People are not being responsible enough after lifting of lockdown measures, official says

webfact

22 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You do realize, I hope, that once you're fully vaccinated....

A. that does NOT mean you can't still contract the virus, and if you do, and then turn around and infect others around you.

B. that being fully vaccinated also isn't an absolute guarantee against you becoming ill from the virus. The odds are much lower once you're fully vaccinated, but there still are so-called breakthrough infections.

I fail to see what's so difficult and burdensome about recognizing the world is in the midst of a global pandemic, and the best way to protect yourself and those around you is to behave with some level of self-discipline and sense of social responsibility.

Or......just get vaccinated, (when you can!) and take a chance, recognising that Covid is just another item of risk in a risky world. If you don't agree with that, by all means continue to isolate yourself forever.

For me, having been vaccinated, I'll take the risk and assume that those around me are of like minds, otherwise they'd be continuing to isolate.

Seems to be working in UK...and before anyone points to the figures, yes I know people are still getting infected, but so what if they're all vaccinated and thus asymptomatic.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

All staff here at my work are double jabbed... Daily the rate of people off work because they have tested positive is on the rise.

Oh.. thats it then... Evidence shows that the Vaccines increase the chances of contracting Covid-19... 

Are the vaccinated with Sinovac ? has the number of people off work with Covid-19 exceeded 50% of the employees ?

AZ ? exceed 24% of employees.

Pfizer ? exceeded 5% of employees.

Your anecdotal evidence means nothing until you use numbers and details. 

i.e. of 200 Sinovac vaccinated staff, 10 have tested positive with Covid-19, 5 tested positive last week.

The idea there is to put your comment into balanced prospected with what we can expect from published vaccine efficacy values.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh.. thats it then... Evidence shows that the Vaccines increase the chances of contracting Covid-19... 

Are the vaccinated with Sinovac ? has the number of people off work with Covid-19 exceeded 50% of the employees ?

i.e. of 200 Sinovac vaccinated staff, 10 have tested positive with Covid-19, 5 tested positive last week.

The idea there is to put your comment into balanced prospected with what we can expect from published vaccine efficacy values.

Known as the "vaccine paradox".

if everyone is vaccinated then all those who pick up the infection, are hospitalized or die........just happen to be vaccinated.....amazing!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnarth said:

it has already been reported (by doctors) that people that have had 2 jabs are spreading the virus, let that sink in

I suspect there used to be some with fewer jabs spreading it before..... and still are..... don't need a doctor to tell me that.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

70% AZ 30% Sinopharm.

22 hours ago, Artisi said:

I live outside Bkk and I am fully vaccinated, my few farang friends all have at least one injection or scheduled within the next week or so. 

I've been registered and approved since the first of August live in prachinburi province and still haven't got an appointment 

On 9/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, vandeventer said:

A few weeks ago I was in Tesco buying a few things and as I went to checkout there was a very pretty young girl behind me. Than when I went to pay and held my hand out to get the change this very pretty young girl had to sneeze and she lifted her mask when she did. As the ghost busters would say she slimed me. I was so busy laughing and she said sorry so many times that all was forgiven. But you know if she had covid I would have it now.

If it had of been some ugly old fart would you have laughed ????

• Haha 2

On 9/8/2021 at 4:44 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Once most of the population is vaccinated, then there will be huge daily infection spikes, probably much bigger than those already recorded.

The time has come to learn to live with Covid, not hide away from it.

Agree, except I would say that when everyone who wants to be vaccenated is then yes you have to open up. Eventually everyone will catch Covid-19 whatever you do, survival or not may well depend on your vaccination status, me I'm Pfizered up so let it go. 

• Like 1

I know that this is not an Asian thing, but when I was sick with a cold or flu, when I was working at a job, I stayed home

during the contagious stage as not to spread the disease I was sick with.  Any of you remember being told to do that?

Well it is the people who get sick with COVID and continue to work and be around other people, who are 

spreading this disease.  The ones who are not getting vaccinated are getting sicker, but they were scared to get

a vaccine and now they keep spreading COVID around, as well as those who get feeling like they got a normal cold

or flu and still go out among other people.    It is high time that every one smarten up and treat this pandemic and other

diseases seriously. That would be the grown up thing to do.

