Special Tourist Visa (STV)

Is the STV still available? I read in one place it's going to be discontinued at the end of the month but I'm not sure. I think it lets you stay longer than a normal tourist visa and METV are not available right now. Tried called 2 embassies in USA last week and none of them are answer their phones even.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The order for the STV's end on the 30th of this month.

I am sure sure the order will not be extended.

Yeah I think it was a temporary measure back when tourists visas were not being issued. I won't bother with it since it's probably a hassle anyways.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

I continue to have zero confidence. ????

Im trying to be positive, mainly due the test they saw when the baht started sliding and now it seems so much over the news are they willing to Lose Face

So hoping they follow thru, even for all the wrong reasons and to protect the teflon baht as its started to stabilize due to this and of course the whole Face nonsense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, at15 said:

Any announcement coming from immigration about all the STV holders here now? Or are we all lumped into the same category as normal tourists who have to do 60 day covid extensions? 

More accurately, although you are not eligible for most of the methods those on normal tourist entries have available to stay longer, you are eligible for the Covid extensions, for as long as those are still offered.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The order for the STV's end on the 30th of this month.

I am sure sure the order will not be extended.

You had to be in thailand before the 3rd of July. I got here on the 1st then just did my renewal. If you arrived before the 3rd you can just renew before the cut off date  30th Sept 

10 minutes ago, Dazauz said:

You had to be in thailand before the 3rd of July. I got here on the 1st then just did my renewal. If you arrived before the 3rd you can just renew before the cut off date  30th Sept 

You would apply for a 90 day extension of the 90 day permit to stay (it is not a visa) the STV allowed. A visa cannot be renewed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

can i ask if i come for 6 months could i get a two month visa to enter.  then the 30 day extension and im 60 years old so couldnt i get 90 days more with the non immigrant 0 visa??

I you apply for a tourist visa it will allow a 60 day permit to stay that can be extended for 30 days.

You could apply for a non-o visa that allows a 90 permit to stay but the only extension you can apply for is for one year based upon retirement. For the extension you would need 800k baht in a Thai for 2 months or proof 65k baht monthly income.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I you apply for a tourist visa it will allow a 60 day permit to stay that can be extended for 30 days.

You could apply for a non-o visa that allows a 90 permit to stay but the only extension you can apply for is for one year based upon retirement. For the extension you would need 800k baht in a Thai for 2 months or proof 65k baht monthly income.

if im looking for 6 month stay,  and u say the non o visa allows a 90 permit to stay ,  does that mean i have to get the whole year long thing?  the 800k and the monthlyincome?   im comparing the non o and the a o

2 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

if im looking for 6 month stay,  and u say the non o visa allows a 90 permit to stay ,  does that mean i have to get the whole year long thing?  the 800k and the monthlyincome?   im comparing the non o and the a o

The only way to extend a 90 day entry from a non-o is for one year. 

At this time there are 60 day covid 19 extension possible but how long they will available is unknown.

You could enter on tourist visa get the 30 day extension and then the 60 day if available.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 5:36 AM, NorthernRyland said:

Yeah I think it was a temporary measure back when tourists visas were not being issued. I won't bother with it since it's probably a hassle anyways.

Multi Entry Tourist Visas are not being issued at the moment in the UK, I don't know if any other countries are issuing them now. I doubt border runs are possible at the moment anyway. Hopefully with winter approaching they extend the order for the STV for another 9 months or 1 year. 

I had the STV visa from the end of last year and it was a great solution. It was nightmare getting it but well worth it. I would take it again if it was still available. Don't get it why they don't just keep it since it would be a good way to attract long term stays now that there are no real tourists coming in. 

• Like 1