People are not being responsible enough after lifting of lockdown measures, official says

webfact

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Well, they banked on doing this sweetheart deal with China's vaccinations and figured that this is good enough for the Thai people, Oh how wrong they were and still are...

And i read this morning they have ordered another 12 million doses of the chinese <deleted>.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

OK the government have done a <deleted> poor job with this covid like nearly all governments.

I walked half the length of Jomtien beach and back today (due to the flood) and about 70% of foreigners were without masks compared to about 1 Thai. Bit of a poor example from us I think, except the jogger who was wearing one whilst running.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Notice how they are always blaming us? It is never about them, and their lack of policy, their failed vaccination drive, their toxic favoritism with regard to the shutdowns. Am I the only one who is tired of them always pointing the finger at us?

So, let us turn it around on them.

1. How can you demonstrate to us, that you are up for the task of leadership? What have you done for us lately?
2. What are you doing to prove that you can and will protect us?
3. Instead of contact tracing us, how about we trace you, and make sure you are doing your job? How about you report to us daily, and let us know how you are handling and containing this epidemic that happened on your watch? Stop talking, and start working, and doing your jobs.
4. Why did you not prevent this? How did you allow these corrupt officials to let infected people in? Why did you not post 100,000 soldiers on the Burmese border, when infections were spiking there, and low here? What else are these guys doing? I thought they were supposed to serve and protect the nation. What are they doing, on a daily basis? And how are they justified, if they cannot protect us?
5. Why are you not making the vaccines more of a priority? Why isn't the army sacrificing some of its huge budget for the people? 
6. What are you planning on offering the people in the way of assistance, so they can survive this disaster you helped create?
7. Can you demonstrate to us why you think Anutin, who has no background whatsoever in the filed of health, is up for the task of tackling this emergency?
8. And why are you shutting down so many businesses, yet you allowed ground zero to remain open to people coming and going since this latest outbreak happened, only closing the province down yesterday? Why such bad decisions, and such extreme incompetence? How do you justify that? How do you explain that? Thousands of cases emanated from Samut province. You knew that would happen. 
9. How about a compulsory level of competence and experience, for all future administration appointments to key positions?
10. Why have you been so hard on foreigners, making it so incredibly difficult to fly in, yet so lax on the borders?
11. Why should we allow you to remain in power? What have you done lately to deserve that power? 

12. Are you deliberately destroying the tourism industry, in order to rebuild it, without it's nightlife? A purer image, more akin to your fake Quaker image?

13. Why is nobody in a position of power being arrested? Why aren't heads rolling?

I suppose these are all rhetorical questions: you don't expect any answers from those clowns now, do you?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Once most of the population is vaccinated, then there will be huge daily infection spikes, probably much bigger than those already recorded.

The time has come to learn to live with Covid, not hide away from it.

Yes but the important bit is 'once most of the population' and not now I'm vaccinated.

You could possibly even get away with once over 60's are jabbed, but that isn't happening fast.

Edited by mommysboy

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Well, so far the infection rates are going down, so let's wait and see if there's a spike next week, and if so, how much of one.  I can't see the restrictions being re-imposed - the people won't take it!

The infection rates are going down because of the effects of lockdown.  Once social distancing ends the rates will go up again- we've seen that time and again in UK, Europe, Brazil, and USA, etc.

Even at near 90% population antibodies deaths will run at 50-200 per day. UK has decided it can live at that, presumably because these people were unvaccinated or already quite ill.  But if Thailand tries it right now then you are looking at 1000 plus every day, perhaps more.

Once grandad and grandma keels over they'll beg for lockdown- you're wrong there imo.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not sure what part of my prior post you were actually disagreeing with... 

But regarding your comment, yes, everyone should be vaccinated because that's the best protection currently available against serious illness and death from COVID.

However, as I mentioned above, even being fully vaccinated is not a panacea, especially with Delta and potential future variants. Even people who are fully vaccinated can still spread Delta quite well to unprotected people who they come into close contact with.

As for death and illness being within so-called social norms, that's a nifty idea, until potentially someone who's fully vaccinated ends up spreading Delta to a spouse or child and they end up getting seriously ill or die.

That's the risk people are running when they wrongly begin to think that being fully vaccinated is somehow their ticket to cease all forms of other prevention measures like masks, social distancing, etc.

Assuming that I read your posts correctly, I think where we differ is this:

The impression I get from your posts is that even when vaccinations are done, you feel that great care needs to be taken to avoid contracting Covid at all. Partly to protect ones own health, partly to avoid contracting the virus and passing it on to others.

my stance is that great care needs to be taken while vaccinations are brought up to an acceptable level, preferably that everyone who wants a vaccine, gets a vaccine. At that point, my current understanding of the risks involved, is that hospitalization and deaths from Covid will actually fall below the risks involved with many other virus and diseases, with which we are already familiar. Influenza is the obvious comparison, but there are a lot of others from which people get sick and die.

