Alcohol

sambum

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Point is you said you bought two cans of beer for your drive home. Now you could be trolling but many will assume that you drink and drive. If you do then your a total selfish douchebag and putting others at risk. However its quite likely that you don't drink and drive but maybe are a passenger or something like that. 

I mean who would admit to drinking and driving except evenkeel who has done so in the past and sees no problem in it.

I don't care what kind of drugs and alcohol people use, their problem but the moment it puts others at risk because they operate a vehicle they lose all my respect. Drink yourself to the limit use the drugs you want not my problem wont condemn it either. However if you bother others while doing so then its a different story.

Yeah I do drink and drive, Two cans each day on my way home from work.

Was that not obvious in my previous post ?

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I drink and drive on a regular basis. And its perfectly legal up to a certain point. There is no science or numbers suggesting that its putting anyone at risk? Depending on how much you drink of course.

We actually bought a couple of different testers a while back after a discussion.  I find i can have 5 or 6 beers over a few hours without crossing the limit.

2 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

I drink and drive on a regular basis. And its perfectly legal up to a certain point. There is no science or numbers suggesting that its putting anyone at risk? Depending on how much you drink of course.

We actually bought a couple of different testers a while back after a discussion.  I find i can have 5 or 6 beers over a few hours without crossing the limit.

Depends a bit indeed on how much you drink but its still illegal, not that i care about it. But the legal limit is 50mg/dl that is around 2 glasses. But depends on time and person.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 12:50 PM, robblok said:

Just to confirm are you saying you drink alcohol while you are the driver of a car or motorbike ? 

I mean in that case your just a complete selfish douchebag. 

If your just twisting words to get a response then well done. 

I dont drink while riding the bike, it is too powerful and requires both hands on the bars at al times.

I do drink a cold beer on my home from a long hard day at work, this beer is consumed by my whilst Iam the sole occupant of the vehicle.

Not as though Iam blind rotten drunk behind  the wheel.

FWIW, Been through numerous police road stops and been breath tested on my way home from work (well not since they stopped the road blocks last year) and every time the police machine comes back with a reading well below 0.05%.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Pravda said:

Lets try this.

What is it with forum posters obsession with the banning of alcohol?

If this soldiers government hate alcohol, why don't they send the police go out and arrest these guys who are drunk and incapable in public with a fine and a night in the cells? 

I emphasis again, drunk and "incapable" in public.

And of course their are the many drunk drivers and motorbike riders out on the roads, and the soldiers don't seem to be giving the police any encouragement to want to do anything about that either.

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Your eyes painted on ?

I dont drink while riding the bike, it is too powerful and requires both hands on the bars at al times.

I do drink a cold beer on my home from a long hard day at work, this beer is consumed by my whilst Iam the sole occupant of the vehicle.

Still no seeing the reason for the vile name calling, Not as though Iam blind rotten drunk behind  the wheel.

FWIW, Been through numerous police road stops and been breath tested on my way home from work (well not since they stopped the road blocks last year) and every time the police machine comes back with a reading well below 0.05%.

Bet they did not see you drinking beer as that would set you back for a nice amount.

If its below the 0.05% then sure no problem for me. I find it a fine line i would never use any drug alcohol included when operating a vehicle. I lost someone who also thought it was ok to drink and drive, so im not exactly happy with people who drink and drive.

Now if you stay under the legal limit then your legal and i should refrain from calling you that. Still its not about blind rotten drunk or not its about legal limits. 

Anyway legally your not allowed to drink and drive in Thailand, but i find being over the limit the problem.

So i apologize about calling you douchebag, though i really wonder about those that drink and drive how often they really stop at their 2 beers ect. 

• Like 1

Bars/nightclubs were closed in many places for months including the U.K., it was too stop people congregating and spreading Covid, unfortunately alcohol removes some people’s inhibitions so if certain rules were in place to keep the said places open there would always be a minority who wouldn’t adhere to them.

Similar in Thailand where did the previous spike begin, in the Bars and Clubs in Bangkok so they were closed nationwide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Bars/nightclubs were closed in many places for months including the U.K., it was too stop people congregating and spreading Covid, unfortunately alcohol removes some people’s inhibitions so if certain rules were in place to keep the said places open there would always be a minority who wouldn’t adhere to them.

Similar in Thailand where did the previous spike begin, in the Bars and Clubs in Bangkok so they were closed nationwide.

Bars and nightclubs.....   at one point in the UK people were not permitted to visit other households, then the restrictions were gently eased, members from two difference households etc could remain in a bubble, or could visit another household, but only remain outside (i.e. BBQ in the garden etc), as the UK opened up, Restaurants and Pubs could open and serve beer / wine with meals. 

Thus: we are not discussing that ‘Bars and Nightclubs’ should be open to serve beer and wine etc... but that Restaurants where people can already visit and eat should not be prevented from allowing people to have beer with their dinner. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Bars and nightclubs.....   at one point in the UK people were not permitted to visit other households, then the restrictions were gently eased, members from two difference households etc could remain in a bubble, or could visit another household, but only remain outside (i.e. BBQ in the garden etc), as the UK opened up, Restaurants and Pubs could open and serve beer / wine with meals. 

Thus: we are not discussing that ‘Bars and Nightclubs’ should be open to serve beer and wine etc... but that Restaurants where people can already visit and eat should not be prevented from allowing people to have beer with their dinner. 

