COVID-19: Coronavirus cases in Thailand drop for the fifth consecutive day

webfact

Vajira Hospital administers Pfizer to 12-18 year-old with 7 underlying conditions:

Vajira Hospital on Tuesday offered the Pfizer vaccines for teenagers aged between 12-18 years old with 7 underlying conditions.

The hospital was able to roll out 1,500 jabs on the day, with 800 people receiving their first doses and 700 receiving their second doses.

Bangkok governor Asawin Kwanmuang was also present in overseeing the vaccine roll-out at the hospital, which is located in Samsen Road, Dusit District in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Malaysian-Thailand business chamber donates oxygen concentrators to Thai hospital

BANGKOK, Sept 21 (Bernama): The Malaysian-Thai Chamber of Commerce (MTCC) has come forward to do its part in helping to fight the Covid-19 pandemic in the kingdom.

Joining hands with Singapore-Thai Chamber of Commerce (STCC), both chambers had donated 10 oxygen concentrators to Srindhorn Hospital in Bangkok.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/09/21/malaysian-thailand-business-chamber-donates-oxygen-concentrators-to-thai--hospital

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Its no longer a mandatory requirement to be hospitalized if testing positive, this is reserved for those who urgently need medical care and or are willing to to be in hospital surrounded by other covid patients with little separation.

If you use a antigen kit at home you dont have to report the results or go to hospital unless willing.

But even with number of positive antigen tests, the numbers are lower. 

More to the point, there never has been a requirement for asymptomatic people to go to an acute care facility. And my question was why are there fewer people in acute care hospitals?  Antigen tests don't explain that. 

Edited by Danderman123

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

But even with number of positive antigen tests, the numbers are lower. 

More to the point, there never has been a requirement for asymptomatic people to go to an acute care facility. And my question was why are there fewer people in acute care hospitals?  Antigen tests don't explain that. 

Ar one point if you remember that once a person tested positive they were admitted into a hospital. Once the hospitals started to fill they then introduced field hospitals. Have you forgotten already.

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: 10,912 confirmed cases, 6,593 probable cases, and 143 deaths (1.04%). Out of 131,655 patients , 41,908 are in hospital, 68,084 in ‘hospitel’ and 14,969 in home/community isolation. 3,548 in a serious condition (-34) with 759 on ventilators (-14) #Thailand #COVID19

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1440117441808396292

The number of Infections at 17,512, is well above the Monthly average of around 14,000 per Day ( PCR and ATK combined )

A strange anomaly is the ATK tests for the Month of Sept seem to peek about every 8 Days with some massive spikes in reported tests that may be positive.

I have no idea why this should be

Thailand approves $807 mln relief measures, extends travel scheme

BANGKOK, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Thailand's cabinet approved on Tuesday a further 27 billion baht ($807.17 million) in relief measures and extended a scheme to boost domestic travel to the end of February, as the government deals with the country's biggest coronavirus outbreak to date.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-approves-807-mln-relief-measures-extends-travel-scheme-2021-09-21/

Spot the error.

Conditions Set for Bangkok Reopening

BANGKOK, Sept 21 (TNA) – Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang sets three conditions for the reopening of the capital to welcome tourists, saying they were based on public safety.

According to him, 70% of Bangkok people must first receive at least two doses of COVID-19 vaccines. He expected the targeted vaccine coverage to be achieved by Oct 22. Vaccine recipients would then have to wait 7-14 days for antibody stimulation as required by medical authorities.

The second condition was a decline in new daily COVID-19 cases which were ranging between 2,700 and 2,800 for the time being and the third condition was a decrease in new COVID-19 patients being admitted to hospitals, the Bangkok governor said.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-785151

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ar one point if you remember that once a person tested positive they were admitted into a hospital. Once the hospitals started to fill they then introduced field hospitals. Have you forgotten already.

That was long before this current wave, and does not answer why acute care hospital admissions are lower now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

That was long before this current wave, and does not answer why acute care hospital admissions are lower now. 

It was not long before this current wave as you say. It only stopped around the end  of July, if you would do some research, and then you can see that that is when they added giving them medicines as well for in-home use such as the green Charia and Favipiravir .  They then started with the ATK kits and isolation shortly thereafter as the numbers climbed. Read the article to understand more Sir.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-comprehensive-guide-to-home-and-community-isolation-in-thailand/

Edited by ThailandRyan

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Spot the error.

BANGKOK, Sept 21 (TNA) – Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang sets three conditions for the reopening of the capital to welcome tourists, saying they were based on public safety.

According to him, 70% of Bangkok people must first receive at least two doses of COVID-19 vaccines. He expected the targeted vaccine coverage to be achieved by Oct 22. Vaccine recipients would then have to wait 7-14 days for antibody stimulation as required by medical authorities.

The second condition was a decline in new daily COVID-19 cases which were ranging between 2,700 and 2,800 for the time being and the third condition was a decrease in new COVID-19 patients being admitted to hospitals, the Bangkok governor said.

