Thammanat says ruling party deeply unpopular; must prepare for elections

webfact

20 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Well.....if you'll be remembering, the majority of Thais did back the defunct FFP where they held fast at the national and local level, before the usual corrupt shenanigans created by the ruling elite mafias manipulating their way back to control by way of a number of bogus charges and whatnot. Dare to say, all these unsavoury activities couldn't occur again. 

The very strong undercurrent of present anti-Prayut [and associations] sentiments and a greater percentage of unpopularity might be the straw that the Move Forward Party can use to make any sort of change - or not. A single trendy and fashionable political ideal won't change much, unless an overhaul of the system is associated with it. Can't see that happening in the foreseeable future either.

I've been around long enough to have witnessed, as well understand how history repeats itself quite often in Thailand, most everything. Trimming branches, here and there, from the tree has little practical applications. The roots have to be severed and the tree removed.

And in a nation with law and order, the entire cabinet would be in prison on charges of treason, for the underhanded way they betrayed their nation, and the people with the draconian FFP garbage stunts. The leaders here are gutter trash, and the people of the nation know this by now, more than ever. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Well.....if you'll be remembering, the majority of Thais did back the defunct FFP where they held fast at the national and local level, before the usual corrupt shenanigans created by the ruling elite mafias manipulating their way back to control by way of a number of bogus charges and whatnot. Dare to say, all these unsavoury activities couldn't occur again. 

The very strong undercurrent of present anti-Prayut [and associations] sentiments and a greater percentage of unpopularity might be the straw that the Move Forward Party can use to make any sort of change - or not. A single trendy and fashionable political ideal won't change much, unless an overhaul of the system is associated with it. Can't see that happening in the foreseeable future either.

I've been around long enough to have witnessed, as well understand how history repeats itself quite often in Thailand, most everything. Trimming branches, here and there, from the tree has little practical applications. The roots have to be severed and the tree removed.

Completely removing the tree is likely not possible, better to ring-bark that gives the same result - just takes a little longer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And in a nation with law and order, the entire cabinet would be in prison on charges of treason, for the underhanded way they betrayed their nation, and the people with the draconian FFP garbage stunts. The leaders here are gutter trash, and the people of the nation know this by now, more than ever. 

Hate to pop your bubble, Mike - these types of ongoing and unscrupulous activities are quite common the world over.

Especially strong, within the framework of your supposed civilised nations based on law and order......perhaps the worse, in comparative form. 

It is what it is.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:48 PM, Sydebolle said:

Thailand should be able to find more qualified, less childish and bickering kiddies like this prime example of total idiocy! 

We are in Thailand, a country that still requires penny whistles and cymbal crashes to amplify slapstick comedy. 

Thais respect military strongmen. Do not be surprised if this mob gets chosen at the ballot box again, although I'm inclined to think a Thaksin party landslide may again be on the cards, followed by another coup due to attempts to bring him and his sister back. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 2

A post bringing the Monarchy into the discussion has been removed as well as a reply:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family is above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

I really have to laugh at all the THAI visa comments over the last 12 months who say ' Prayut is gone' and it's near the end ...........   BECAUSE QUITE FRANKLY,  YOU COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

As a Thiavisa member, I have put up with the trashy talk and verbal insults about Khun Prayut Chan O Cha,   and the clowns who post on here think he's gone every 6 months for the past 5 yrs.

The protests did nothing,   the verbal did nothing,   when you knuckleheads can understand that Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is here for a long long long time ......   then ,  you will see what i have been saying for the past 5+ years

Remember, he told the Times that he didn't want to take over, he took 6 months to make that decision. In the end he had no choice... the country was at the brink of destruction! 

It was very emotional for everybody involved.  Be the best knucklehead you can be.  ....wait, are we the knuckleheads ..or are they?

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I really have to laugh at all the THAI visa comments over the last 12 months who say ' Prayut is gone' and it's near the end ...........   BECAUSE QUITE FRANKLY,  YOU COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

As a Thiavisa member, I have put up with the trashy talk and verbal insults about Khun Prayut Chan O Cha,   and the clowns who post on here think he's gone every 6 months for the past 5 yrs.

The protests did nothing,   the verbal did nothing,   when you knuckleheads can understand that Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is here for a long long long time ......   then ,  you will see what i have been saying for the past 5+ years

Sorry about all you had to put up with, seer of sooth

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

And what you conveniently ignore is that the reason he is here for the long term is very simple; the senate is stacked, 90+ percent of the senators are appointed (not elected) military men who will protect their brother no matter what he does / no matter what his personal performance is. And at every vote they will automatically give him the votes to keep him in his position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

And what you conveniently ignore is that the reason he is here for the long term is very simple; the senate is stacked, 90+ percent of the senators are appointed (not elected) military men who will protect their brother no matter what he does / no matter what his personal performance is. And at every vote they will automatically give him the votes to keep him in his position.

Yes, all that and another important vote - the only one that matters.

Guess we can look forward to several more years of Prayat or Prayut lookalikes and their friends. As long as such pleases the particular circles.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

5 years is supposed to be the term for appointed senators.

But senators are 50% and mps are the other 50%, so the govt appears to have locked in 50% of the votes, not 90%

Edited by pedro01

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

"I have to put up with..."

What's your point, are you some special person who is entitled to demand people agree with you?