Geezer

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 10:54 AM, spidermike007 said:

Notice how they are always blaming us? It is never about them, and their lack of policy, their failed vaccination drive, their toxic favoritism with regard to the shutdowns. Am I the only one who is tired of them always pointing the finger at us?

So, let us turn it around on them.

1. How can you demonstrate to us, that you are up for the task of leadership? What have you done for us lately?
2. What are you doing to prove that you can and will protect us?
3. Instead of contact tracing us, how about we trace you, and make sure you are doing your job? How about you report to us daily, and let us know how you are handling and containing this epidemic that happened on your watch? Stop talking, and start working, and doing your jobs.
4. Why did you not prevent this? How did you allow these corrupt officials to let infected people in? Why did you not post 100,000 soldiers on the Burmese border, when infections were spiking there, and low here? What else are these guys doing? I thought they were supposed to serve and protect the nation. What are they doing, on a daily basis? And how are they justified, if they cannot protect us?
5. Why are you not making the vaccines more of a priority? Why isn't the army sacrificing some of its huge budget for the people? 
6. What are you planning on offering the people in the way of assistance, so they can survive this disaster you helped create?
7. Can you demonstrate to us why you think Anutin, who has no background whatsoever in the filed of health, is up for the task of tackling this emergency?
8. And why are you shutting down so many businesses, yet you allowed ground zero to remain open to people coming and going since this latest outbreak happened, only closing the province down yesterday? Why such bad decisions, and such extreme incompetence? How do you justify that? How do you explain that? Thousands of cases emanated from Samut province. You knew that would happen. 
9. How about a compulsory level of competence and experience, for all future administration appointments to key positions?
10. Why have you been so hard on foreigners, making it so incredibly difficult to fly in, yet so lax on the borders?
11. Why should we allow you to remain in power? What have you done lately to deserve that power? 

12. Are you deliberately destroying the tourism industry, in order to rebuild it, without it's nightlife? A purer image, more akin to your fake Quaker image?

13. Why is nobody in a position of power being arrested? Why aren't heads rolling?

"Notice how they are always blaming us".  

If you hadn't noticed this is a public health official saying the public are not being careful enough. Likely not a government / military / policymaking man. He is also critical of how the government has handled the crisis. Think before you rush for the hate button.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johnarth said:

it has already been reported (by doctors) that people that have had 2 jabs are spreading the virus, let that sink in

I suggest you let the following sink in ;

Fully vaccinated persons are far less likely to get or spread the virus and are far , far less likely to be hospitalised or die as a consequence of catching the virus.

Apart from a small minority who have genuine medical reasons for avoiding vaccination, refusal to conform is base stupidity.

Those who spread disinformation about vaccines are , in my view , criminaly negligent and should face prosecution.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

All staff here at my work are double jabbed... Daily the rate of people off work because they have tested positive is on the rise.

Which might just indicate that the virus is far more widespread than the government acknowledges. 

That would hardly be surprising given the meagre level of testing and the pathetic vaccine response.

The point is actually moot anyway because what is relevant is ;

A) How many of your vaccinated colleagues have been seriously ill , hospitalised or died ?

B) How much more serious would the situation be if nobody in your workplace was suitably vaccinated ?

I registered on-line using "Pfizer vaccine in THAILAND INTERVAC program" at web site at thailandintervac.com .  I signed up on 6 August at Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin.  BKKHH email today says scheduled Pfizer vaccination on 23 September is in process.  Finally a limited success.

Terry

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )

Edited by Fortean1
typo

20 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I suggest you let the following sink in ;

Fully vaccinated persons are far less likely to get or spread the virus and are far , far less likely to be hospitalised or die as a consequence of catching the virus.

Apart from a small minority who have genuine medical reasons for avoiding vaccination, refusal to conform is base stupidity.

Those who spread disinformation about vaccines are , in my view , criminaly negligent and should face prosecution.

You are incorrect.

Vaccinated people are just as likely to get the virus and spread it as I vaccinated people.

However you are correct that vaccinated people are less likely to develop sever symptoms or die from the virus ...although this is is not quite correct in the case of the Delta variant, where the  percentage of double vaccinated people hospitalised with it is similar to unvaccinated people....at least in the UK.

