best burger in Pattaya

ivor bigun

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i fancy a stodgy burger, instead i usually opt for a beef and onion baguette with gravy and chips, from Market Cafe on soi New Plaza, 129 baht incl drink. Best English chips in town

Sounds lush and 'for nothing'.....just amazing that places can make a profit at these prices

19 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

OK, 

Menu states 300 grams, so around 10 oz.

Where did you read it was?

I must be a Chef as my family says I make the best peanut butter any jelly sandwich's.  My secret is wheat bread instead of white. 

1..no problem

2. 10oz..still used to working with ounces..noted

3.Glasses not on..glanced at menu--say grain..not grass..my mistake---so what are the grains? gmo ?

4. Protip-Chefs need to be certified, so you may wanna still with being the best cook..

As for sandwiches and bread, I made fresh ones daily working in LOS, thai would not eat it unless I removed crusts and buttered the bread.....nope

As for the 10 oz steak..Im betting on a flat top grill for the meat..if Im paying 700 for a steak(nope) i want it on a grill for a nice sear and char,

and would bet anyone a bottle of sangsom its not rested after and as soon as its cut all the juice runs all over, just my exp working with thais in LOS

The whole squid ink think on buns and pasta says alot to me...but that just from someone who been cooking for 30+ yrs...so im probably wrong

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

People who make burgers are 'Chefs' in America... jeez I thought they were flippers.

Im certified in culinary arts..went to school for it....not to be confused with the burger academy.....or subway "sandwich artists"

I was commenting on the menu pricing and choices etc....and my exp training and working with thais in LOS as a Chef.....

jeez indeed..

4 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Actually,  I eat at HH a lot, and so do hundreds if not thousands,  a month.  Often,  it's not the taste of the food that keeps people away. It's that they have gotten their feelings hurt and attempted to tell others that the foods bad, as they just don't get along with some of the people there, and try to ruin it for others. The HH has far better tasting food than many places serving food around Pattaya.  Portions are large, cost is low, beef from Australia,  many home recipes, and an extensive menu.  I, all to often meet people and read peoples comments about the food not being good, but all to often it's peoples personalities,  and emotions, about the atmosphere,  and not the food that they try to discourage others from enjoying the food there, and thats a shame.  these comments often detracts a person from visiting  based on an armatures oponion.  Of the many people I have recommended that they try the food at the Hungry Hippo, I have never gotten a negative comment  on the food.  Most people I know are happy to find such a great deal, and Variations of menu, and comments of good food.  In this town there is no shortage of trolls or jealousy when people see other foreigners having a successful  business.   All too often it's tragic as some businesses actually  benefit the public, and foreigners,  only to have their potential snuffed by others jealous nature, a petty emotions.  I have been in Pattaya all through the Covid situation  beginning  in Feb 2020, and many restaurants struggled  and still struggle to survive,  but the HH was steady the whole time, offering inexpensive  home cooked meals, that kept a solid continued patronage.   Someone  might actually  read your comment and unwittingly believe your personal opinion and never visit the HH because of it.  It's certainly not going to hurt the restaurant,  as now that Pattaya is opening, and the restaurant  has a growing patronage,  it wont affect the owners or staff.  It will only lessen  the readers experience and chance at a large portion meals, with great taste, at a very low price.  The HH certainly  doesn't  over charge like many places are in Pattaya.

now that was a long rant, you have a vivid imagination. I like HH food except the burgers which are disappointing, but keep your hair on when people have different views to you

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2021 at 3:01 AM, Tropposurfer said:

Hard Rock Cafe .... anywhere, is usually a good bet for a quality burger. Patong HRC makes a beauty and is a periodic spot I/we visit.

That's what i thought until i tried the on in Pattaya - rubbish.

Best burger for me is Prime Burger on Bokhaow ( great owner too ), Jim's Burger is normally good too.

• Thanks 1

Teo's out on the Darkside, under the flyover on Soi Siam Country Club, burgers are pretty good, Beef, Chicken, Pork, all done various ways & most enjoyable ????????????

They also do a rather nice Pizza, which is what we were going to have tonight, with some Jalapeno poppers, unfortunately it's closed due to lack of staff, buggar, I hope it's not a trend.

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Teo's out on the Darkside, under the flyover on Soi Siam Country Club, burgers are pretty good, Beef, Chicken, Pork, all done various ways & most enjoyable ????????????

They also do a rather nice Pizza, which is what we were going to have tonight, with some Jalapeno poppers, unfortunately it's closed due to lack of staff, buggar, I hope it's not a trend.

Just drove past and was hoping it was not permanent, thanks for the heads up. Burgers in there are great, but in town Jim's Burgers on 3rd road (Klang end) are very good too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sungod said:

Just drove past and was hoping it was not permanent, thanks for the heads up. Burgers in there are great, but in town Jim's Burgers on 3rd road (Klang end) are very good too.

Rarely go into town these days, but thanks for the info, I think they would be cold by the time they get out here ????????

• 1 month later...