Bangkok reopening: Year end cash injection awaits though exactly when remains in the air

webfact

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile the Thai Hoteliers' Association want the latest October 15th reopening plan speeded up to October 10th.

The reason for this was to take advantage of public holidays. October 13th is a memorial day to mark the death of HM Rama IX.

But the Tourism Authority of Thailand cautioned that that would not be possible.

Their reason being that 70% of the city's residents would not have been vaccinated in time. 

I cannot believe that in three days they will vaccinate sufficient people to make any noticable difference!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fangless said:

I cannot believe that in three days they will vaccinate sufficient people to make any noticable difference!

Well the Governor of Bangkok has poured cold water on the 15th October re-opening touted by TAT...(oh, I like that, "touted by TAT"), yesterday or the day before, on the basis of needing 70% of the population [fully] vaccinated, which seems sensible. Currently only 40% are, but 70% will be by 22nd October, (not sure why it's so specific). So, the question mark dangles over any dates between 22nd October and the end of Neverember.

• Like 1

This whole thing is just farcical, they will be very lucky to have anything open by the years end, the new daily case rate here in Chonburi province hovers around the 1000 a day rate, 900 + here, 900+ there, 900+ everywhere, with a corresponding death rate, meanwhile they continue to hold super spreader events, thinly disguised as vaccination events.

I despair I really do.

10 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

It would appear no one is really steering this clown car.

"ASEAN NOW notes that as far as the Thai government's pandemic plans and those of its organisations goes, calling anything a "sure thing" is wishful thinking. " Yeah, right!