When Pattaya opens to foreign tourists, city plans to focus on Indians and Russian visitors first

snoop1130

1 minute ago, chalawaan said:

Whut? The baht is what Thailand use, what it converts from is irrelevant. Also Both those nations have several globally renowned oligarchs. Those titans won't berth their boats at bali hai this week, but it's the sheer numbers from these places are what the hapless TAT are hoping for.

Yes, I know that Thailand use baht. Thanks for the heads up Popeye. You don´t think it´s the currency they can take from their home country that they are going to spend in Thailand? Maybe you think they are all baht investors. ????DUH!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, I know that Thailand use baht. Thanks for the heads up Popeye. You don´t think it´s the currency they can take from their home country that they are going to spend in Thailand? Maybe you think they are all baht investors. ????DUH!

Back to your Weissbier Gottfrid, have a guten abend! ????

2 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

MMMM - Chicken Tikka is an English dish - hard to find in India, Sauerkraut is German (hence the word Kraut in WW2)

But I get your

Yet, contrary to common perception, sauerkraut did not originate in Germany. Sauerkraut, a term which is made up of the German words sauer (sour) and kraut (cabbage), it is a Chinese invention and as much a French/Alsatian specialty as it is truly Irish.

sense

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr. Boonanan Pattanasin, the president of the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association.....

Blah, blah, yak yak, yada yada yada....I am here to officially announce I want only Russians and Indians....no stupid Americans or dirty British I don't like them yada yada yada.....

Now take my picture....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

So they'll be given a choice, it's a free Chicken Tikka or a Rye bread with fried sauerkraut at a restaurant near your hotel. 

you've obviously never been to india, indian food in the uk is generally good, indian food in india is sensationsal, and you'll be hard pressed to find a restaurant serving chicken tikka

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Rye bread and pickled cabbage are found across Europe, he used the German name is all.

Tikka is about as English as the Taj Mahal. Maybe you had too much IPA this afternoon?

Whut? The baht is what Thailand use, what it converts from is irrelevant. Also Both those nations have several globally renowned oligarchs. Those titans won't berth their boats at bali hai this week, but it's the sheer numbers from these places are what the hapless TAT are hoping for.

Indeed. They may spend sweet FA but if there are enough of them, the right people get to clean up.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Pattaya Business and Tourism Association (PBTA) plans to focus on Indian and Russian tourists first when the city is open to vaccinated foreign tourists.

They can focus on who they want, it won't change who actually wants to come.

• Like 1