.

Anyway, off topic.

Edited by EricTh

On 9/6/2021 at 6:38 AM, EricTh said:

As long as both types of vaccines are recognized in that country as approved vaccines, it shouldn't be a problem. 

What do you base that on?  Mixing vaccines has always been mooted as a potential problem when ever I've seen it discussed.  Here's some discussion on it from a Canadian viewpoint that doesn't seem too impressed.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8086370/mixed-vaccines-travel-policy/#

6 hours ago, treetops said:

What do you base that on?  Mixing vaccines has always been mooted as a potential problem when ever I've seen it discussed.  Here's some discussion on it from a Canadian viewpoint that doesn't seem too impressed.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8086370/mixed-vaccines-travel-policy/#

Different people will have different opinion so linking one article doesn't carry any weight. It's the government in power that controls what they seem as fully vaccinated.

I am against mixed vaccines but that's the national policy of some governments now.

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

Different people will have different opinion so linking one article doesn't carry any weight. It's the government in power that controls what they seem as fully vaccinated.

I am against mixed vaccines but that's the national policy of some governments now.

The article was just an example, of which there are likely many on both sides, posted in case readers were unaware of such views.  It covered entry to multiple destinations.

Some government's policy may be to pursue mixed vaccines from a clinical point of view, but not yet for travel for most as of yet.

18 hours ago, treetops said:

The article was just an example, of which there are likely many on both sides, posted in case readers were unaware of such views.  It covered entry to multiple destinations.

Some government's policy may be to pursue mixed vaccines from a clinical point of view, but not yet for travel for most as of yet.

I agree mixed vaccines is a grey area. Best to check with the country that you are travelling to.