Thai government launches emergency plan to reduce flood disasters

snoop1130

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

They have had 10 years to solve the flooding problems, and as of today the only thing I see being done, and it's still being done is to put bigger pipes in the ground.  The sidewalks are sinking in some places because of standing water and roadways here in Sathorn and down in Bang Na become seaways needing a boat to move on down the road.  What a farce.

Don't see much difference around here.... many roads are blocked by roadworks putting pipes in, those that aren't by floodwater!

2 minutes ago, actonion said:

Does anyone remember   many years ago the serious floods in Bangkok, the government asked  boat owners to gather together to start their  engines to push back the rising sea water with the boats propellors.

I remember that

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, actonion said:

Does anyone remember   many years ago the serious floods in Bangkok, the government asked  boat owners to gather together to start their  engines to push back the rising sea water with the boats propellors.

Beat me too it , II expect someone is figuring theor % greasing the man who'll get the contrct to grease the mechanic who'''ll grese teh actual motors . Khvn Lube is primed to go....Perhaps teh unemployed TAT folks and soapy gals could make more of a Splash get Dickkie Burrow to make a Tiktok eating porkballs and Voila self funding. Bangkok could become a center for slush puppies.In the meantime I'll stick some tourist brochures in my designer Wellies in prep.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, actonion said:

Oh for the days of Propeller Prodprasop.  I think he had an idea to propel the Chao Phraya river water faster, into a rising tide.

3 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Whatever happened to that government science advisor who arranged for a thousand power boats to line up and use their props to make the flooded river flow faster......?

Deputy PM Plodprasop Suraswadi (the water pusher man) got 2 years in clink for abuse of power in 2018. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

Wow, not less than 68 cubic meters. That´s a lot of water.

The rainy season comes to Thailand every <deleted> year, but they are never prepared. Why is it so hard for them to keep the pumps operational and clear rubbish and weed from the canals before the rainy season starts?

68 cubic meters is the water in a small swimming pool (a round pooi of 6.5m diameter x 2m deep or under 3% of the water in a standard Olympic sized pool). Surely they mean 68,000 cubic meters?

• Thanks 1