I am in LOVE. I mean that I am =IN LOVE= with a Thai Woman

GammaGlobulin

31 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Agreed ! I too have often wondered what so funny, the only tell tale sign for me was the whistle and cymball clash to indicate it.

Even translation of text in social media is often wierd and makes no sense at all, yet there are laughing emojis everywhere. I Just dont get it.

Not just Thai - in the Western world, for TV anyway, there are laugh tracks that let us know when it is funny. Laughter is contagious. [cue a cymbal here] 

On 9/11/2021 at 7:01 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

b.  She feels, one might guess, that it would be better if I were younger, more handsome, and if I were expecting a substantial inheritance.

So, you are saying she has no interest in anything about you... 

Again, the allure of something you can't have... when you can make a list of her faults, and then have no problem accepting them, then you will have real love. 

11 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The Thai language is second-to-few in expressing abstruse innuendo, as everybody knows.

The Thai sense of humor can be as complex and interesting as is one's intelligence in order to create and understand these complexities.

English, however, is still, probably, the most complex and interesting of languages, mainly because English is a conglomeration of so many languages.

Thai is not a simple language, and the more complex the language, then the more interesting for the users of the language.

Let's not be snobs when judging any language, but just learn the language, and learn to enjoy the language.

Abstruse ????

There is plenty of humour to be found within the complexities of languages. Non-native English speakers do enjoy innuendo, even if it sometimes needs a bit of explanation.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Remembering the OP is not in his youth, in my experience women of a certain age are not married  because

a/ they are too horrible/ unpleasant/ angry to catch a man

b/ they are divorced and usually have children that they will always love more than a mere male partner

c/ they are widowed, and will always love their dead husband more than any man that follows.

d/ reasons that I can't think of right now, but makes men wary of them.

Really!? In that case. the same must go for men? Or is that a female only thing, based on male superiority?

If it goes for men as well, then I can´t see the problem. It will only speak volumes for that the saying "there is always one for everyone" is true.

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Really!? In that case. the same must go for men? Or is that a female only thing, based on male superiority?

If it goes for men as well, then I can´t see the problem. It will only speak volumes for that the saying "there is always one for everyone" is true.

Of course the same applies to men.

However

a/ Men for some strange reason can be ugly and still attract women, but I suspect that it is more about money or power than looks. I'm pretty sure an ugly woman can get some if she is wealthy enough.

b/ Not many divorced men have children living with them as the courts seem to regard the mother as more suitable for bringing them up, though it usually involves transferring a lot of the man's money along with the kids.

c/ Widowers may be more willing to transfer their emotional attachment to a woman that will give them what they want in bed. Or not- I only know widows.

d/ Reasons that I can't think of right now, but may be applicable.

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

The majority of unmarried women that I have come across via my wife's association are mainly of an academic background. It  appears to me they are far too fussy, ie nobody is good enough, smart enough etc. Many of them are extremely nice  attractive women and would probably be an ideal partner but will unfortunately spend their lives alone, the result of wrong thinking. 

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

The majority of unmarried women that I have come across via my wife's association are mainly of an academic background. It  appears to me they are far too fussy, ie nobody is good enough, smart enough etc. Many of them are extremely nice  attractive women and would probably be an ideal partner but will unfortunately spend their lives alone, the result of wrong thinking. 

Stuck up. Not worth talking too. Find a farm girl.

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

However

a/ Men for some strange reason can be ugly and still attract women, but I suspect that it is more about money or power than looks. I'm pretty sure an ugly woman can get some if she is wealthy enough.

b/ Not many divorced men have children living with them as the courts seem to regard the mother as more suitable for bringing them up, though it usually involves transferring a lot of the man's money along with the kids.

c/ Widowers may be more willing to transfer their emotional attachment to a woman that will give them what they want in bed. Or not- I only know widows.

Chicks like money or guys who fix things or make them laugh. If you 0/3 learn to fix things or seek joke advice.

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

However

Thats why i shagged 500 women. Still cheaper than marrying a white women.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

That's a bit harsh, IMO. If I was a woman I wouldn't marry any of the guys I know.

I actually think marrying is a bad idea, period. Certainly ruined my life.

I also think that the secret to a happy marriage is if one is dominant, but most people want to be equal, if not superior, which IMO leads to problems.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

However

I see no reason for further discussion. Seems to me like you are stuck in the middle age. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Yes, they will be an ideal partner for a person that they can relate to and be attracted of. Same like when men choose women. I just think that you also belong to the old adage, where the man was the one that should choose, not be rejected and decide what is right or wrong. 

Welcome to the 21th century. A world where everyone has a say, an opinion and a choice. Actually I am rather pleased with the evolution, that puts the male ego in the closet, and peacefully requests the intellectual charm to be present.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, they will be an ideal partner for a person that they can relate to and be attracted of. Same like when men choose women. I just think that you also belong to the old adage, where the man was the one that should choose, not be rejected and decide what is right or wrong. 

Welcome to the 21th century. A world where everyone has a say, an opinion and a choice. Actually I am rather pleased with the evolution, that puts the male ego in the closet, and peacefully requests the intellectual charm to be present.

I don't recall mentioning that the man should be the one to choose and decide what is right and wrong, however did you come up with that understanding from what I said, seems quite a stretch of your imagination. 

• Like 1

To GammaGlobulin, I'll share another quote, this one from Alfred Lord Tennyson:  "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

Notice that is past tense.  I suspect that many men learned, as I did, in high school, that pursuing a lady who is not available or interested in you, and who is further not open the the idea of becoming available and interested in you, is not only a waste of time, but it actually damages your prospects with other ladies who ARE available and potentially interested in you when they see you engage in that sort of self-humiliating conduct.    Or in high-school language, when they see you dating the prom queen they look at you and think "I wish he were with me with me".  But when they see you openly chasing someone that you know you can't have, they think "I'm sure glad that's not me he's bothering."

• Like 1

Just now, Artisi said:

I don't recall mentioning that the man should be the one to choose and decide what is right and wrong, however did you come up with that understanding from what I said, seems quite a stretch of your imagination. 

I think you mis-interpreted him.   He said "not (be rejected and) choose what is right and wrong" (my brackets).  If your mother didn't teach you what is right and wrong, your wife will, and if she doesn't, your girlfriend will, and God help you if your wife has to teach your girlfriend...

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

I don't recall mentioning that the man should be the one to choose and decide what is right and wrong

No, but you surely did sound like it. Now trying to squeeze yourself out of the pit you dug so well. Not working, huh?

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, but you surely did sound like it. Now trying to squeeze yourself out of the pit you dug so well. Not working, huh?

The antlion digs itself into a pit such that it can no longer be seen, and you would fully believe it had buried itself and given itself the last rites, until an unsuspecting victim passes by.

Then it changes its user name, and does the same again, only bigger and fatter.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sounded like in your estimation counts for nothing and you are now trying to justify your comment. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

The antlion digs itself into a pit such that it can no longer be seen, and you would fully believe it had buried itself and given itself the last rites, until an unsuspecting victim passes by.

Then it changes its user name, and does the same again, only bigger and fatter.

I am not really sure about what you are posting here? An antlion deep in a pit giving itself the last rites after burial, still seeing or feeling someone walking by? At the same time connected to internet changing some kind of user name. Then re-incarnation, getting big and eating to much?????

Are you sure everything is okay? Sounds like a very deep Covid-19 depression to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I am not really sure about what you are posting here? An antlion deep in a pit giving itself the last rites after burial, still seeing or feeling someone walking by? At the same time connected to internet changing some kind of user name. Then re-incarnation, getting big and eating to much?????

Are you sure everything is okay? Sounds like a very deep Covid-19 depression to me.

I'm just saying, he might know he's digging a hole, and how deep he needs to make it.
To you, it might look like a stretch of new tarmac, but it could be an elephant trap... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I'm just saying, he might know he's digging a hole, and how deep he needs to make it.
To you, it might look like a stretch of new tarmac, but it could be an elephant trap... 

Please, can someone move this comment to the health section!

• Like 1