Finally! TAT proposes end to quarantine for foreign tourists and simplification of area requirements

webfact

20 minutes ago, Caldera said:

It's still confusing and at this point nothing more than yet another proposal, but I hope they'll finally get their act together. 

they will never get the act together, only forced to follow others eventually once global travelling reboot at the end of 2022

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Fantastic? I was hoping for 'real' not fantasy...

The Phuket sandbox was smashed on the threads here as fantasy as well before becoming "real" 

There are going to be big changes if they hope to catch high season however we will have to wait for any final details. This TAT announcement would have half of it lost in translation alone as usual 

• Like 1

October 1 ? In 2 weeks ?

It's a joke, of course.

Enough to see for instance, the local authorities of Koh Tao... are imposing new restrictions (from 12 to 19 september : no dine in in restaurants etc.)... despite the fact that the province is "orange" (in Koh Samui the restaurant can open normally).

Source : https://www.facebook.com/samuiinfobynicha/photos/a.103090108015968/387158789609097/

Why ? How ? Nobody knows, and probably not even the local authorities (i guess they found a few "cases").

My point is : local authorities will probably derail all those grand "reopening plans".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The penny finally seems to have dropped at the Tourism Authority of Thailand, notes ASEAN NOW

Yeah I think someone at the TAT rad all my posts regarding the opening of the country and the are finally acting on it, now, i won't be surprise if soon, i'll get an invitation from the for some kind of prestigious award...

• Thanks 1

So, my house is in rural Thailand not anywhere near a tourist destination. Will I still have to ASQ, isolate at home or free to move. I'm double vaxed and have been away from my family for 7 months so far, I would really like to not have to ASQ again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Yeah I think someone at the TAT rad all my posts regarding the opening of the country and the are finally acting on it, now, i won't be surprise if soon, i'll get an invitation from the for some kind of prestigious award...

The golden key and permanent residence coming shortly I am sure. Wishing you the best.

6 minutes ago, davidkas said:

So, my house is in rural Thailand not anywhere near a tourist destination. Will I still have to ASQ, isolate at home or free to move. I'm double vaxed and have been away from my family for 7 months so far, I would really like to not have to ASQ again.

I’m sure it will all be revealed shortly. See what comes from this proposed meeting Friday. 

In the meantime everyone can resume the usual hysteria and make up their own versions. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Think that through. So let's just use Bangkok as one example. 

Are some bars going to be open for fully vaccinated tourists and also fully vaccinated expats that live in Thailand. 

So management checks some vaccination certificate at entrance? 

Will curfew apply to all equally? etc

Indeed if you really think it through until the full vaccine program is rolled out for all people visitors really shouldnt be making Thailand a destination of choice to much risk to many changing rules and entertainment venues not opening with normal facilities risk of a fine having beer with your supper utter minefield that needs clearing before any opening.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

For example the vaccination rate in Europe is 70-80%, Thailand 15%.

To play in Thailand as a foreigner, you must be fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR test before your trip.

Is this not enough? Would fully vaccinated foreigners further aggravate the infection? Absolutely NOT!

The tourists are fully vaccinated to 100%, Thais in the tourist areas to 70% (I have my doubts).

Which group is most at risk of spreading the infection? The answer is simple, Thais.

The tourists do not contribute to spreading the infection. If you are fully vaccinated you do not pose a problem. If fully vaccinated were a problem, the world would never be able to open up.

AND drop the stupid $100,00 USD scam Covid-19 insurance!!! 

actually being vaccinated doesn't mean you don't spread the disease, you keep spreading it, you simply do not have the severe symptoms, so fully vaccinated can still be contaminated, and to make things worse, they will be lockdown if they test positive, even with no symptoms. Why bother at the end?

Stay in your home country, safer ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The vaccine reduces the chances of infection.

it does but it varies from person to person, so it's impossible to make some kind of predictions on the infection rates of fully vaccinated,

you have to assume that you can be contaminated and you will contaminate others, and that's basically what has been observed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GrandPapillon said:

actually being vaccinated doesn't mean you don't spread the disease, you keep spreading it, you simply do not have the severe symptoms, so fully vaccinated can still be contaminated, and to make things worse, they will be lockdown if they test positive, even with no symptoms. Why bother at the end?

Stay in your home country, safer ????

A very small number of vaccinated individuals become infected and infectious.

That’s one of the purposes of vaccination.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, GrandPapillon said:

it does but it varies from person to person, so it's impossible to make some kind of predictions on the infection rates of fully vaccinated,

you have to assume that you can be contaminated and you will contaminate others, and that's basically what has been observed

There is plenty of data on infection numbers. Very few vaccinated individuals become infected and infectious.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

drive to vaccinate people can really be seen. Today, Pattaya City Hospital, jammed packed from both sides, all getting vaccinated, unsure what is happening in Banglamung Hospital or Chayarpuk stadium, Central also packed with foreigners getting jabbed. Not much distancing being followed, but all well organised, run and managed.

Very feasible to have majority vaccinated with at least 1 shot by the end of the month

28 minutes ago, davidkas said:

We have to stretch our willy in BKK or some other place 14 days before can go home! Place where have much more covid than in home town/village! Much more chance to get covid when waiting clearance to travel final destination than go there directly!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JayBird said:

No bars, no clubs, no gyms, curfew.

Required to stay in a designated hotel for 2 weeks or the duration of your stay if less.

Even if your condo and wife are next door.

I know, and so that is the reason why I did not travel back to the states.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1