MedPark Hospital vaccination confirmation

JayLeno

Hey everybody! 

I just got an invitation from MedPark Hospital for a vaccination on the 14th of September.

Some part of the e-mail include this:

Required Documents for vaccination at MedPark Hospital:
1. Original copy of current passport
2. If you are under 40 years old: medical certificate from a hospital, stating your underlying disease(s) or pregnancy as indicated in your submission.
3. If you do not meet the criteria, you will only be eligible for AstraZeneca.

So I replied that I wasn't interested into getting AZ  but instead get Pfizer and I got this reply:

Regarding your inquiry, we are sorry to inform you that we do not have the information which vaccine brand you will be received, and we cannot confirm if you will be getting Pfizer or not.
Kindly confirm with the staff again upon arrival and the staff will then check the information for you. 

Do you have any experience of getting the Pfizer there? How was the process? 

THANKS all :)

• Haha 1

They replied the same for me as I was signed up for AZ but when I got there 4 weeks ago for the 1st shot it was Pfizer if I wanted it or AZ if I wanted it since I was over 60, just got my 2nd Pfizer a week ago.  Busy but well organized.  You just have to go to see.  AZ if definitely better than nothing.

15 hours ago, JayLeno said:

I am below 40 years not sure, which vaccine I will get. Any other suggestions? 

While at MedPark to receive my vaccine shots I noted that the hospital displays posters outlining the vaccines that will be administered on the basis of the criteria defined by the Thai Government.

If you are over 60, OR are pregnant OR have a medical certificate* confirming you suffer one or more of the defined diseases you will be given the Pfizer vaccine.

If you do not meet those criteria you will be given AZ (or Sinopharm).

The Hospital staff were rigorously enforcing the Government issued criteria and I witnessed people arguing to no avail against not being allowed to ‘bend the rule’.

If you are below 40 and you want to receive Pfizer you will need a medical certificate confirming you are pregnant and/or suffer one of the seven diseases.

*I recommend you get your certificate from a hospital and request that it clearly states the diagnosis code for which you wish to present as evidence of eligibility for Pfizer. 

I personally know one person who had their ‘clinic issued’ medical certificate rejected at MedPark, so if you wish to present a medical certificate get it from a hospital and make sure the disease description and disease code align with the criteria published by the Thai Government.

My Reading of the Hospitals emails to you are they have advised you of the rules and those are the rules they will apply.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

I'd bring a medical certificate which states that you one of the qualifying conditions. Or just go and see if they offer Pfizer.

When I was there I was asked Pfizer or AstraZeneca at least four times. Even though the number of your queue slip denotes that. 

That said I've got to believe they're runout of Pfizer first shots by now, and what stock remains will be used for committed second shots.

There will be more Pfizer in the air soon as the government did order 20 mm doses, with 10 mm due soon-ish. 

58 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'd bring a medical certificate which states that you one of the qualifying conditions. Or just go and see if they offer Pfizer.

When I was there I was asked Pfizer or AstraZeneca at least four times. Even though the number of your queue slip denotes that. 

That said I've got to believe they're runout of Pfizer first shots by now, and what stock remains will be used for committed second shots.

There will be more Pfizer in the air soon as the government did order 20 mm doses, with 10 mm due soon-ish. 

They had no run out of Pfizer 1st shots last Monday, as I got it there. 2nd shot 27 th

• Like 2

I have, am over 60, both vaccinations with Corminaty in the MedPark. 
I live in Pattaya, but that does not matter!
The last vaccination was on 3.9.2021

They act there absolutely according to the regulations!!!

So vaccine only according to the guidelines- WITHOUT- exceptions!

After the 2 vaccination all information immediately in the app.

So "vaccination passport" for Thailand always there ????

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, l4ml4m said:

Poor them to have to deal with people who know nothing but still think that they prefer another vaccine.

This whole joke is so funny, I can't stop laughing since more than a year.

Nobody asks for your expertise doctor. My question was clear from the beginning. If you don't bring anything related to my interrogation, simply don't reply, don't spend your time and energy if you are omniscient.

BTW, don't even reply when you see my others futur post. Have a good day ????

• Haha 1