We Must Get MOVING, Now, or… We might as well just hang it up. Too much fear around here, in this world. No More Fear!

GammaGlobulin

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You have a very odd sense of what's "normal."

U.S. covid death toll hits 1,500 a day amid delta scourge

‘A perfect storm of viral changes and behavioral changes’ is driving pandemic’s fourth wave

September 3, 2021 at 11:21 a.m. EDT

Nationally, covid-19 deaths have climbed steadily in recent weeks, hitting a seven-day average of about 1,500 a day Thursday, after falling to the low 200s in early July — the latest handiwork of a contagious variant that has exploited the return to everyday activities by tens of millions of Americans, many of them unvaccinated.

The daily count of new infections is rising in almost every part of the country, according to data tracked by The Washington Post. But only some places — mostly Southern states with lower vaccination rates — are seeing a parallel surge in deaths. The seven-day average of daily deaths is about a third of what it was in January, the pandemic’s most deadly month, but it is forecast to continue rising as high numbers of patients are hospitalized."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/03/delta-deaths-us-fourth-wave/

Of course, you are correct, and the previous poster was a bit mistaken.  Everybody knows that what you have said is correct.

However, I was hoping that this post might be about getting out and doing something we love to do, rather than discussing the disgusting virus.

The thing I love most about rowing is that I never need to look into the future.

Instead, I just sit down in my rowing position, tie my feet in, adjust the oarlock, and then look backwards.

All the time I am in the boat, I just look into the past, and focus on places on the river where we have been, rather than where we are going.

Most girls don't have the power nor the stamina to row like men.

This is why male rowers only tolerate female rowers, very good-naturedly.

I have never taken female rowers seriously, simply because their boats are slow. 

STILL:   I LOVE female crew.  Crew is for everyone, and is not an elitist sport.

Some of the best rowers have been bricklayers, as you know.  Think: Grace Kelly's father, John B. Kelly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Kelly_Sr.

Do what you want.

Don't let this virus get you down, man!

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

‘A perfect storm of viral changes and behavioral changes’ is driving pandemic’s fourth wave

Nationally, covid-19 deaths have climbed steadily in recent weeks, hitting a seven-day average of about 1,500 a day Thursday, after falling to the low 200s in early July — the latest handiwork of a contagious variant that has exploited the return to everyday activities by tens of millions of Americans, many of them unvaccinated.

The daily count of new infections is rising in almost every part of the country, according to data tracked by The Washington Post. But only some places — mostly Southern states with lower vaccination rates — are seeing a parallel surge in deaths. The seven-day average of daily deaths is about a third of what it was in January, the pandemic’s most deadly month, but it is forecast to continue rising as high numbers of patients are hospitalized."

Looking at the size  of Americans that I see  Im not  surprised, they are so overweight its  almost  unbelievable

• Like 2

It is not so easy to row 160 kilometers in under 12 hours.

Not because one might become fatigued!

No...

The reason that rowing is so hard is just due to being seated on a hardwood seat, with little padding, for 12 hours.

We Need to Get Moving, and Rowers are Tough enough to get moving.

Even the Girls, who are rowers, have what it takes to get moving.

All people, both male and female, who are rowers....  Never Give In.

We always tough it out.

We are not scared of things we can't see.

And, we take precautions against things like jock itch, whenever necessary.

We have experience in protecting ourselves from things like viruses.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Americans have become so absolutely blind and deluded by their plight that they think this [for 18 months going] is normal. 

15 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Americans have become so absolutely blind and deluded by their plight that they think this [for 18 months going] is normal. 

Perhaps, the plight is due to not taking full advantage of the tools which have already been available for several months, such as the vaccines.

Obviously, what you are saying is that it is a wise decision to get vaccinated.

And, those who refuse vaccinations which are readily available are not making the wise choice.

Some people are fearful of science.

But, then, you must also understand the fact that:  For people who are fearful of science, for whatever reason, there is no amount of logic which can cure their ills. We already know that this is true.  Logic does not change beliefs.  It never has, and it never will.

So, what does change belief?  Basically, the only thing that changes belief is experience.