So based on what I currently know, once sufficient of the population are fully vaccinated, society can start to get back to a more normal footing. Perhaps not completely normal, but much more normal. 

you are correct to say that people may still contract the virus and become sick, even die. But isn’t that the case with many such virus? The point being that the goal cannot be to eliminate all severe sickness and all deaths. That is an impossibility, for Covid and many other viruses. The goal is to reduce them to an “acceptable” level. Definitions of acceptable will no doubt vary from individual to individual. But once past the vaccination phase, there does then have to be a movement to the next phase.

naturally, things will vary from country to country. Naturally there needs to be genome testing for mutations. Naturally vaccines need to be refined and improved. Naturally treatments for those who get sick need to be improved. But, having said all that, there has to be a point where Covid becomes a virus that humans can live with, just as they live with many other viruses.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

my stance is that great care needs to be taken while vaccinations are brought up to an acceptable level, preferably that everyone who wants a vaccine, gets a vaccine. At that point, my current understanding of the risks involved, is that hospitalization and deaths from Covid will actually fall below the risks involved with many other virus and diseases, with which we are already familiar.

The U.S.'s current experience would seem to argue against your position. Lots of people have been vaccinated and fully vaccinated there. And the vaccines for some time now have been readily available to those who want them (in your words, everyone who wants a vaccine, gets a vaccine)."

However, that still leaves a sizable minority overall, and a majority in some certain vaccine skeptic areas, of people who aren't getting vaccinated despite abundant supplies. And what's happening? A resurgent pandemic of the unvaccinated, with rebounding illness and hospitalizations in those areas.

And as a result, now many communities there beginning to reimpose mandatory mask wearing rules and other kinds of preventive restrictions, even for the fully vaccinated. Because, having vaccines for everyone who "wants" a vaccine alone isn't going to be enough to stop the march of the coronavirus.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why can't they say Prayut is sick or busy and put Thammant or Anutin in his place for 2 weeks, the special fortnight when things go wrong, then blame Thammanat/Anutin and use it as an excuse to punish/release him!

Thank me later! ????????????

7 hours ago, khunpa said:

Well I guess people including myself are just fed up with restrictions.

The only ones to blame is the government itself, who completely messed up getting enough vaccines.

Once people are double vaccinated, for sure there will be a huge infection spike. And so what. We can’t live like this forever.

I don’t know about you, but I am going to start living life once I am double vaccinated. Getting first vaccine tomorrow ???? Hopefully, unless they run out and turn me away.

I'm living life now unvaccinated if this screwed up government ever gets it's s**t together and gets the vaccines out to us Expats that don't live in Bangkok then I will get one 

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Well, so far the infection rates are going down, so let's wait and see if there's a spike next week, and if so, how much of one.  I can't see the restrictions being re-imposed - the people won't take it!

Restrictions will be back in place by 15 October at the latest.  Thanks to premature relaxation, wouldn't be surprised if schools remain closed until 2022.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Macrohistory said:

Restrictions will be back in place by 15 October at the latest.  Thanks to premature relaxation, wouldn't be surprised if schools remain closed until 2022.

But by then Anutin will be in charge as the emergency decree will be lifted and the country will be run under the communicable disease act......oh who to blame

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Once most of the population is vaccinated, then there will be huge daily infection spikes, probably much bigger than those already recorded.

The time has come to learn to live with Covid, not hide away from it.

The shift that's needed worldwide is to shift away from shifting simple infection numbers, and focus more on serious cases listed alongside the vaccine status.

I don't care if there are 50,000 infections tomorrow - if those are amongst the vaccinated there won't be many in hospital... The problem is that the virus rages more amongst the unvaccinated, and that's largely down to the fact that the government is about 2 years behind in it's progress.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mike k said:

I'm living life now unvaccinated if this screwed up government ever gets it's s**t together and gets the vaccines out to us Expats that don't live in Bangkok then I will get one 

I live outside Bkk and I am fully vaccinated, my few farang friends all have at least one injection or scheduled within the next week or so. 

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I live outside Bkk and I am fully vaccinated, my few farang friends all have at least one injection or scheduled within the next week or so. 

Good for you but you're in the minority

EDIT: aside from Phuket of course

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

Agreed, I think the figure is 95% of those who end up in the hospital are not vaccinated (for whatever reason). Which doesn’t mean that those who are fully vaccinated are not getting infected, only that the vast majority of those do not develop serious symptoms that would necessitate a stay at the hospital.

Isn't that the whole idea? 

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The U.S.'s current experience would seem to argue against your position. Lots of people have been vaccinated and fully vaccinated there. And the vaccines for some time now have been readily available to those who want them (in your words, everyone who wants a vaccine, gets a vaccine)."

However, that still leaves a sizable minority overall, and a majority in some certain vaccine skeptic areas, of people who aren't getting vaccinated despite abundant supplies. And what's happening? A resurgent pandemic of the unvaccinated, with rebounding illness and hospitalizations in those areas.

And as a result, now many communities there beginning to reimpose mandatory mask wearing rules and other kinds of preventive restrictions, even for the fully vaccinated. Because, having vaccines for everyone who "wants" a vaccine alone isn't going to be enough to stop the march of the coronavirus.

Red states the problem 

Hang on a sec ? Most on here did not like or go along with Government restrictions, now they are giving a little rope & you do not like that either ?

The problem does lie with the public who are being asked to "behave" unfortunately for

just too many of the public they will not