People are not being responsible enough after lifting of lockdown measures, official says

webfact

4 hours ago, smedly said:

classic infantile blame shifting going on 

Government - it is not our fault so stop blaming us 

shameful

Did you click and read the article, or just the title here?

Last paragraph:

The professor added that confusing government policy has also compounded the situation as the CCSA and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration did not stick with public health guidelines forwarded by their team of advisors.

Seems that he divided the blame evenly to me... =\

Edited by moon47
  • Thanks 2

Three things will save Thai economy & Thai social cohesion: vaccinate the elderly, vaccinate the middle aged and vaccinate the teenagers . And do it quick then tourists will flock back with cash to spend. 

Edited by peter48
  • Like 2

Well it is expected, when you go into a certain food store, that used to have 2 tills serving people, and weighing the food, on the meat counter, and they only use 1 now, and a lot of people gathering waiting, for the meat to be weighted, all close together, breathing on each other.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Once most of the population is vaccinated, then there will be huge daily infection spikes, probably much bigger than those already recorded.

The time has come to learn to live with Covid, not hide away from it.

Once the vaccinations have taken figures past 80% of the population I would agree.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, khunpa said:

Well I guess people including myself are just fed up with restrictions.

The only ones to blame is the government itself, who completely messed up getting enough vaccines.

Once people are double vaccinated, for sure there will be a huge infection spike. And so what. We can’t live like this forever.

I don’t know about you, but I am going to start living life once I am double vaccinated. Getting first vaccine tomorrow ???? Hopefully, unless they run out and turn me away.

You do realize, I hope, that once you're fully vaccinated....

A. that does NOT mean you can't still contract the virus, and if you do, and then turn around and infect others around you.

B. that being fully vaccinated also isn't an absolute guarantee against you becoming ill from the virus. The odds are much lower once you're fully vaccinated, but there still are so-called breakthrough infections.

I fail to see what's so difficult and burdensome about recognizing the world is in the midst of a global pandemic, and the best way to protect yourself and those around you is to behave with some level of self-discipline and sense of social responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaitom said:

Well, it seems to have worked out for China with the worlds largest population.

We do not know that.

The CCP NEVER publishes true facts. They just tell you what they want you to know.

I believe that this government has been lying about the numbers of infections until the vote of confidence was over. They will now show climbing infections, blame the people and lock down again.

Typical CCP tactics being used by the Thai government.

• Like 2

Sick and tired of the subject.

The government is responsible for:
- education of the public and that, Ladies and Gentlemen, starts in Kindergarten, carries on through school, military service and a general understanding of the legal code of this country
- law enforcement on a common sense basis
- providing the necessary vaccinations to the general public

You can go now and tick the appropriate; if you ask me, this beautiful government, like most of their preceding clubs of trough sows, have had different interests and are a total failure. 

Thailand is a failed state and it needs to go rock-, rock-, rock bottom and rise out of the ashes with a completely different mind set as far as all above points are concerned! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

It’s very easy to blame the people but it’s the administration who are at fault for sitting on there @$$’$ by not having nowhere near enough vaccines they were hoping Covid would be blown away in the wind

Vaccination alone will not be the panacea against covid infection. Israel and Singapore have shown that even with high percentage population vaccinated, the people should not abandon the basic requirement for masking, washing hands and social distancing. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Are 35% fully vaccinated? I think even kadilio isn’t claiming more than 15%, unless I am mistaken.

Nationwide, the government says 35% have received their first shot, but only 14% fully vaccinated with their second shot.  They've still got a LONG way to go in the vaccination campaign.

Screenshot_1.jpg.65bae123f1313abc69dfa083a01ce48d.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thaimoph/posts/398084448468131

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People are not being responsible enough......

They never have been! 

Every time I go to 7/11, the person behind me is reaching round me to put his goods on the counter, before I've even got my change.

Occasionally, somebody has come into the store without a mask, and nothing is said to them.

The most annoying thing is, this has never changed in the 16 years I've been here.  But, I didn't expect it would change being that most of the population don't give a toss about law enforcement.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Have to disagree with you there Tall guy.

A. Agreed. Hence the need for everybody to be vaccinated ASAP.

B. Yes, but once fully vaccinated the risk of death and hospitalization falls to a level that is acceptable within social norms. Neither are eliminated, nor will they ever likely be, but the same can be said for just about anything else involved with normal living.

but the issue is vaccinating everybody who wants a vaccine. Thailand, like a lot of other countries, isn’t there yet, but the time will come sooner or later.

Agree! Here in Finland people over 12 years old , 82% has get first jab and over 60% has get both jab's.

Goverment say: next month over 80% has get both shot's so all restrictions will be deleted. Inside country we go back to "normal" living. Doctors say that people should still be careful and use mask's + wash hands. Anyway all the time maybe 50% haven't never use mask's!

Edited by 2 is 1

17 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

We do not know that.

The CCP NEVER publishes true facts. They just tell you what they want you to know.

I believe that this government has been lying about the numbers of infections until the vote of confidence was over. They will now show climbing infections, blame the people and lock down again.

Typical CCP tactics being used by the Thai government.

You don’t think the large foreign journalists and international media outlets would have reported the overwhelmed hospitals and mortuaries in China. Last I know, journalists from BBC, LA Times, Deutsche Welle, Al Jazeera, CNN, agency France, Associated Press etc are all over China. They can see climbing infections and reported on it. Don’t you think so?