And there I was getting all excited about the perspective ???? ???? Let-s hope that Pattaya and Hua Hin will not be as picky and I will be able to reach any of these places via Bkk since the Phuket scheme does not allow us to do so

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It was not long before this current wave. It only stopped around the end  of July if you would do some research and see that that is when they added giving them medicines.  They then started with the ATK kits and isolation shortly thereafter as the numbers climbed. Read the articlevto understand more Sir.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-comprehensive-guide-to-home-and-community-isolation-in-thailand/

Why are acute hospital admissions lower now than in August? 

1 minute ago, milys said:

I can't understand why they think now is a good time to try experimenting with methods we don't use in the west.

They made a mess of it already, why not play safe..

It unfortunately comes down to finances and desperation for the economy and peoples livelihoods at this point and apparently they are willing to take the gamble and huge risk that Covid will not explode in the country.

25 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Spot the error.

The obvious error being the lack of clear metrics. 

Stating that a decline in hospital admissions is a prerequisite without specifying a number is not useful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Why are acute hospital admissions lower now than in August? 

Is that not obvious?, the cases are trending downward as far as people needing that emergent care, but the numbers are still way to high for comfort in my view and it would not take much to kick the cases upwards again.  Could it be that vaccines are actually working here in Bangkok? or is it also because the bubble and seal campaign is still in effect and which is not discussed but hidden these days.  Are those folks being treated at the new Hospitels and newly created ICU's such as the one at Suvarnabhumi airport and Don Muang? We will or may never know because they have stopped in updating those.  Hiding numbers is the name of the game and always has been.  However, that is just my view and you know how I feel about the lack of transparency and true testing outside of what has been shown.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, hackjam said:

Now that is interesting.

Is there a certain amount of snobbery attached to anything made in China??

Different variant in Chile maybe, or counting infections in a different way.  Or perhaps in Chile they still have some social distancing?

Or, yes for sure the Pfizer is good but maybe not nearly as good as the hype.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can someone confirm curfew end Sept 30. Intel from gf. 

I was told that the rules in place under the CCSA will cease but new rules will be put in place by the Group overseeing the Communicable Disease Act which will be the new power player and run by MOPH.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Spot the error.

That will get them booking their flights by the million.

No one is travelling to Thailand under these flip flop arrangements.

76 different provinces with 76 bosses.

Chaos in motion.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is that not obvious?, the cases are trending downward as far as people needing that emergent care, but the numbers are still way to high for comfort in my view and it would not take much to kick the cases upwards again.  Could it be that vaccines are actually working here in Bangkok? or is it also because the bubble and seal campaign is still in effect and which is not discussed but hidden these days.  Are those folks being treated at the new Hospitels and newly created ICU's such as the one at Suvarnabhumi airport and Don Muang? We will or may never know because they have stopped in updating those.  Hiding numbers is the name of the game and always has been.  However, that is just my view and you know how I feel about the lack of transparency and true testing outside of what has been shown.

Wait… you are saying that patients in the new acute care facilities are not being counted?

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Wait… you are saying that patients in the new acute care facilities are not being counted?

If you want to count the field hospital or new facilities as an acute care facility as in it being an actual hospital then I stand corrected.  I thought you were talking about just the Hospitals acute care facilities themselves.  On top of that are they treating the migrants in the bubble and seal facilities and counting them in the critical care counts? How about the prisoners that are needing critical care, are those facilities being listed, and are they being counted in the stats? These unfortunately are all questions that only the government can answer.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Still beyond me why fully vaccinated arrivals are deemed a risk and need 4 (four) pcr tests.  

I agree, as they are treated differently then those double vaccinated travelers who are travelling domestically.  It appears they may be a source of money, or better yet they want to see if they were possibly infected here by either an unvaccinated worker or vaccinated worker in the Sandbox type area.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you want to count the field hospital or new facilities as an acute care facility as in it being an actual hospital then I stand corrected.  I thought you were talking about just the Hospitals acute care facilities themselves.  On top of that are they treating the migrants in the bubble and seal facilities and counting them in the critical care counts? How about the prisoners that are needing critical care, are those facilities being listed, and are they being counted in the stats? These unfortunately are all questions that only the government can answer.

Let’s be clear here.

Field hospitals as defined recently in Thailand are for asymptomatic patients, who are counted differently than acute care patients.

Recently, Thailand has thrown up new acute care facilities, which in other countries, would be called field hospitals. These ad how facilities handle acute infections.

So, there is a difference between a quarantine facility, like a field hospital or hospital, and an acute care facility.

which brings me back to my question about the reduction since August in the number of acute care patients. Is it a real reduction, and, if so, why is there a reduction, or are the real numbers of acute care patients hidden?

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Let’s be clear here.

Field hospitals as defined recently in Thailand are for asymptomatic patients, who are counted differently than acute care patients.

Recently, Thailand has thrown up new acute care facilities, which in other countries, would be called field hospitals. These ad how facilities handle acute infections.

So, there is a difference between a quarantine facility, like a field hospital or hospital, and an acute care facility.

which brings me back to my question about the reduction since August in the number of acute care patients. Is it a real reduction, and, if so, why is there a reduction, or are the real numbers of acute care patients hidden?

As I said only the government can answer that question. There have been many folks who have been released from the hospitals and acute care facilities still using oxygen and needing medical support which is being handled via a facility which was set up to monitor those patients at home.  

• Like 1