Wasuthon is being deported back to Thailand by Danish authorities

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, 2long said:

I'm not denying for a second that the lady is his legal mother, and probably cares for him more than his natural mother did/does.

I was just biting at another member's post saying 'the boy's parents.'

She is his adopted (legal) mother, and that would make the Dane his adopted stepfather.

"I was just biting at another member's post saying 'the boy's parents".
And as that member correctly said, they are his parents. 

As for your "bite" (!), someone was once quoted as saying of another trying to "bite" that "it was like being savaged by a dead sheep".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

18 hours ago, Puccini said:
On 9/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, finnsk said:

...Can a forreigner in LOS get permanent residence in LOS because of mariage to a thai..

Yes, but you should go and discuss this in  visa form, I think.

Nonsense, foreigners definitely cannot get PR just by being married to a Thai woman.   It's you who should go to the Visa forum, or somewhere, and do some research before giving false information!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

I have a friend who (especially after a few beers) will not let ANYthing drop and HAS to be proven right, even when it's clear to everyone else that he's wrong or deranged or being pedantic. Oh, and he has to have the last word, as well.

An active poster on this thread reminds me of him. ????????????????????????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

And we as British feel the same way towards foreigners.

Well behaved people are welcome, people who wish to progress and work, provided they fulfill entry requirements are welcome, people in dire need of assistance such as genuine asylum seekers will be provided for and helped.

What the UK doesn't need is illegal economic migrants, boat people, and those coming to bleed the safety net system provided to help the vulnerable in the form of state benefits and accommodation for those in most need.

We also don't need nor want such people attempting to force their ways of life and belief systems on us when they are not compatible to the British way of life.

Kinda arrogant...Cherry picking...Western countries have for many years benefited from the status quo, being economically and military superior, but now, the world is shrinking due to globalisation.You cannot ask only for highly skilled individuals, some bad apples will always come, either illegaly or legally(through familiy reunification)

And who are those economic migrants, UK is so afraid of? Eastern europeans, the backbone of Brexit campaign?

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why is it impossible for the adoption documentation to be produced?

The Thai adoption documents are not accepted by the Danish authorities, and Guide cannot be adopted under Danish law.

Google-translation from Danish news article...

The Danish authorities do not acknowledge that Guide under Thai law has been adopted by his aunt Praphatsanun, who lives in Denmark with her Danish husband, Niels Jørgen. Therefore, the Home Travel Agency will now send Guide on to his grandmother who lives in Thailand.

But in Thailand, Guide is registered as adopted to his aunt in Denmark, and that puts him in a legal vacuum. Nevertheless, the Danish Travel Agency is adamant and will 'establish cooperation on repatriation', and they have therefore convened a Guide for a meeting.

[ ... ]

Despite countless attempts, the couple has been refused to adopt Guide according to Danish law - despite the fact that according to the decision from the Family Court, it is Guide's biological parents' wish that Guide is adopted by Niels Jørgen and Praphatsanun. Guide's biological parents were very young when they got him, and have at no time been able to take care of him.

Legal knot
The reason for the refusal is that Guide has a little brother in Thailand, who according to the authorities will be discriminated against if only one of them is adopted. Therefore, the couple has subsequently also applied to adopt both boys, not least because their grandmother is now old and according to the Danish authorities themselves have stated that she can not have both Guide and his brother living with her.

But they have also been refused because Guide's little brother has no affiliation with Denmark. And that decision has now put Guide in an impossible situation where he is caught between Danish and Thai rules.

Sad, but true...:crying:

• Sad 1

Can't we just agree, that danish authorities will do everything possible not to let this boy in Denmark?

One less foreigner, that's their motto.

I remember the reason they denied my application for permanent EU residence...Only because I had, for the first 6 months, some lucrative, though completely legal, tax scheme, they concluded, I kept my residence in my home country, despite being all the time in Denmark.I did not pursue any legal action, I could have done it, but I just waited until I got my ''full 5 years''.

Edited by drenddy

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

The Thai adoption documents are not accepted by the Danish authorities, and Guide cannot be adopted under Danish law.

Google-translation from Danish news article...

The Danish authorities do not acknowledge that Guide under Thai law has been adopted by his aunt Praphatsanun, who lives in Denmark with her Danish husband, Niels Jørgen. Therefore, the Home Travel Agency will now send Guide on to his grandmother who lives in Thailand.

But in Thailand, Guide is registered as adopted to his aunt in Denmark, and that puts him in a legal vacuum. Nevertheless, the Danish Travel Agency is adamant and will 'establish cooperation on repatriation', and they have therefore convened a Guide for a meeting.