Therefore, when unvaccinated people become deathly ill, lying on their cots in a hospital, near death's door, then they will often say...  "Oh, now I get it".   What a fool I was!

Groucho Marx (in an interview with William Buckley, July 1967) did say that most people in America, those without a sense of humor, were poorly informed.  And, this virus pandemic is proving him correct in his assessment.

One might think that Americans, who live in a country with a completely sufficient amount of vaccine to vaccinate the entire population, would all get vaccinated, immediately.  Yet, this does not happen.

Please do not ask me to explain human behavior, because....  The same thing could happen here.  I mean...

Have you ever read Sinclair Lewis? 

ItCantHappenHere.jpg.c550d613566b9128c55c8699dd82d736.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Of course, you are correct, and the previous poster was a bit mistaken.  Everybody knows that what you have said is correct.

However, I was hoping that this post might be about getting out and doing something we love to do, rather than discussing the disgusting virus.

Why the perception that you are so trapped and confined ?  The fear you speak of is generated by those who find it to their advantage that individuals subscribe to it and in so doing assist in it.

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Perhaps, the plight is due to not taking full advantage of the tools which have already been available for several months, such as the vaccines.

Obviously, what you are saying is that it is a wise decision to get vaccinated.

And, those who refuse vaccinations which are readily available are not making the wise choice.

Some people are fearful of science.

But, then, you must also understand the fact that:  For people who are fearful of science, for whatever reason, there is no amount of logic which can cure their ills. We already know that this is true.  Logic does not change beliefs.  It never has, and it never will.

So, what does change belief?  Basically, the only thing that changes belief is experience.

Therefore, when unvaccinated people become deathly ill, lying on their cots in a hospital, near death's door, then they will often say...  "Oh, now I get it".   What a fool I was!

Groucho Marx (in an interview with William Buckley, July 1967) did say that most people in America, those without a sense of humor, were poorly informed.  And, this virus pandemic is proving him correct in his assessment.

One might think that Americans, who live in a country with a completely sufficient amount of vaccine to vaccinate the entire population, would all get vaccinated, immediately.  Yet, this does not happen.

Please do not ask me to explain human behavior, because....  The same thing could happen here.  I mean...

Have you ever read Sinclair Lewis? 

ItCantHappenHere.jpg.c550d613566b9128c55c8699dd82d736.jpg

Lovely and slighted cultural-centric apologist stance. 

You're assuming the human behaviour is the same the world over?????

Oh dear. 

2 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Why the perception that you are so trapped and confined ?  The fear you speak of is generated by those who find it to their advantage that individuals subscribe to it and in so doing assist in it.

The classical answer is that we are afraid because we run.  We are happy because we smile.

You are correct, also, that we are fearful only unless we give in to fear.

Therefore, why do so?

We should not.

2 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Lovely and slighted cultural-centric apologist stance. 

You're assuming the human behaviour is the same the world over?????

Oh dear. 

Human behavior, actually, IS the same the world over.  Someday, you will realize this truism.

The greatest disparities are WITHIN cultures, and not BETWEEN cultures.  Everybody knows this.

Then why don't you just get out and do it?

I still train 5 days a week in my chosen way of keeping fit. Apart from a few times when gyms have closed, (when I have still done some exercise at home).

Not rowing like sculling, but even I could rent a kayak and get out there if I so desired. What's stopping  you getting out and even doing something else if you can't manage to row?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Have to learn to live with it. That is the new normal.

College football Florida yesterday. 4000 cases a day 66000 at the footy bring it on! End the lockdowns.....or let those that love lockdowns just remain in their homes forever some of us want to get back to living.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, starky said:

Have to learn to live with it. That is the new normal.

College football Florida yesterday. 4000 cases a day 66000 at the footy bring it on! End the lockdowns.....or let those that love lockdowns just remain in their homes forever some of us want to get back to living.

Wow!

This seems like a huge recipe for disaster.

I am not saying that I am smarter than most Americans.

Still, this type of get-together cannot bode well for the nurses and doctors who must risk their lives caring for these fools, when they fall ill.

Thank you for posting this very interesting video.

Seems rather incredible.

(Are those actually FANS?  Or, are they red ants?  Whatever they are, they are packed together like insects.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin