Ex-police chief ‘Joe Ferrari’ has 600 MILLION baht in assets

webfact

Because of the uproar, this will all be turned into another "seen to be doing" and at the end of the day the guy will walk and it will never be heard about aganl, business as usual because its rotten to the very core.

Its always the same, big publicity, then nothing ! Its all hushed up and case closed, move on back to where they were with noses in a fresh trough.

• Like 2

I believe the penalties will be very severe for this incredibly clever gentleman, either a transfer to an inactive post in Nakon Nowhere or, worst still hidden away in Dubai or some equally impoverished nation and only allowed to take the small amount of money he hid away in his wife's name, probably as low as a measly subsistence amount of 800M or so. 
Of course we all feel very sorry for this pillar of the community now at the mercy of the notoriously strict Thai legal system.

Edited by JohnHans
changed a couple of words

On 9/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, JonnyF said:

Surely there has to be some misunderstanding. I mean, how could a Thai person with such a lovely, polite Wai do such a thing? ????

Here's my prediction. Seeing as this has hit social media there will be lots of talk of police reform. Joe Ferrari will have to do a (very short) stretch in a very luxurious wing of the prison. Meanwhile, judges, prosecutors, lawyers, prison directors etc. all end up with extraordinarily wealthy gardeners and Joe Ferrari comes out of prison a lot poorer than he went in, but still a very wealthy man (more of a Joe BMW).

A quite realistic scenario. A big chunk of those 600 millions is going to change pockets.

5 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Not so much the cash at hand, but more about who he is.

Part of the fraternity - 

I think it’s more a case of who he can rat out. There are two options: either his ‘superiors’ keep him out of jail, or he’s either  going to disappear or have a fatal accident. My money is on the former.

About 15 years ago, a son of the then Bangkok police chief put a gun to someone’s head in a night club and more or less executed that person. There were dozens of witnesses, yet the guy never spent a day in jail. In fact, he became a firearm instructor for the RTP.

Just saying……

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

I think it’s more a case of who he can rat out. There are two options: either his ‘superiors’ keep him out of jail, or he’s either  going to disappear or have a fatal accident. My money is on the former.

My bet, cardiac episode from a previously undiagnosed condition, while driving his mini cooper to report as per his bail conditions

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The PM? What country do you think this is? The PM was installed to protect the police, not prosecute them. He has never made any effort to pursue an agenda to get rid of corruption here. He talked about doing so. That was a snow job, to fool the most naive. But, that is who he is, and how he rolls. All talk, no action Cha Cha. 

It's Thailand! And I said Perhaps which was my attempt to be sarcastic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I take it you're trying to be sarcastic.  If you have never been in a Thai prison then my knowledge is greater than yours.

Actually I was just having a laugh. 

Obviously your knowledge is greater than mine......apologies sir.

1 hour ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

If he really has paid 5 million to the parents of the man he killed, isn't that almost as good as admitting guilt?

No. That is because he feels compassion for the family, and is attempting to assist them as they grieve, and have lost an income earning family member. 

All part of his kindness and humanity.

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, Will B Good said:

He has to be a total psychopath .

All that wealth and

a. He is still working

b. Still greedy and wanting more

c. He is has given it all away, potentially, due to the pointless death of a minor drug dealer.

Who said this is a pointless death of a minor drug dealer?