[ ... ]

Despite countless attempts, the couple has been refused to adopt Guide according to Danish law - despite the fact that according to the decision from the Family Court, it is Guide's biological parents' wish that Guide is adopted by Niels Jørgen and Praphatsanun. Guide's biological parents were very young when they got him, and have at no time been able to take care of him.

Legal knot
The reason for the refusal is that Guide has a little brother in Thailand, who according to the authorities will be discriminated against if only one of them is adopted. Therefore, the couple has subsequently also applied to adopt both boys, not least because their grandmother is now old and according to the Danish authorities themselves have stated that she can not have both Guide and his brother living with her.

But they have also been refused because Guide's little brother has no affiliation with Denmark. And that decision has now put Guide in an impossible situation where he is caught between Danish and Thai rules.

Sad, but true...:crying:

This is a time when common sense should take over. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, khunPer said:
On 9/12/2021 at 1:48 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why is it impossible for the adoption documentation to be produced?

As I thought, it is not impossible for the Thai adoption documentation to be produced, as you claimed, it is the Danish authorities refusing to recognise the produced documents!  Big difference.

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As I thought, it is not impossible for the Thai adoption documentation to be produced, as you claimed, it is the Danish authorities refusing to recognise the produced documents!  Big difference.

Thanks for your thoughts, but I think you shall read the background again as you seemed to have missed what's it about, it's a case of the "impossible", and that's not my understanding, but how the Danes understand it, i.e. the news article I quoted wrote...

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

he is caught between Danish and Thai rules.

Both Denmark and Thailand are signatories to the Hague convention. The Hague Convention is clear on where the boy should be raised, Thailand.

In 2020 the family filed for a family adoption at the Agency of Family Law but got their case denied twice. The first time the ruling stated that Guide’s sense of belonging was more significant in Thailand than in Denmark. The second time the agency was referring to the Hague Convention statement on adoptions which reads that an adopted child should “first and foremost be helped to grow up in its home country”.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

21 hours ago, drenddy said:

Can't we just agree, that danish authorities will do everything possible not to let this boy in Denmark?

One less foreigner, that's their motto.

I remember the reason they denied my application for permanent EU residence...Only because I had, for the first 6 months, some lucrative, though completely legal, tax scheme, they concluded, I kept my residence in my home country, despite being all the time in Denmark.I did not pursue any legal action, I could have done it, but I just waited until I got my ''full 5 years''.

Here we see why you don't like the Danish people and Denmark

But we can't agree on the Danish authorities doing everything possible to not let Guide stay in Denmark.

Just let some time pass and I am sure that Guide will get residence in Denmark.

And that he will be more happy with Denmark and with its people than you are.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, perconrad said:

Here we see why you don't like the Danish people and Denmark

But we can't agree on the Danish authorities doing everything possible to not let Guide stay in Denmark.

Just let some time pass and I am sure that Guide will get residence in Denmark.

And that he will be more happy with Denmark and with its people than you are.

No, thats not the reason.I was just making a point.As long as there is a legal ground to refuse residence, they will use it.

And I dont like danes, because, basically, you are a bunch of arrogants "paysanos", brainwashed by Jante's law, with complete disregard to other cultures, there is no life in you people(finns are worse,  ????) and so desperate to be validated, even by the people, you think are inferior.

The country is ok, mate, you did actually good, comparing to Botswana, in many aspects, not the Center of Universe(like most danes believe), in fact a <deleted>hole in many other aspects.

Now, eat your rugbrød.

Edited by drenddy

Latest news sounds promising and it looks like there is still hope ????

Hopefully they don't deport him, while the adoption case is in process.

My english is not good enough on technical workds, so will google translate some of it from the danish newspaper today.

https://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samfund/kaempe-kovending-i-sag-om-udvist-tiaarig/8855214

The National Board of Appeal has chosen to overturn the Family Court's decision that Niels Jørgen and Praphatsanun may not adopt ten-year Guide
 according to Danish rules, which has always been what set the stage for whether Guide should stay in Denmark.

'The adoption of Wasuthon cannot be rejected on the ground that Chayapon and Wasuthon must be equated with each other. 
The sibling relationship between Chayapon and Wasuthon is thus not considered to be an obstacle to the completion of the adoption of Wasuthon, '

So far, it is unclear whether the Danish Travel Agency will continue to send out Guide Nielsen as long as the adoption case is being processed, 
but the family has now, for the first time in a long time, gained new hope.

- I am happy. I am very happy. I have goosebumps, says Praphatsanun Nielsen and comes shortly after with a pure cry of joy.

• Like 2