People are not being responsible enough after lifting of lockdown measures, official says

webfact

From the very beginning, it was up to the respective societies to keep things in check by observing simple mitigation protocols. 

These practices have obviously been a failure, as the surges come and go - and then return again as populations relax and become complacent and weary. All this has been evident worldwide for the last 18 months. 

It's not a terribly complex thing to figure out - if the virus doesn't have hosts to allow it to spread from here to there, it won't. 

As an evolved species, one could imagine that eventually get this - the whys and wherefores. 

I guess not.

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Once most of the population is vaccinated, then there will be huge daily infection spikes, probably much bigger than those already recorded.

The time has come to learn to live with Covid, not hide away from it.

The UK had over 70% of its population fully vaccinated and there infection rate was 30% higher than Thailand's in August. Plus the supermarkets could help by opening moor check outs. Lotus at 5 pm, 3 check outs open. 

• Like 2

Here we go again! Carelessness by the people! 

what about incompetence by you and your ministry? All the recent rises have been due to factories and building camps being permitted to remain open, my village now has a few families in isolation due to covid at a pig processing plant

rises in covid infections are helping your screwed up vaccination program, 14,700 people closer to herd immunity 

The numbers that matter are those seriously I’ll and dying of complications due to covid, those numbers could be significantly reduced if the ministry of health pulled their finger from their butt and concentrated of ensuring the elderly and at risk are vaccinated 

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The U.S.'s current experience would seem to argue against your position. Lots of people have been vaccinated and fully vaccinated there. And the vaccines for some time now have been readily available to those who want them (in your words, everyone who wants a vaccine, gets a vaccine)."

However, that still leaves a sizable minority overall, and a majority in some certain vaccine skeptic areas, of people who aren't getting vaccinated despite abundant supplies. And what's happening? A resurgent pandemic of the unvaccinated, with rebounding illness and hospitalizations in those areas.

And as a result, now many communities there beginning to reimpose mandatory mask wearing rules and other kinds of preventive restrictions, even for the fully vaccinated. Because, having vaccines for everyone who "wants" a vaccine alone isn't going to be enough to stop the march of the coronavirus.

It's a little similar in the UK.  I suppose what will happen in the end is that the vast majority who survive have natural antibodies.  Certainly there comes a time when it is possible to 'live with the virus' to coin a phrase.  But imo it is going to be like living with a bad flu season 12 months a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, steevjee said:

Not in Thailand it hasn't, with only 10% vaccinated they are miles off.

At the current rate they wont be safe enough for at least 6 months, sure they'll try but they'll also fail, with lots of death and misery along the way

That's a sure fire certainty! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not sure what part of my prior post you were actually disagreeing with... 

But regarding your comment, yes, everyone should be vaccinated because that's the best protection currently available against serious illness and death from COVID.

However, as I mentioned above, even being fully vaccinated is not a panacea, especially with Delta and potential future variants. Even people who are fully vaccinated can still spread Delta quite well to unprotected people who they come into close contact with.

As for death and illness being within so-called social norms, that's a nifty idea, until potentially someone who's fully vaccinated ends up spreading Delta to a spouse or child and they end up getting seriously ill or die.

That's the risk people are running when they wrongly begin to think that being fully vaccinated is somehow their ticket to cease all forms of other prevention measures like masks, social distancing, etc.

There's no doubt that vaccines greatly help, particularly in reducing serious illness in over 60's.  The effect was spectacular in the UK.  It's not a panacea for preventing infection, but is almost one for preventing deaths.

Pity Thailand can't see it that way though!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Once most of the population is vaccinated, then there will be huge daily infection spikes, probably much bigger than those already recorded.

The time has come to learn to live with Covid, not hide away from it.

Tell that to the Govt ! They must learn to live  with it as well !

For starters ,stop with covid insurance ,thats required  !  A money making scheme

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, samtam said:

International quarantine will not even be reduced for the Beijing Winter Olympics in February 2022. 

At least the CCP will be able to claim the biggest medal tally and world supremacy if they do not allow anyone else in......

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, steevjee said:

Not in Thailand it hasn't, with only 10% vaccinated they are miles off.

At the current rate they wont be safe enough for at least 6 months, sure they'll try but they'll also fail, with lots of death and misery along the way

This.

A complete botch job from start to finish and now they are blame-shifting to the people so they can shirk responsibility for their failures yet again.

This administration genuinely makes me nauseous. ????

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 0815 said:

One thing most of you improved during Covid.
To verbally attack each other. FOOLS !

I'm not convinced I have seen any improvement.

Most people on here have always been quite proficient at verbally attacking each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting wording.. 

“Reported by doctors that people that have had 2 Jabs are spreading the virus” which seems to imply that dual vaxxed people are running around spreading Covid-19... 

In reality, doctors have reported that ‘it is still possible for Dual Vaccinated individuals to transmit the SARS-CoV-2 virus’......

Everyone already knows that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus. Depending on the degree of anti vaccine bias, what is often left out of the comment is that those who are vaccinated have a far lower probability of contracting and spreading Covid-19 than those who are unvaccinated. 

All staff here at my work are double jabbed... Daily the rate of people off work because they have tested positive is on the rise.