Ex-police chief ‘Joe Ferrari’ has 600 MILLION baht in assets

webfact

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Urban myth in Thailand, there are no "luxury wings" in Thai prisons.

OK, maybe not luxury but there are private cells, mobile phones, drugs/alcohol, half decent food, conjugal visits available if you have cash to pay guards. 

Certainly luxury compared to being in the sardine section eating fish head soup every day.

Obviously, you've never been in a Thai prison.   There are no private cells, mobile phones are not permitted neither are drugs or alcohol in any Thai prisons.  Food can be bought from the prison shops or ordered the night before by inmates or purchased by visitors at the visitor's shop and sent in.    Those outside can arrange for food to be sent in to inmates, that is a facility that is available to everyone.   Ask me how I know.

Conjugal visits are not available, not even for cash, the one you linked to was a one-off, it did not happen in the prison and the Governor was fired as a result.

The mythical fish head soup being served every day is just that, a myth, standard prison food may not be particularly appetising to some (to some it's better than they get outside) but it's better than that soup that is only served in the minds of some Thaivisa posters.  Ask me how I know.

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Urban myth in Thailand, there are no "luxury wings" in Thai prisons.

Next you will be arguing that nobody receives preferential treatment or there's no corruption here and expect us all to believe it. 

Well, I've been there and the only preferential treatment that I saw was the over 60's being allowed to use a toilet with half a door on it for a bit of privacy.    If you have had a different experience personally, detail it, I'd love to hear it.     If you have empirical evidence of preferential treatment in prison that would be interesting to read also and I don't mean hearsay.   

I have never said that there is no corruption here.

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Is this after a trial?

You going to send a bill for the cost of the bullets to the families like they in China?

They could go to N Korea for attitude adjustment or the front of the missile launcher.

waste of resources to send them there.

Edited by Excel

58 minutes ago, beckenhamsteve said:

Oh I think they did. 

I seem to remember a few years ago the government wanted to be able to censor Google and Facebook but both organisations refused to let them.

One day, maybe in the long distant future, I believe it will be social media that will be the catalyst for bringing about change in this country.

So funny, that you would use social media as an analogy for freedom of speech. That is, quite frankly, HILARIOUS!!!!

He will be transferred to an inactive post and then promoted. 

remember a few years back where the housekeeper of a transportation minister had her husband come and try to still money from the ministers house. They got causing because there was too much money to take away in the truck. That guy made a similar salary and it was all swept under the rug. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Obviously, you've never been in a Thai prison.   

Have you, LOU? And if you have, so what?

Yes.   

Perhaps it means that I know a bit about the workings of Thai prisons and the (non-existent) luxury suites and (non-existent) fish head soup! 

7 hours ago, koele2 said:

Right now as we speak, the big wigs are thinking about how they will skim off some of that 600 million  while acting like they are seeking justice for the public.  Those guys are always and only about the money.  

Like the bunch of money-mongering vultures that they are…

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

It's OK, he just likes the sound of his own voice.......................go on, ask him how he knows...................he is dying to tell you.

I know…never mind me…

I really would do better to not go on TVF after drinking. ????

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes.   

Perhaps it means that I know a bit about the workings of Thai prisons and the (non-existent) luxury suites and (non-existent) fish head soup! 

I had you pegged as someone who was sheltered and grew up with a silver spoon  hung around his neck. 

Now, I’m so disappointed…

9 hours ago, koele2 said:

Right now as we speak, the big wigs are thinking about how they will skim off some of that 600 million  while acting like they are seeking justice for the public.  Those guys are always and only about the money.  

They were so busy collecting and spending money that they completely overlooked this guy.  Time for an oversight committee with trips and luncheons to figure out how he was so successful. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

He will walk for sure. Only  poor  people go to jail in Thailand. He is  rich enough to buy his way out.

Not so much the cash at hand, but more about who he is.

Part of the fraternity - 

• Like 1