My Digital Passport Experience

HappyExpat57

15 minutes ago, internationalism said:

what time you were there?

I have my in 2 days. Opens 9-14.

What's the name of this appl in english?

I was at Central 10:30 a.m. I have no idea if there is an English name for this app - we are, after all, in LOS. Try this app after your 2nd jab and make sure you get that 13 digit number starting with "600000"

Edited by HappyExpat57

12 minutes ago, internationalism said:

what time you were there?

I have my in 2 days. Opens 9-14.

What's the name of this appl in english?

You can try to search for "Moh Prom", then the correct app should appear in the first few results... 
It's from "Ministry of Public Health.

On your Vaccine paper you also have a QR Code, which you can scan for example with the Line app, and then you also will see an Online certificate, which should be enough for restaurants and other places when they want see your vac status.
Only save the given link by the QR... 

The problem with Moh Prom is, that many have problems with this app (even many Thais complain).
I had 2 different problems myself, before I could use it.

1. Somehow my vaccination was not submited correctly.
2. The OTP for register with the Moh Prom app not arrived.

If you go check the facebook page of Moh Prom.... you will find many many complains

• Like 1

Just now, HampiK said:

You can try to search for "Moh Prom", then the correct app should appear in the first few results... 
It's from "Ministry of Public Health.

On your Vaccine paper you also have a QR Code, which you can scan for example with the Line app, and then you also will see an Online certificate, which should be enough for restaurants and other places when they want see your vac status.
Only save the given link by the QR... 

The problem with Moh Prom is, that many have problems with this app (even many Thais complain).
I had 2 different problems myself, before I could use it.

1. Somehow my vaccination was not submited correctly.
2. The OTP for register with the Moh Prom app not arrived.

If you go check the facebook page of Moh Prom.... you will find many many complains

All I know is I got my 2nd jab, downloaded/installed the Android app within two hours, and it worked fine.

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

All I know is I got my 2nd jab, downloaded/installed the Android app within two hours, and it worked fine.

So have I but  the icons when you click come up blank. Sure it shows details of my two covid jabs but that is about it.

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

So have I but  the icons when you click come up blank. Sure it shows details of my two covid jabs but that is about it.

There seems to be a temporary problem. Just now I couldn't open my Digital Health Pass and Vaccination Certificate either (both come back blank), but it worked before. Just another glitch?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

There seems to be a temporary problem. Just now I couldn't open my Digital Health Pass and Vaccination Certificate either (both come back blank), but it worked before. Just another glitch?

Yup, when I try to open both those the app closes, it did work before though.

24 minutes ago, Caldera said:

its not temp, this is what has been happening for long time already, as i mentioned in post above, might be due to number of users, and hopefully will be updated but as it stands now, its like winning a lotto for your pass to open, and hence why i screenshot mine when it worked, so at least i have that to show

I had the problem when I tried to open the vaccination certificate, the app closed. I was on the point of reloading the app when suddenly worked.

One tip -  when you open the certificate do not close it - close the app instead.  When you open the app again the certificate will still be there - most of the time anyway - even with no internet connection.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve tried multiple times to get the Mor Phrom to work, each and every time I get Error Code = 099.

Scanning the QR code on my certificate of vaccination issued at the hospital returns my records on the vaccination database.

Anyone else having this problem?

Haven’t had that, presumably you have got the OTP ?

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Haven’t had that, presumably you have got the OTP ?

No I don’t get that far.

ID No. and phone numbers correctly entered, returns error code = 099.

So I tried it with an alternative phone number and got the message ‘valid ID number does not match phone number in record’.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No I don’t get that far.

ID No. and phone numbers correctly entered, returns error code = 099.

So I tried it with an alternative phone number and got the message ‘valid ID number does not match phone number in record’.

Okay, initially I got a message that translated as:

“Notification number: Phone number not found in MOPHIC system, please contact the place where you received the vaccine number OK.”

I emailed Medpark to add my phone number to their records and they sorted it within the hour.

But, yours looks like a different problem, sorry.

12 hours ago, Excel said:

Checked this morning so every thing appears now so perhaps it was an overnight system update.

12 hours ago, BestB said:

You have forgotten one very important piece of information.

