StreetCowboy

24 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

thinking too much?

go easy, step lightly, stay free

Step we gaily off we go, 

Heel for heel and toe for toe
Step we gaily off we go,
Off tae Marie's wedding.

So as you don't think I wasn't listening to your advice...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Deceitful bastarts that they are...

Back in the day we had visitors from head office in the UK visiting us, and we were going to adjourn to the pub.  The road there was simple, though could have been simpler, and I explained "Just turn right at the sleeping brown dog".

On that one day, it was gone.

I have never trusted sleeping dogs since.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Would YOU fell better if you offered an apology ?

Seems to me you have nothing to lose and something to gain.

If it is accepted graciously - both of you will feel better.

If it is refused, or refuted - you are in the exact same place you are in now.

Only difference is you realized you were wrong and tried to make amends.

That's a good point.  Maybe I will apologise to someone whom I think would take it in better spirits. 

But I worry that you might develop an uncharacteristic prejudice, or worse still, that it might arouse an unjustified paranoia "I am sure I have not offended him, but maybe someone else"...

Least said, soonest mended, and keep the voices in your head inside your head - oh, if only our politicians could hear those words!

42 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Should I send a PM to apologise for the ill will I have borne this poster, even although I have not recently commented on his posts, and it may well be a surprise that I have ever borne him any disagreement, let alone resentment or ill-will?

If they haven't noticed, there might be little point in bringing it up.  Do you feel simply ignoring them, which they may not even be aware of, warrants an apology, or could you simply go back to interacting with them?

If you feel you have wronged them, and you want to restart interaction, a simple explanation might do when you first reply to them again.

Edited by BangkokReady
Misread OP

1 minute ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

concur with canthai.

would suggest short apology specific to precise comment bothering you to secure proper closure.

ignore any reply. conscience eased. harmony restored.

The difficulty is that the specific comment was given by someone else, and I had mis-ascribed it to this individual, and therefore that the specific resentment was unjustified,  but I have an underlying feeling that there is some other disagreement.

So I am not sure that an apology along the lines of

"I am sorry that I have borne you ill-will because I mis-attributed an offer of  a punch in the head to your goodself whereas it was in fact kindly offered by another; for that I am sorry, but I am sure there is some other disagreement on which residual resentment might be founded"

would be interpreted in the good-natured terms in which it was intended.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If they haven't noticed, there might be little point in bringing it up.  Do you feel simply ignoring them, which they may not even be aware of, warrants an apology, or could you simply go back to interacting with them?

If you feel you have wronged them, and you want to restart interaction, a simple explanation might do when you first reply to them again.

Let's just hope that Mr Genereally-good-natured-and-soon-to-be-released-from-prison-for-crimes-of-violence doesn't think we are talking about him.

EDIT: I shouldn't have said that, should I?

If its me... don’t worry about it, I never noticed !!!!.... 

Seriously though...  Life’s too short to sweat it. 

This is a forum specifically designed for anonymous discussion, as such we are free to deliver our opinions without having to hold back (within certain limits). 

We don’t all agree, we can royally P!$$ each other off, there are posters on here whose opinions differ so significantly I think think they are utterly deplorable characters... others may think so of me. 

The reality is far different - IF we sat around a table and discussed things, most could discuss, debate and have a good time while doing so.

Others, are perhaps a little too fragile and can’t handle a difference of opinion.

Others who think people can’t handle their opinion are too fragile.

Swings and roundabouts...  

There are posters I repeatedly disagree with, not because I target them, but because we are so fundamentally different. Other posters have pointed out their disagreement with the manner in which I post - its all irrelevant...  as soon as we leave the ’ThaiVisa online ecosystem’ anything I post is completely compartmentalised and forgotten about until I return - I wonder if others are the same. 

ThaiVisa (Aseannow) is a good source of entertainment, news and a great waste of time when there are flat times...  some people take it too seriously, thats all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Having looked at how it might escalate, given the subsequent posts to your comment, I am probably safer getting a hit-man to go out and have the bloke seen to.  

I am sure he bears me no ill-will, and otherwise would be best to let bygones be bygones, but you can never be sure - why take chances? If only it was not an anonymous forum...

Yerdedonthair, bytheway, Cowboy; Embdy could be posting here wi' an fictitous personality, oblivioustae the risks ae anonemous vaiolins.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Do nothing.

For heaven's sake! 

It is so easy to answer in your own words, without the precision that other people may need in order to do what you envisage.

I am going to interpret your suggestion as "Do nothing, and forget about it"
with a caveat that if for some reason I find out that Mr "Genereally-good-natured-and-soon-to-be-released-from-prison-for-crimes-of-violence" is looking for me, then further action might be prudent.

Anyway, for all you guys who may get easily frustrated by idiots, whether you are in prison or not, this is not about you, nor about anyone you have exchanged personal messages on this forum.

25 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Let's just hope that Mr Genereally-good-natured-and-soon-to-be-released-from-prison-for-crimes-of-violence doesn't think we are talking about him.

EDIT: I shouldn't have said that, should I?

Sir, should it come to defending your honour and position, I suggest you refresh yourself to the rules to such. I draw your attention to Rule 11. 

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

It is so easy to answer in your own words, without the precision that other people may need in order to do what you envisage.

I am going to interpret your suggestion as "Do nothing, and forget about it"
with a caveat that if for some reason I find out that Mr "Genereally-good-natured-and-soon-to-be-released-from-prison-for-crimes-of-violence" is looking for me, then further action might be prudent.

Anyway, for all you guys who may get easily frustrated by idiots, whether you are in prison or not, this is not about you, nor about anyone you have exchanged personal messages on this forum.

Cut back on your medication. 

• Haha 1

To all those whom I may have offended in my posts on the forum, I offer my sincere apologies.

If that is not sufficient to sooth your distress and dismay, then let's be having you outside, downstairs now, shirts off.

I think that should be sufficient for everyone. 

SC

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

I will never forgive you anyway, no matter what you say.

Did you mean to post that in my "Paranoia" thread?

I don't want to make you look small, or engender any resentment, but I think it would have been more threatening without the 'anyway'.

Short sentences are blunter.
"It does not matter what you say.
I  will never forgive you"

Let's face it - we are all trying to be helpful and constructive here.  Except for Mr "generally pleasant and soon to be released from prison for crimes of violence", who seems to have lost his way somewhat and been led astray by unfortunate influences.

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Did you mean to post that in my "Paranoia" thread?

I don't want to make you look small, or engender any resentment, but I think it would have been more threatening without the 'anyway'.

Short sentences are blunter.
"It does not matter what you say.
I  will never forgive you"

Let's face it - we are all trying to be helpful and constructive here.  Except for Mr "generally pleasant and soon to be released from prison for crimes of violence", who seems to have lost his way somewhat and been led astray by unfortunate influences.

There's a paranoia forum ?

8 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Hmmmm...

Not to derail this lovely thread or anything, but I am compelled to ask: 

Is this another subliminal attention seeking quip from the esteemed SC? 

Just askin'.

Did you mean to post that on the "paranoia" thread?

• Haha 1