Travel to bangkok

malthebluff

I need a little info I am in surat thani but need to fly to bangkok for a few days.

1. What will the domestic  airline require 

2. And what will the require to get back to surat thani 

I have only had 1 vaccine so I dont have a covid passport or certificate yet

And I cant really put off this trip

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

What has the airline told you that you'll need?

Not said anything nd nothing in their site I have 3 cancelled flights with viet air so can only change the dates no money back so was going to use them but once I've changed dates and dont use the flight for any reason then I lose the flight and no money back. This is why I'm asking. I will use one way flights not return flights as I dont really know how long i will be in bangkok

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

Not said anything nd nothing in their site I have 3 cancelled flights with viet air so can only change the dates no money back so was going to use them but once I've changed dates and dont use the flight for any reason then I lose the flight and no money back. This is why I'm asking. I will use one way flights not return flights as I dont really know how long i will be in bangkok

What I don't understand is why you don't ask the airline what their travel requirements are.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What I don't understand is why you don't ask the airline what their travel requirements are.

Because it's not on their site that's why I am asking here. After all the question asked is for info and that is what I am asking to get nformation from others who have done it. 

So please dont reply if you haven't got a clue 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok, sorry for the suggestion.   I thought that they'd have a phone number where you could get an actual answer, silly me.

They only have email. And line chat I've had 3 flights cancelled by them and no refunds only allow 1 date change i have had many discussions with them but vietair policy no refunds and no help that's why I want to make sure I have everything because once i change date I cant do or get anything back from them. 

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's a Ministry Of Interior website, not Vietjet.   

https://skyfun.vietjetair.com/

I've read it a thousand times and got a thai person to read it. Theres nothing on it about what's needed like covid test where some other airlines say need a test. The number they give just does not work and the line chat they just send you a change of date sticker. No response from emails to.

I can get info on returning from bangkok and need a covid test for that but no info to get there so it looks like I got to have 2 covid tests for a quick 4 day trip 

No restrictions coming from Surat Thani to BKK. When going back, I would rent a car and drive to Surat. Last week I drove from Chiang Rai to Nakhon Si Thammarat and didnt see any manned checkpoints after Phayao/Phrae border or around that area.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, malthebluff said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"They only have email".  

Do you mean Viet Jet Air, 02 089 1909?

Try phone it

I did try, just now; after 9 minutes 32 seconds on hold on "3",  a lady named Jane answered and was able to help.  I'm sure that she'd do the same for you.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, Trek800 said:

No restrictions coming from Surat Thani to BKK. When going back, I would rent a car and drive to Surat. Last week I drove from Chiang Rai to Nakhon Si Thammarat and didnt see any manned checkpoints after Phayao/Phrae border or around that area.

Long drive must have taken you 15 hours.

I was thinking of driving there and back but have 3 flight vouchers.so didnt want to waste them. But looking at it with all the covid tests it will be probably cheaper driving 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did try, just now; after 9 minutes 32 seconds on hold on "3",  a lady named Jane answered and was able to help.  I'm sure that she'd do the same for you.

Great info thanks for that I feel the world is much better with people like you in it

6 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

try a different airline going the same place ,buy  an antigen test so u have it at the airport 250B come on mate

Its not the tests (if any)  I will get what ever tests they want from me.   it seems a waste of 3 flight vouchers if I use another airline even the through the cost of the flights is cheap its principle that they dont do cash refunds. It's trying to find out what I need to go and what I need to come back.

But it dosnt matter now as decided to drive

22 hours ago, malthebluff said:
On 9/16/2021 at 11:27 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Great info thanks for that I feel the world is much better with people like you in it

Well, at least I'm not wrongly stating that "they only have email" as you did initially and the phone "that never gets answered" actually does get answered if you bother to hold!     If you didn't want a way to get an answer to your questions, which was what I gave you, why on earth did you post the OP?   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, at least I'm not wrongly stating that "they only have email" as you did initially and the phone "that never gets answered" actually does get answered if you bother to hold!     If you didn't want a way to get an answer to your questions, which was what I gave you, why on earth did you post the OP?   

What dont you understand about the question it asked. for information and you haven't given any. Yet you spent time phoning the airline and writing about how you phoned the airline and not said what their response was. And all airlines have differant rules so are you going to call them all. Vietair have said dont need anything to go bangkok and to return to anywhere I have spoken to them at the airport. But that's not true because what is the point of having red zones. Other airlines say antigan test some say pcr tests  and that's called getting information as what I asked in the question.

Just now, malthebluff said:

What dont you understand about the question it asked. for information and you haven't given any. Yet you spent time phoning the airline and writing about how you phoned the airline and not said what their response was. And all airlines have differant rules so are you going to call them all. Vietair have said dont need anything to go bangkok and to return to anywhere I have spoken to them at the airport. But that's not true because what is the point of having red zones. Other airlines say antigan test some say pcr tests  and that's called getting information as what I asked in the question.

Also I did not state they dont have email I said they dont answer them along with line chat . Apart from sales talk and links to buy flights. Its automated response. But thank you for taking time to call them I'm sure you have much better things to do with your life

1 minute ago, malthebluff said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

What dont you understand about the question it asked. for information and you haven't given any. Yet you spent time phoning the airline and writing about how you phoned the airline and not said what their response was. And all airlines have differant rules so are you going to call them all. 

How can I ask them anything about your situation of which I know nothing?  What she said to me was irrelevant to you, my point was just that they do have a phone number (you said initially that they didn't, only email, that was false), and they do answer it.   

If you're flying with one airline, that's the airline to call, surely, why call others when you want the requirements for your airline?

i took a car, rather than deal with the flight situation.  it is too difficult to get info at this point.  i went bkk to buriram so only 5 hrs, not too bad.  it was nice to be out on the road after being confined to my room or immediate vicinity of such for most of the last the last 18 months.  there was a plexigas separator btwn the driver area and back seat of the SUV that i rode in.  that was a nice touch.  i'd like to fly back to bkk and i'm going to give it a shot.  we'll see what happens.  leaving in 5 days.