Screenshot that pass, because app crashes on daily basis and when you want to view the pass, app crashes again

I can only presume due to number of users and it will be fixed eventually, but then immigrations apps all crashed and never been fixed for over a year already.

So best to screenshot it when you lucky enough and app does not crash

I think you are probably right, number of users, it started working again okay after 9pm last night and is still okay this morning.

Took your advice and did a screenshot of the docs and saved onto phone.

12 hours ago, BestB said:

its not temp, this is what has been happening for long time already, as i mentioned in post above, might be due to number of users, and hopefully will be updated but as it stands now, its like winning a lotto for your pass to open, and hence why i screenshot mine when it worked, so at least i have that to show

Yes what I meant is that it's temporary in the sense that it just happens sometimes, while it works fine other times. Right now, for example, it's loading alright for me, after getting blank results yesterday evening.

I agree, definitely a good idea to take screenshots, otherwise there's no guarantee that you can show it when you might need to.

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Yes what I meant is that it's temporary in the sense that it just happens sometimes, while it works fine other times. Right now, for example, it's loading alright for me, after getting blank results yesterday evening.

I agree, definitely a good idea to take screenshots, otherwise there's no guarantee that you can show it when you might need to.

Also note there are 2 tabs in there. One is like a green pass which says vaccinated and another tab shows full info, full name, id number, passport number and date of vaccinations, even lot numbers. Screenshot that as well, just in case someone somewhere decides that just a green pass not enough. Second tab has all the info, including location of vaccinations 

Thinking again and looking at it again, i think its a scanned copy of your paper certificate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Also note there are 2 tabs in there. One is like a green pass which says vaccinated and another tab shows full info, full name, id number, passport number and date of vaccinations, even lot numbers. Screenshot that as well, just in case someone somewhere decides that just a green pass not enough. Second tab has all the info, including location of vaccinations 

Thinking again and looking at it again, i think its a scanned copy of your paper certificate.

Yes I agree. Have screenshots of all, but the Green "Vaccinated" page only says that...the vaccines and the dates,  but NOT your name (or passport number), 

That one could be produced by anyone....it's not identifying !

The Vaccination Certificate is identical to what Medpark gave me when I left. Full details. 

16 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Yes I agree. Have screenshots of all, but the Green "Vaccinated" page only says that...the vaccines and the dates,  but NOT your name (or passport number), 

That one could be produced by anyone....it's not identifying !

The Vaccination Certificate is identical to what Medpark gave me when I left. Full details. 

Yup, seems like overkill.

I have 6 screenshots in a “ vaccine “ folder on my phone now ( cert from Medpark + the green cert from the QR code. + four screen shots from the app ), goes hand in hand with the paperwork needed for immigration !! ( bank book and 12 months statement !! ).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, seems like overkill.

I have 6 screenshots in a “ vaccine “ folder on my phone now ( cert from Medpark + the green cert from the QR code. + four screen shots from the app ), goes hand in hand with the paperwork needed for immigration !! ( bank book and 12 months statement !! ).

I certainly would not think that either of these is a "Digital Passport ".

A total misnomer. 

One just says "vaccinated" and the other just a copy of the Certificate of Vaccination. 

I don't think that traveling to many destinations (overseas ) the former would count for anything,  the latter (certificate with all the details )  might ???

21 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

The only caveat - at the end of my application was a popup that was not intuitive, completely in Thai. I tried to swipe/copy so I could ask someone what it said, but it completed the process.

So it completed the process without doing anything with the pop-up.

19 hours ago, BestB said:

You have forgotten one very important piece of information.

Screenshot that pass, because app crashes on daily basis and when you want to view the pass, app crashes again

I can only presume due to number of users and it will be fixed eventually, but then immigrations apps all crashed and never been fixed for over a year already.

So best to screenshot it when you lucky enough and app does not crash

They can't fix 90 day reporting after how many years... this is doomed from the start.

As I understand it, the Brits have abandoned the concept. The French & the Aussies are scratching their heads and wondering how to make it actually work in practice (security enforcers everywhere?) ...

Wait a month and it will all disappear. Meantime I'm just using the lovely Thailand National Certificate they gave me at Rajabhat University in Muaeng Surin this morning. Not that expect to actually use it for anything at all here in south Surin ...