12 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You are incorrect.

Vaccinated people are just as likely to get the virus and spread it as I vaccinated people.

However you are correct that vaccinated people are less likely to develop sever symptoms or die from the virus ...although this is is not quite correct in the case of the Delta variant, where the  percentage of double vaccinated people hospitalised with it is similar to unvaccinated people....at least in the UK.

Yes I probably got carried away in responding to the anti vaxer lol.

Have you a link to the point you made about delta varient hospitalisations , that would surprise me.

13 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

"Notice how they are always blaming us".  

If you hadn't noticed this is a public health official saying the public are not being careful enough. Likely not a government / military / policymaking man. He is also critical of how the government has handled the crisis. Think before you rush for the hate button.

According to the professor, the contagious nature of the Delta Variant and the close proximity that people are now operating in means that it is inevitable that there will be a spike within the next two weeks. “With this sort of thing, the spike is usually higher than the previous peak so we can be looking at 30,000 cases per day by the beginning of October because people are just not careful.”

So, let's give it a few weeks, and then we will know if this was standardized fear mongering, or if this guy actually knew what he was talking about. My guess is he is wrong. Lockdowns do not work, especially a Thai style lockdown, which is totally selective, and therefore totally ineffective. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

that's why China is now rushing to give everybody a Pfizer booster.

Nope, only considering it. It will never happen. There is a political concern that if China approves the mRNA vaccines, it might send a signal that leads Chinese people to question the effectiveness of the existing [Chinese] vaccines. 

2 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Nope, only considering it. It will never happen. There is a political concern that if China approves the mRNA vaccines, it might send a signal that leads Chinese people to question the effectiveness of the existing [Chinese] vaccines. 

Not according to an article I read, which I can't now find, but it was a well renowned Asian news service. They were quoting Chinese Govt sources who were saying the Pfizer boosters had already started in earnest.

15 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Not according to an article I read, which I can't now find, but it was a well renowned Asian news service. They were quoting Chinese Govt sources who were saying the Pfizer boosters had already started in earnest.

This is all I found about it,    Dated August 30.   China has yet to approve the shot, leaving questions about Beijing’s plans for an inoculation that’s heavily coveted in the rest of the world.

Chinese pharmaceutical companies that have developed a

Covid-19 vaccine using advanced mRNA technology are planning to hold clinical trials in the southwestern provinces of Yunnan and Guangxi.  it's named ARCoV

5 minutes ago, thaitom said:

This is all I found about it,    Dated August 30.   China has yet to approve the shot, leaving questions about Beijing’s plans for an inoculation that’s heavily coveted in the rest of the world.

Chinese pharmaceutical companies that have developed a

Covid-19 vaccine using advanced mRNA technology are planning to hold clinical trials in the southwestern provinces of Yunnan and Guangxi.  it's named ARCoV

China may provisionally approved Pfizer and Moderna for the 800k foreigners who needed the vaccine passports for international travels. Some of their own citizens may also need the flexibility for business travels. China is no hurry to approve MRNA vaccines for the population. They have managed the latest Delta surge relatively well with inactivated vaccines. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

China may provisionally approved Pfizer and Moderna for the 800k foreigners who needed the vaccine passports for international travels. Some of their own citizens may also need the flexibility for business travels. China is no hurry to approve MRNA vaccines for the population. They have managed the latest Delta surge relatively well with inactivated vaccines. 

Thailand's (and the CCP's) foremost authority and champion of all things China - has once again spoken...

China will, of course, drag their feet to approve a vaccine that is FAR SUPERIOR to their own, IMO. That is their M.O. - it's how they roll - besides they couldn't stomach the loss of face in doing so.

What is your basis to claim they have 'managed the latest Delta surge relatively well'? Are you relying on CCP controlled media? Do you honestly trust ANYTHING that comes out of that country (I think I already know, but just asking...)?

Please try to explain... and while you're at it, see if you can prove any news that comes out of China is to be trusted, eh?? Why must you always support them??? Perhaps you could shed some light on that as well...

Before you do though, consider you're not dealing with someone who is not somewhat familiar with the inner workings of the Chinese gov't and your beloved leader Chairman Xi.

Edited by DBath