Largest study of its kind finds face masks reduce COVID-19

gargamon

7 hours ago, Grusa said:

Medical staff wear surgical masks to protect the patient from the wearer, not the other way round.

The victim on the table with his insides hanging out is unlikely to spread airborne vectors. The gang of robed medical staff breathing all over him, is.

Also worn to stop sprays of blood from from the patient.

4 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Nearly Everybody in Thailand is wearing these imho useless masks so why then daily they have 15-20k infected?

Ummm...because they are not wearing them properly, not wearing quality ones, not wearing them at parties, not wearing them at home, etc, etc, etc.

Plus, the article didn't say they completely eliminated transmission, just reduced it.

Maybe read the article first.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:21 AM, Jeffr2 said:

The anti mask crowd won't like this. LOL

I used 750+ surgical masks here in DK, while we had to, but have been sceptic the whole time , because cloth masks has been used and people didn't handle masks correctly, and people reused clothmasks/surgical masks the whole time.

Cloth masks sucks compared to surgical masks which the study also point out, so why are those not banned worldwide. ( I know some brands meet the requirements, but most do not)

Not handling your masks correctly are also bad, which also shows in the study.

So if governments want the most benefits from the masks, they better ban cloth masks and pray that people can wear their surgical masks correct and discard it after each use.

Masks prevent some spreading, but not as much as governments would like to, or how much they initially said they would.

We don't have to wear them any more in Denmark, and there has been no significant spikes after that, since 72% of all danes are fully vaccinated.

We stopped using masks in public transport Aug 14 2021 and stopped using them elsewhere June 14, 2021, and we never had to use them outside during the whole pandemic.

I will start wearing them again if needed, but i'm glad it's over for now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grusa said:

Medical staff wear surgical masks to protect the patient from the wearer, not the other way round.

The victim on the table with his insides hanging out is unlikely to spread airborne vectors. The gang of robed medical staff breathing all over him, is.

Your first line is my point as I clearly point out with sneezing. Operating theatres in modern hospitals have special air flow and conditioning units to help extract microorganisms. So your post seems a bit redundant.

4 hours ago, Virt said:

I used 750+ surgical masks here in DK, while we had to, but have been sceptic the whole time , because cloth masks has been used and people didn't handle masks correctly, and people reused clothmasks/surgical masks the whole time.

Cloth masks sucks compared to surgical masks which the study also point out, so why are those not banned worldwide. ( I know some brands meet the requirements, but most do not)

Not handling your masks correctly are also bad, which also shows in the study.

So if governments want the most benefits from the masks, they better ban cloth masks and pray that people can wear their surgical masks correct and discard it after each use.

Masks prevent some spreading, but not as much as governments would like to, or how much they initially said they would.

We don't have to wear them any more in Denmark, and there has been no significant spikes after that, since 72% of all danes are fully vaccinated.

We stopped using masks in public transport Aug 14 2021 and stopped using them elsewhere June 14, 2021, and we never had to use them outside during the whole pandemic.

I will start wearing them again if needed, but i'm glad it's over for now.

More of the population in Israel were vaccinated than that and look what happened. Many countries rolled back restrictions just to see cases rise again. I hate wearing masks also. Best of luck to you. We'll see if this works out or not.

I've been in several countries lately with similar vaccination rates. No removal of mask mandates. Quite the opposite.

Seems some countries don't think DK is doing well.

Travelers from Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Lithuania and San Marino will face increased restrictions when coming to the Czech Republic as of next week. These countries will move from medium-risk orange to high-risk red on the latest Czech Covid-19 travel map, which goes into effect from Monday.

https://www.expats.cz/czech-news/article/denmark-sweden-and-belgium-go-red-in-latest-czech-covid-19-travel-map

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

More of the population in Israel were vaccinated than that and look what happened. Many countries rolled back restrictions just to see cases rise again. I hate wearing masks also. Best of luck to you. We'll see if this works out or not.

I've been in several countries lately with similar vaccination rates. No removal of mask mandates. Quite the opposite.

Seems some countries don't think DK is doing well.

Travelers from Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Lithuania and San Marino will face increased restrictions when coming to the Czech Republic as of next week. These countries will move from medium-risk orange to high-risk red on the latest Czech Covid-19 travel map, which goes into effect from Monday.

https://www.expats.cz/czech-news/article/denmark-sweden-and-belgium-go-red-in-latest-czech-covid-19-travel-map

Israels vaccinations program hit a wall at a time, and Israels started to fall down on the list of most % vaccinated.

Last i checked they were ranked 20th.

That combined with the vaccines effect now starting to fade could explain why they seen a recent rise, so they started doing boosters which i will expect many countries will start doing soon.

It's interesting that Czech republic as of next week are putting Denmark in the red group.

We're having some of the lowest numbers of positives in 3 months.

When i try to find some data from Denmark compared to Czech republic, Denmark right now has a higher number pr day with a smaller population, but we're also testing a lot more pr million, so it's difficult to compare, if we are doing better or worse.

For now i'm just happy we're back to normal and then it does not bother me Czech Republic put me on the red list.

I don't have any vacations planned and hope Thailand will be next stop ????

Even though i love Prague and been there several times ????

Will Denmark return to restrictions and masks?

Yeah for sure if we see the numbers going bananas again, but for now it looks promising, and only time will tell.

Pandemic is not over, even if it feels like it in some countries, but i'm just happy to live like normal again for the time being.

Hopefully it last.

13 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ummm...because they are not wearing them properly, not wearing quality ones, not wearing them at parties, not wearing them at home, etc, etc, etc.

Plus, the article didn't say they completely eliminated transmission, just reduced it.

Maybe read the article first.

I am fine and you can continue wearing ur useless mask.even at ur home. ????

16 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Your first line is my point as I clearly point out with sneezing. Operating theatres in modern hospitals have special air flow and conditioning units to help extract microorganisms. So your post seems a bit redundant.

Not everyone goes to Bumrungrad. Have you seen the operating theatre in a public hospital in Laos? I have, the windows were open on to the street!

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I am fine and you can continue wearing ur useless mask.even at ur home. ????

I'm fully vaccinated. As is my wife. No need to wear it at home. This recommendation was for those not vaccinated.

But thanks for your warm thoughts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

A doctor from Oregon who said mask-wearing can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning got his medical license revoked

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-doctor-from-oregon-who-said-mask-wearing-can-lead-to-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-got-his-medical-license-revoked/ar-AAOAsgM?li=BBnb7Kz

It's common knowledge that every time you drink a carbonated beverage you are risking death. But if you must, keep a tank of oxygen handy.

• Haha 1