If they can serve alcohol in restaurants why not in a Bar, limit the number of customers the same as they do in restaurants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Thailand, a failed state? What nonsense! Go visit Somalia, Haiti, Libya Chad or Syria. Then come back and try saying that again.

Thailand has been getting more of a Banana Republic than a failed state since the soldiers stole the country in 2014.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I do drink and drive, Two cans each day on my way home from work.

Was that not obvious in my previous post ?

Yes it's obvious, but also unbelievable that anyone could carry on doing that and boast about it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its  not legal your not allowed to drink and drive in Thailand 

https://www.richardbarrow.com/2012/08/now-illegal-to-drink-beer-in-vehicles-in-thailand/#:~:text=No-one is allowed to,or a 60%2C000 Baht fine.

No-one is allowed to drink alcohol in a vehicle, even if its parked by the side of the road. The exception is if its in front of your house. If caught you could face up to 6 months in prison and/or a 60,000 Baht fine. 

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

To be precise, when i said "drink and drive". I'm not drinking while riding a Motorcycle. I dont even think i have had a beer in my car. If i feel the urge i will stop and drink it roadside next time. That will keep me covered.

Its a popular moralistic stance to take, this: "if you drink and drive you are this and that".

Although it does not necessarily impose a risk to anyone. And its completely normal and legal in certain countries far more developed than Thailand actually.

Edited by MajorTom
double quote

39 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Your eyes painted on ?

Still no seeing the reason for the vile name calling, Not as though Iam blind rotten drunk behind  the wheel.

Unless I've missed something, you did say that you have two cans of alcohol to drink while you are driving home. That is very irresponsible behaviour, and is bound to affect your reflexes in an emergency situation, but you won't feel that way until it actually happens.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not really I just got good memory and crazy stuff stand out. I mean admitting to going to bars  drinking and then driving back home because you think taxis are to expensive. 

So no not a fan just a good recollection of stupid things. 

Forget it robblok because people like these idiot just don't care and they never will until it is their family that is killed in a vehicle accident that a driver like these idiots has caused and I am talking from over 25 years experience of removing the bodies of men, women and children that have been killed by these type of irresponsible people.

• Like 2

Just now, MajorTom said:

To be precise, when i said "drink and drive". I'm not drinking while riding a Motorcycle. I dont even think i have had a beer in my car. If i feel the urge i will stop and drink it roadside next time. That will keep me covered.

Its a popular moralistic stance to take, this: "if you drink and drive you are this and that".

Although it does not necessarily impose a risk to anyone. And its completely normal and legal in certain countries far more developed than Thailand actually.

Most countries have a legal limit at least the civilized ones. These legal limits are there to protect people nothing moralistic about it. I have done drugs in my country (legal) but never ever when driving. Its just selfish, now as long as your under the legal limits I don't care much.

But there are enough people who dont stop at the limit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Not really I just got good memory and crazy stuff stand out. I mean admitting to going to bars  drinking and then driving back home because you think taxis are to expensive. 

So no not a fan just a good recollection of stupid things. 

Now you're simply making stuff up about expensive taxis. So you don't drink but can you envision a man going out to a local, having 3-4 beers and going home. Regardless of how near or far away home is. See you can't. Because in your world drinking is synonymous with getting <deleted>, sh*t faced, tore up and stumbling over to my scoopi and killing a family of 5. I'll guarantee you every foreigner here who goes out for 3-4 beers sees absolutely nothing wrong  with this because the majority of drinkers have done this. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If they can serve alcohol in restaurants why not in a Bar, limit the number of customers the same as they do in restaurants.

Because a bar is designed for people moving around and mingling, social interaction which is lubricated with alcohol. 

Whereas a restaurant involves people sitting down and eating.

There is an obvious difference between the two, an obviously difference in the mindset of visiting one compared to the other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Forget it robblok because people like these idiot just don't care and they never will until it is their family that is killed in a vehicle accident that a driver like these idiots has caused and I am talking from over 25 years experience of removing the bodies of men, women and children that have been killed by these type of irresponsible people.

I lost a friend because of a driver who had consumed alcohol and still got in his car. Its just sad that people put their selfish needs first and then kill innocent people. Too bad that the punishment in the Netherlands is not that strict.

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Given the number of people who are killed in accidents that don't involve drink, I think it would be better to ban the motor vehicles.  Why only address half the problem? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Now you're simply making stuff up about expensive taxis. So you don't drink but can you envision a man going out to a local, having 3-4 beers and going home. Regardless of how near or far away home is. See you can't. Because in your world drinking is synonymous with getting <deleted>, sh*t faced, tore up and stumbling over to my scoopi and killing a family of 5. I'll guarantee you every foreigner here who goes out for 3-4 beers sees absolutely nothing wrong  with this because the majority of drinkers have done this. 

In my book drinking is ok just not when you drive a car or bike. I am not bothered with anyone getting drunk or not. Their choice not my problem.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

I lost a friend because of a driver who had consumed alcohol and still got in his car. Its just sad that people put their selfish needs first and then kill innocent people. Too bad that the punishment in the Netherlands is not that strict.

It took time but now in Australia if you are caught eating or drinking anything whilst you are actually driving a vehicle you are put off the road and get a hefty fine as well, because whilst eating and drinking when actually driving you do not have full control of the vehicle that you are driving, thus even drinking hot coffee and you have to hit the brakes in an emergency and that hot coffee spills in your lap and causes a split second reaction by you that has now cost the lives of an innocent father, mother and 2 young children aged 5 and 8 years

Edited by Russell17au