I am in LOVE. I mean that I am =IN LOVE= with a Thai Woman

GammaGlobulin

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If that were true, the "substantial inheritance" would not even be mentioned.

you still havnt said how she feels ? Or is it that you dont actually know ? and all this is just something you have convinced yourself of, based on a rose tinted observation and perhaps a polite smile from her and your fertile imagination has run riot.

a.  As you know, I do suffer from a vivid imagination.

b.  I do not know how she feels.

c.  She is very polite, and this is one of her many strong points which first attracted me to her.

d. More importantly, the moral imperative should be to do no harm, and only try to do good.

e. Happiness can only come from doing what one knows is right.

e2.  Why?  Cognitive Dissonance.  If one acts in ways which are incongruent with the ways one believes one should act, then this causes cognitive dissonance, which, in turn, leads to great stress and unhappiness.

e3.  Most people misunderstand the term "cognitive dissonance", and often misuse this term. In fact, the term originally referred to believing and acting in opposing ways, which causes stress.  If everybody would read more Festinger, then fewer might engage in adultery. 

f.  And so, in order to remain more congruent in my beliefs and actions, if I wish to reduce stress, then I should give up my writing of Love Notes to the woman I love.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Strangely enough, my grandfather received the Croix de Guerre for acts of bravery during the Great War, in the trenches, before returning, in order to commit acts of adultery.

I am a bit confused with this sentence. 

Did he fight in the trenches and commit acts of bravery in order to commit acts pf adultery upon his return., If so your GM was a heck of a horny fellow. 

or

was he ordered to commit acts of adultery upon his return as a  part of the war  effort?  

Edited by sirineou

Reckless heroism.

Triumph against overwhelming odds in the face of inevitable death; or not, as the case may be.

Wear a mask, and adopt a pseudonym.

Pretend to be Cyrano de Bergerac, and write lines on behalf of another of her admirers. and killing people in duels; the plastic surgery for the nose should be a matter of little difficulty in Thailand, whether you prefer perky or voluptuous.

I doubt any of these suggestions will in any way contribute to your goal, but I look forward to your future posts, for as long as they last.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am a bit confused with this sentence. 

Did he fight in the trenches and commit acts of bravery in order to commit acts pf adultery upon his return., If so your GM was a heck of a horny fellow. 

or

was he ordered to commit acts of adultery upon his return as a  part of the war  effort?  

a. He did not fight in the trenches. He only acted as a medic trying to save the lives of those who were dying after they went over the top to face the horror.

b. Although he did not carry a gun, apparently, his acts of gallantry were enough to win him the Croix de Guerre. The Croix de Guerre was not passed out like jelly beans to anyone who asked for one. Also, he received the medal which was normally only given to French soldiers, and not to non-French.

c. It is possible, as you say, that, after the award, and after suffering PTSD, which stayed with him for the remaining years of his life, he soon fell in love with a married

woman, probably a welcome respite after dodging so many bullets and bombs. 

d. Concerning how many girls he met in France, there is no record. But, you can read Remarque's book in German, if you want.

e. One interesting hypothesis is that World War One was a great divide between civilised culture, pre-WW1, and rampant barbarianism which followed soon after the great war.

f.  After serving as a medic in the trenches in France, grandfather became an orthopedic surgeon.  Maybe he missed the blood and guts of war, too much. 

g. War crushes and destroys men.

h. We should all be pacifists.

24 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

a. He did not fight in the trenches. He only acted as a medic trying to save the lives of those who were dying after they went over the top to face the horror.

b. Although he did not carry a gun, apparently, his acts of gallantry were enough to win him the Croix de Guerre. The Croix de Guerre was not passed out like jelly beans to anyone who asked for one. Also, he received the medal which was normally only given to French soldiers, and not to non-French.

c. It is possible, as you say, that, after the award, and after suffering PTSD, which stayed with him for the remaining years of his life, he soon fell in love with a married

d. Concerning how many girls he met in France, there is no record. But, you can read Remarque's book in German, if you want.

e. One interesting hypothesis is that World War One was a great divide between civilised culture, pre-WW1, and rampant barbarianism which followed soon after the great war.

f.  After serving as a medic in the trenches in France, grandfather became an orthopedic surgeon.  Maybe he missed the blood and guts of war, too much. 

You must get a lot of orthopaedic experience very quickly in war time, and see how bits fit together on patients in a way that you will rarely get to see in peace time.

I have often thought that it must be a very rewarding branch of medicine, as a bit of hammer-and-chiselry can make such a difference so quickly. 

