Bangkok on high alert for violence

george

sorry, but am I being really stupid?!

re verdict on Democratic Party

"They also said that a charge that the party violated the Election Act of MPs and Senators was moot - because the Sept 19 coup effectively nullified that law."

re verdict on TRT

"The court ruled that executives had committed political crimes, not criminal offence so the coup order could be retroactively enforced against them."

huh??!!! sounds like b0ll0cks.

Yup.

Then again, this outcome was of course already a done deal, coming down to the judges from the very top. Judhe Somchai just didn't do a very good job hiding it in something that made sense. What else is new, news at 11. :o

> Indeed, and I think a great day for Thailand, lets hope it doesn't turn to street demonstrations and violence.

Well, today's ruling certainly hasn't helped there. Millions and millions of voters now can't vote the way they would want to. The North East got a sniff at power and importance.. There's only so many times you can slap them in the face before they start slapping back.

> its kind of weird how many people in this thread are hoping for violence.

That's what it took in 1992. Writing's on the wall. I'm not hoping for violence, but there are things worse than violence.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images