Thailand begins mass vaccination of pregnant women

webfact

Pregnant-vaccine.jpg

The Ministry of Public Health will vaccinate as many as 100,000 pregnant women against COVID-19 between today (Monday September 13th) and October 13th, said Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha today.

He said that pregnant women are vulnerable as they are likely to develop severe symptoms, which may lead to death or cause premature birth, which will have long-term effects on the development of the babies and high medical bills.

According to a survey of COVID-19 infections among pregnant women, after 6 weeks of giving birth in the period after April 1st this year, 3,223 women were found to be infected, 73 died (2.26%) and 154 new-born babies were found to be infected (8.89%).

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-begins-mass-vaccination-of-pregnant-women/

Logo-top-.png

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that pregnant women are vulnerable as they are likely to develop severe symptoms, which may lead to death or cause premature birth, which will have long-term effects on the development of the babies and high medical bills.

So why have they been waiting 12 months for a vaccination?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Haven't they announced the all-out push to vaccinate vulnerable groups - including pregnant women - multiple times already?

And the numbers and descriptions are strange. They say that "Between August 29th and September 9th, only 68,435 pregnant women had been inoculated" (emphasis added), but that now they "will vaccinate as many as 100,000 pregnant women against COVID-19 between today (Monday September 13th) and October 13th". So going from an average of 5700 per day to an average of 3,333 per day is somehow an intensification of the program?

4 minutes ago, Thorix said:

It won't cause problems to the unborn, they; ll just won't born or live too long soon after. That the spike protein cross-react with the human placental protein syncytin 1 and thereby damage the placenta, is a proven fact.

Ok please some links from normal media not antivax ones. According to what i read there have been plenty of woman vaccinated without any serious extra side effects.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2021/08/26/five-reasons-to-get-the-covid-19-vaccine-if-youre-pregnant/

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2104983

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorix said:

Define "Normal media".
Do you mean "biased media" for mass compsumption? You won't probably find this information there, you may have to go to the source, like the health department of the country you want to research.
In the case of Thailand, it has gone dark since early 2020. You will not find the mortality figures for that year, for instance. Still to be released/cooked? Mmmm....
Anyway, before of castling in any standpoint, bear in mind that the CDC recently changed their criteria of what an unvaccinated person is. Let me show you this extract from their own source:

This means if you die within your first 14 days of having been inoculated, you'll be accounted as unvaccinated, regardless you complied to the experiment as the good citizen you were expected to be. Plenty of room for cheating here, but anyway, that's what the game is about. Cheat and deception.

From the source (page 1): https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/pdfs/mm7034e5-H.pdf

Bon apetit

In short a lot of deflections and half truths like expected from anti vaxers. Damm you guys really are lost

Of course you are unvaccinated after your first shot it takes 14 days to build up resistance. Damm are you really that thick or are you just acting. They don't use that unvaccinated term to get away from deaths from vaccination. They use it to show the difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who get the disease. Because the vaccines need time to work. Otherwise the antivaxers would use this to say vaccines are not working. 

So they just put the 14 days there and after that your protected and counted vaccinated but only for registration of people getting infected to see the difference vaccinated / not vaccinated. This has nothing to do with not wanting to register deaths because of vaccines.

When i got my vaccine this was clearly stated that the vaccine needs time to work (as do many other vaccines) so its logical to count someone as fully vaccinated 14 days after the second jab. 

Anyway you did not even reply to the question because you can't find credible sites because they don't show the misinformation your kind wants to spread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

In short a lot of deflections and half truths like expected from anti vaxers. Damm you guys really are lost

Of course you are unvaccinated after your first shot it takes 14 days to build up resistance. Damm are you really that thick or are you just acting. They don't use that unvaccinated term to get away from deaths from vaccination. They use it to show the difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who get the disease. Because the vaccines need time to work. Otherwise the antivaxers would use this to say vaccines are not working. 

So they just put the 14 days there and after that your protected and counted vaccinated but only for registration of people getting infected to see the difference vaccinated / not vaccinated. This has nothing to do with not wanting to register deaths because of vaccines.

When i got my vaccine this was clearly stated that the vaccine needs time to work (as do many other vaccines) so its logical to count someone as fully vaccinated 14 days after the second jab. 

Anyway you did not even reply to the question because you can't find credible sites because they don't show the misinformation your kind wants to spread.

I stopped reading with your first insult. That's everything people without arguments to defend the indefendible can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorix said:

I stopped reading with your first insult. That's everything people without arguments to defend the indefendible can do.

Good excuse not to again avoid the facts, then again antivaxer are truly skilled at using lies and half truths. No wonder they hate real science and real sources.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ericbj said:

Ah posted in a RELIGIOUS paper.. how suprising. What i find strange is that the guy has offered no evidence / facts / studies to back up his claims even when asked about it. How can any scientist make claims that are not backed up by studies.

Oh i forgot that is the anti vax way

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-skeptic-s-idUSKBN2BA179

6 minutes ago, katana said:

Seems they've forgotten about the lessons learned from the 1960s thalidomide scandal and what happened when doctors encouraged pregnant women to take it.

No we can never forget that, but you can't compare the two. talidomide is not a vaccine. So not sure why you compare the two. Your not the first to make the comparison though. But not sure why its made, besides to prove that things can go wrong with medicine. 

Below some explanation by people who make a far better argument then i can.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9802969269

7 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Must  impregnate the wife tonight as  no sign of any other  vaccine available for her

Good idea. If getting her pregnant will facilitate her access to vaccination, I will increase with pleasure "playtime" activities with my lovely woman too!  As they say, 2 birds with one stone!

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Good excuse not to again avoid the facts, then again antivaxer are truly skilled at using lies and half truths. No wonder they hate real science and real sources.

???? Ok, ok, you win. Just don't forget to contribute to the Greater Good with getting your jabs. That will make you feel better and safer.

Edited by Thorix

16 hours ago, johnarth said:

what a bloody mess totally unnecessary and no doubt will cause problems to the unborn children just hope the herd nurds and the people reasonable get their just rewards for this

Some Drs have expressed concerns that female babies of vaccinated pregnant women will not produce eggs , but we will have to wait a few years for that to be proven as a side effect, read that on Dr Sircus articles 

On 9/16/2021 at 6:48 AM, jacko45k said:

Fear mongering.

B. S.   This guy designed mRNA technology. Would think he knows what he is talking about.  In fact I seem to recall he quit his directors  job exactly because the company insisted on releasing this 'gene therapy' injection without required testing being completed. They have no idea what problems will appear, normal vaccine testing regimens take 5 to 7 years before final approval!!

• Like 2