Finally! TAT proposes end to quarantine for foreign tourists and simplification of area requirements

webfact

2 minutes ago, JayBird said:

No bars, no clubs, no gyms, curfew.

Required to stay in a designated hotel for 2 weeks or the duration of your stay if less.

Even if your condo and wife are next door.

You need to take love hotel few times/day whit your wife! If nothing else you can get off from pressure!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Double jabbed people are not immune, not according to any science I have seen anyway. You can catch and transmit covid, the vaccine reduces the chance of death or hospitalizations should you catch it. 

Shhhh.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

By entering the country they will have already proven that they have been double vaccinated, and there will be no curfew.

Go on believing that one...lol

Well, if you need to be double vaxxed as a tourist to enter the country do you not believe there will be a check on that?

And why would anyone, except with family here, want to come if there's a curfew?

So the way to attract tourists is by not telling them to go to bed by 21:00.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

By entering the country they will have already proven that they have been double vaccinated, and there will be no curfew.

I'm already in Thailand and I am still waiting to be vaccinated. 

Do the tourists have a stamp on their forehead to distinguish them from the unclean.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Actually they [tourists] aren't immune, either from contracting Covid or transmitting it but they are much less to. If they do contract Covid then the effects should be much less.

They will certainly be less of a danger than the untested and single-jabbed or no-jabbed Thais freely traveling in and out of the "sealed area."  that you mention. That would also apply to any foreigners living in Thailand who are in the same situation. 

I'm not sure it makes sense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm already in Thailand and I am still waiting to be vaccinated. 

Do the tourists have a stamp on their forehead to distinguish them from the unclean.

Yes, they will have to wear a yellow star on their clothes to show they've been vaccinated.

If you feel you'll be a threat to anyone by transmitting Covid, why would you go out and mix with these tourists? Or anyone else?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yes, they will have to wear a yellow star on their clothes to show they've been vaccinated.

If you feel you'll be a threat to anyone by transmitting Covid, why would you go out and mix with these tourists? Or anyone else?

I was here first. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, samtam said:

Exactly. What is a "foreign tourist"? Does this mean only non residents of Thailand, (including Thais)? Strewth, clarification of a clarification please!

There can be no clarification - it is just another brain fart full of incomprehensible jargon.

They either open up, and risk the consequences, or stayed closed down and accept the consequences. That is the stark choice which the utter Horlicks which they have made of vaccinating their own population has left them with.

Either way, it needs one brave decision. That is unlikely to happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Not stupid at all if it avoids ASQ.

Not ideal...................but most certainly a step forward.

Sorry but this is not a step in either directions: they are just renaming/rebranding a very difficult path for those who want to get back to Thailand and an impossible one for the real tourists. Those who have come back and will come back under this plan are not regular tourists. Sincerely, I do not see the difference between the ASQ and the sandbox from a financial point of view, nor withstanding the three tests imposed ... although I reckon that it is better to spend a couple of weeks outdoor 

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sounds like a quarantine in all but name to me !

It's all still nonsense. Drop everything other than flashing your vaccine proof - anything more and Thailand is going to be pondering why nobody is coming in 10 years from now

And limiting the movement throughout the country for those perspective travelers? 

The whole country needs to be open for travel for those who qualify.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And it appears that elimination of the bars and nightlife is exactly what the fake puritans are attempting to do. Let us hope they fail miserably, as they have with virtually everything else they have tried to do during their sorry lives, except amass fortunes. 

Thailand tourism was built by the girls, bars and beaches (all clean, of course).  Still got a long way to go…

Edited by Isaan sailor
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Double jabbed people are not immune, not according to any science I have seen anyway. You can catch and transmit covid, the vaccine reduces the chance of death or hospitalizations should you catch it. 

I think it's more than that, check your facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Double jabbed is not immune. It just means if you get a variant like Delta for example, you will be ill and isolate at home or hotel for (in UK 10 days). You are unlikely to need to go to hospital. I speak from experience. 

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 2