Shocked at Pattaya

Pdavies99

Don't be too concerned, they are well looked after. Regular food deliveries by nice people that care.

This is probably why Pattaya has so many homeless, we have too many nice people here.

Most are from other provinces,  other parts of Thailand. They choose to stay here for the benefits.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Those videos just highlight the negative stuff, often you see the same homeless several times on the video. Pattaya is safe. I did wonder a year+ ago if Thais would start robbing etc but it never happened, still as safe as it was pre covid, maybe safer as no ladyboy thefts

thais would start robbing .. they've never stopped stars at birth i think..

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mauroest said:

and what is the help that the Buddhist church and the monks give to people during this pandemic?

Beggars/poor people can get fed at any temple on condition that the monks have already eaten and there is food left over. Dunno if the dogs get priority over beggars.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 2

This is not shocking. The economy is absolutely devastated, and few really want to discuss it. Unemployment could be as high as 40% right now. Alot of pain and suffering. 

Phiphat and Prayuth, you have made history. 100 years from now, in the hospitality industry classes at the university level, they will still be teaching about you, as the men who presided over the once great industry of tourism, the men who helped destroy the industry millions depended upon. They will talk about you when the students are visiting the hollowed out shells, of once formerly great hotels, as the men who helped precipitate the demise and decline of Thailand, from the tiger of SE Asia (and at one time the 21st largest economy in the world) to a whiny, sickly, skinny, disease infested alley cat, on it's last legs. And on par with Burundi, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Yemen, and Sierra Leone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Those videos just highlight the negative stuff, often you see the same homeless several times on the video. Pattaya is safe. I did wonder a year+ ago if Thais would start robbing etc but it never happened, still as safe as it was pre covid, maybe safer as no ladyboy thefts

Anyone who has spent any time in Thailand knew the Thais wouldn't debase themselves and resort to a life of crime, even when times get tough.  Thailand is not like Detroit, Chicago, or parts of London.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, mauroest said:

and what is the help that the Buddhist church and the monks give to people during this pandemic?

They are called Wats or temples, not churches... churches are where people go to eat wafers and drink wine that is supposed to be a representation of blood and stuff... 

People can go to the temples and be fed and stay there if they like. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

The way things are in Thailand.

'The Elite', government, business etc can gorge on tax/public money.

For very many ordinary Thais it's a 'self-sufficiency economy', in other words, they're on their own.

IMO that's the way it always was. I'm surprised any on here think it should be like a welfare society, when it never has been.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Anyone who has spent any time in Thailand knew the Thais wouldn't debase themselves and resort to a life of crime, even when times get tough.  Thailand is not like Detroit, Chicago, or parts of London.

Seriously? Ever read a Thai newspaper, and just who is filling the jails to overcapacity?

• Like 2

On 9/20/2021 at 6:40 PM, Pdavies99 said:

will it be safe to walk down the Soi's at night bar hopping? I ask this as in some countries it is very easy to be mugged etc when places get badly run down. What do you think?

You need to watch more recent videos.  There has been no Bar hopping in 5 months now.  

For safety, just find a local freelancer. and have her walk home, ride songthaew with you

She will take your money as well, but you will get many pleasures and some companionship in exchange 555  

Life is Good

Peace

13 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Another ill informed post.

The UK is not 'full to the brim with homeless and street people.'

No one needs to be homeless in my part of the UK.

If you cause trouble in the hostels then that is your problem and you will not be welcome.

The UK government implemented a guaranteed 70% of wages furlough scheme during the pandemic.

It has been recognised as one of the most generous worldwide.

What has Thailand done for it's citizens?

Nothing.

Who feeds the homeless in Pattaya?

A lot of expat farang business owners who get no help or support from the Thai government.

Thailand good, UK bad is a tedious narrative trotted out on this forum daily.

I like to split my time between both.

You should know better.

I should know better than experiencing my life here in los, having property in 3 areas and including running a business with 6 outlets. My opinion of Thailand is correct from my perspective, if you have a different view I accept that. You may have noticed that forums can be made up of opinions.

You then point out , I presume quite accurately that 'no one needs to be homeless in my part of the UK'  which I accept; now let me have your first hand knowledge of all the other areas in the UK.

My comment was to contrast the original post that mentioned there were large numbers of homeless in Pataya and as I stayed in the City last week and only saw 1 then I challenge you to explain why you believe my post was 'ill informed'.

There are many great aspects to the UK , I'm not so sure that paying people to sit at home being unproductive is going to play out well financially in the long run, but again that's my opinion.  

What has Thailand done for its citizens?

'....ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.”  Springs to mind.