Pfizer side effects

Pravda

27 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Had my 2nd Phizer jab yesterday afternoon, woke up this morning with big Headache, aching everywhere and very tired, hoping it won't last long.

May I ask your age and if you have any existing problems like heart, diabetes, etc? I learned somewhere that younger people suffer from side effects whereas older people have no problems.

Edited by Dario

2 minutes ago, Dario said:

May I ask your age and if you have any existing problems like heart, diabetes, etc? I learned somewhere that younger people suffer from side effects whereas older people have no problems.

65 with no problems, not everyone is the same I guess.

1st jab was fine.

Edited by Badrabbit

12 minutes ago, Dario said:

That's because the younger you are, all other things being equal, the stronger your immune system is. So it tends to generate a stronger response.

15 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Of course I agree that a vaccine is better than ending up critically ill with covid.  No brainer! 

But it's to be hoped a vaccine protects you from getting sick - not makes you sick!

Come on. Side effects from vaccines are not uncommon. And the alternatives now are not good.  At least you understand it's a no brainer to get jabbed!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Come on. Side effects from vaccines are not uncommon. And the alternatives now are not good.  At least you understand it's a no brainer to get jabbed!

I'm not getting involved in an angry, polarized, point scoring debate.

Look, he said he suffered badly and I believe him, and I get to meet a large number of people and it's not the first time. I've heard that. A lot of my contacts are medical workers. Most commonly, it's from people who are not particularly squeamish and have had many vaccinations in their life. They're used to a bit of a headache and tiredness, but not anything more.  So, I think something needs to be said.

The title is about Pfizer side effects.  For my part, I just had tiredness on the first shot.  Alternatives (AZ or Moderna) are as good/bad depending on your perspective.

Edited by mommysboy

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I'm not getting involved in an angry, polarized, point scoring debate.

Look, he said he suffered badly and I believe him, and I get to meet a large number of people and it's not the first time. I've heard that. A lot of my contacts are medical workers. Most commonly, it's from people who are not particularly squeamish and have had many vaccinations in their life. They're used to a bit of a headache and tiredness, but not anything more.  So, I think something needs to be said.

The title is about Pfizer side effects.  For my part, I just had tiredness on the first shot.  Alternatives (AZ or Moderna) are as good/bad depending on your perspective.

Agreed and understood! Sadly, those who complain the loudest here are either covid deniers or anti vaxxers.

As has been reported by millions, there are side effects and for the VAST majority, they are minimal.

I got a shingles jab a month ago that was horrible. The second one. So what. It's better than the alternative.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

There is a lot more out there if you want to look, but not good for you then.

I was very bad after my 2nd Phizer, very weak and ached all over, it lasted 24hrs, still glad I had them though, I swear my eyesight is a little worse but that could just be me nearly at 66 yrs old.

17 hours ago, Harveyg said:

I just saw this report from the daily telegraph in no re: a Pfizer document so I thought I’d pass it on to you:

https://dailytelegraph.co.nz/news/pfizer-document-concedes-that-there-is-a-large-increase-in-types-of-adverse-event-reaction-to-its-vaccine/

To start with, the author uses "adverse events" and "adverse effects" interchangeably.. These databases gather "adverse events" not "adverse effects" No judgement as to causality is implied. Just because an event b happens afterwards event A that doesn't mean that A caused B.

So that's one revealing flaw. How can someone who hasn't even grasped this simple distinction be trusted?

Another is the author's claim that many more kinds of adverse effects are reported than are listed in the advisory from Pfizer. Once again, that's because the FDA/CDC database accepts all reports of adverse. But those symptoms have to be confirmed by comparing to actual verified cases. That's how the system works and it's obvious why. 

And what a crock of <deleted> it is.

First off, Hatchard, the author, interchangeably use "adverse events" and "adverse effects." VAERS and similar databases are composed of reports of "adverse events" And this is a person posing as an expert of some sort? What's more, anyone can make these reports and no causality is implied. In addition, these reports are unverified.

Also, the VAERS system is designed to capture reports of very infrequent events that still may occur more frequently than those due to random chance. There are other data bases that deal with verified cases of the disease and their outcomes. These show that unvaccinated person run a far greater risk of hospitalization, long term effects, and death than do the vaccinated.

He also makes this unverified assertion:

"Thousands are quietly suffering debilitating illness, unacknowledged and in some cases untreated by their doctors. For those who survived vaccination without immediate injury this was not a problem because they didn’t know about it apart from one or two complaints from friends that might just be random coincidences."

Why does he offer no independently confirmable data to back up this assertion?. Of course, the cases he cites more aptly narch the thousands of verified cases of long covid.

And, of course, no anti-covd vaxxer exposé would be complete without this piece of hysteria: 

"Thousands of dedicated servants of the nation including teachers, health workers, and others are being stigmatised and forced out of their jobs in a manner horrifyingly reminiscent of the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany."

He also goes on to claim that the Pfizer vaccine is not particularly effective, This  despite the massive difference in death rates between the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Apart from these few quibbles, it's a great article. Thanks for sharing it with us.