Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

1 minute ago, Bundooman said:

Well, it works two ways.

On entry to the restaurant, when the restaurant demands to see your vaccine credentials, demand to see theirs at the same time; The owner's, waitresses, cleaners and the chef's vaccine documentation.

Then is the time to produce yours!

They will just tell you to get lost if you become a nuisance, persist and they will force you.

• Thanks 1

So if I understood well a family with 2 kids want to go to a restaurant... Father has got 2 jabs, mother 1 and the kids nothing. They can enter the restaurant after filling in  a paper, and mother and kids have to do rapid test to show that they are Covid free. Father has to show his vaccination paper or app and with the costs of about 1000THB for the tests and the personal information they atre allowed to go in and eat... My appetite is over already..because it will the raise the bill with 1000THB for nothing and I even can't drink a glass of wine or beer with my food.. Better can go before 1 October than there is nothing required

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James105 said:

What's the betting they still don't allow alcohol with a meal even after the all the hoops the restaurant/customer has to jump through after this.

A good point, with all this testing and vaccination requirements for staff and customers there's no reason why all the bars, pubs and maybe even nightclubs shouldn't open up again.

I won't be holding my breath on that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes its too early but the government is between a rock and a hard place. They are hugely unpopular and businesses and people are suffering. So they need to open up. But like you said there are far too many cases to do so. So they do something that is impractical to act as if they are doing something. Just window dressing.

The often used 'discourage and deter' method whereby something is allowed but only after jumping through many hoops.

42 minutes ago, thetravelbee said:

What proof of vaccination can be used for those vaccinated abroad? I have a vaccination certificate from france as well as the EU vacation certificate. Are those of any ise in Th?

I imagine one would be issued on entry to the country.

I wonder what happens when the shots expire, already happening in some places. It's not a do it once and forget about it issue.

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

(...)

I wonder what happens when the shots expire, already happening in some places. It's not a do it once and forget about it issue.

Already happening in Israel. The vaccinated people got a 'green passport' (whatever that is) to enter restaurants, etc., but have been told that it will expire 6 months after their second jab...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Well I will be okay after i have my second vaccine

But my wife is still waiting to get her first 

So we won't be visiting any of the restaurants asking for certificates or what ever

Funny the best restaurant in the small town where I live is run by a small Thai guy. So if 4 big guys come to his shop an sit down, [He's should tell them let me see your certificates or leave] Yea Right!!!

can I get some idea why expats retire to Thailand, even remaining during covid, in dirty congested dangerous cities, still tourist areas,  when idyllic rural / island life with great weather, housing & full services available ?

I loved bangkok / pattaya pre- covid but only for 3-6 days for Sukh. Road Nightlife, Walking Street & Old Culture.

but seriously, apart from those temporary attractions, just specifically WHY ?

no “rip off” bs either please……or “I didnt like Phuket (prefer Pattaya)”irrational  nonsense.