I had recently taken a break from Aseannow forum as since the Brexit debate concluded, all that was left was Covid.  So I had a few days watching the puddles dry on my Moo Bahn.

My interest has finally been revived with this post.  What the op should do is imagine he has finally hooked up with his 'LOVE' and fast forward 5 years when she starts to limit conjugal activity, spends money on ridiculous unnecessary items and nags for him to fix all the things she's broken.

Then the novelty will wear off.

• Thanks 1

Just had another thought.  Try the Eric Clapton solution.  George ( Harrison) isn't here any longer to give his side of the story but a quick phone call to Eric should render you some good advice.

I believe he started with a number one worldwide song that he wrote for Patty.  I'm not suggesting you rip off Eric's song but I'll try to help and tell you it's in the key of 'G' and only has 5 chords.  So pretty basic really.  I don't know if this will effect the outcome, but Patty was blonde and presumably your 'LOVE' will have dark hair, so bear that in mind with the lyrics.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I was only kidding, No disrespect to you grand father or to you.

PS: if you are serious about your OP, I suggest you simply  take a cold shower. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I cannot leave her.

And, I cannot think of a reason why I should.

Good reason is the other half of the marriage might just come gunning, in the real sense should be every get the slightest idea you have the hots for his wife, it's not only Thai women that can be jealous - - so watch out or it might be gamma globulin running down the gutter somewhere. 

39 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Good reason is the other half of the marriage might just come gunning, in the real sense should be every get the slightest idea you have the hots for his wife, it's not only Thai women that can be jealous - - so watch out or it might be gamma globulin running down the gutter somewhere. 

If he wears a mask, and uses a pseudonym, he should be fine.
And if not, he could utter some memorable last words, and hope for a non-fatal wound, so that he could post them on here.

Unlike Cyrano de Bergerac, he is unlikely to be duelling with single-shot pistols, and will probably be unarmed up against a chap with a revolver, so it might be best if he puts in a bit of forethought, and posts his planned last words here in advance.

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I cannot leave her.

And, I cannot think of a reason why I should.

Yes you can ( and that applies to both sentences ).

Anyway, how can you leave her when you ain't with her?

If, many years in the future, you should happen upon her again, you'll wonder why you loved her. That too, happened to me, when I met my once upon a time idyll.

Love, is a fleeting thing.

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes you can ( and that applies to both sentences ).

Anyway, how can you leave her when you ain't with her?

If, many years in the future, you should happen upon her again, you'll wonder why you loved her. That too, happened to me, when I met my once upon a time idyll.

Love, is a fleeting thing.

Correct.

And, this is important.

I am not with her.

Key point.

In addition, it is not morally right that I should ever be with her.

This does not preclude my feelings of love, chaste love, for my darling and beautiful, and so kind friend who is much more than a friend to me, in my own mind.

One must constantly remind oneself that an adulterous affair is absolutely never worth the huge amount of stress that accompanies such foolishness.

Loving is Ok, however.

Always act according to one's moral precepts, and remain calm and collected.

It is acceptable to gaze upon the object of one's love and desire, I think.

Paramount, in a relationship such as this, is to always be careful to never cross the boundaries of proper decorum and moral rectitude.

It has been said, by many, that a man and a woman can never enjoy a platonic friendship, for long.  This is untrue.

Such a relationship, longterm, is admittedly rare, yet definitely possible.

One must maintain the illusion that the older man is the father, or the grandfather, and the object of one's love is the daughter, a daughter that one respects above all.

Never overstep.

And things will proceed swimmingly. 

Note: Regarding any love notes, all messages should be couched in terms of a loving father's respect and love for a wonderful daughter.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

26 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Linguistic challenges usually favour the downtrodden.

Their trickery wins out.

A cunning linguist can talk themselves out of whichever hole in which they find themselves.

For my part, I got through high school by knowing when to back-pedal  

I am interested to know if others amongst us have ever found themselves in a similar predicament, where a potential misjudgement might end in catastrophe, and if there is anyone left to tell the tale.

This afternoon, as we were quaffing cider after our relatively long cycle ride, a young lady came over to express her attraction to my cycling buddy.  Were I to draw on my experience, that would be an attempt to provoke violence, either against my buddy, or against the lady in question, and on my part, grounds for a sHarp Exit.

Anyway, the way I see it, the OP (and my buddy) have two options - go for it in a big way - mask, psudonym, heroic yet probably fatal deeds of valour, probably stay shtum when it comes to discussion with your wife, and keep a good look-out over both shoulders.

Or alternatively, forget what you can, deny more than that, and keep a good look-out over both shoulders