Bye Bye WISE, WESTERN UNION, VISA, etc

16 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The existing remittance agents will themselves adapt to using crypto with lower fees and stay in the game.

The clever ones will. In fact, SCB has already some corridors open using crypto, for example from Thailand to Japan and back, where people can get money remitted immediately for a couple of cents. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It won't be long before posts on internet forums can be tipped in crypto, mark my words, 

Dorsey's just rolled that out on Twitter but I don't know too much more than that. I've never used the Lightning network because none of the exchanges I use support it yet. 

heck, most of the exchanges I use only support ERC20 for USDT transfers even though there a few cheaper alternatives like Tron. I'm looking at you crypto.com.

ps. I'm big on crypto, it's my obsession now #crypto4life ????

Edited by Lemsta69
just saw the article you quoted lol. will have a proper read now
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Dorsey's just rolled that out on Twitter but I don't know too much more than that. I've never used the Lightning network because none of the exchanges I use support it yet. 

heck, most of the exchanges I use only support ERC20 for USDT transfers even though there a few cheaper alternatives like Tron. I'm looking at you crypto.com.

ps. I'm big on crypto, it's my obsession now #crypto4life ????

I highly recommend crypto.com debit cards. I get 4% back in crypto for every transaction, and also get free 1st class airport lounges, free Netflix/Spotify and some other things. Yesterday, I paid all 4 of my family's phone bills with this card and my daughter's apartment. Also a great way to ramp off the crypto profits. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

How does one buy anything with defi or bitcoin or any other crypto other than exchanging or referencing value related to government controlled fiat.

At the moment, it's very hard but the wise are asking to be paid in crypto. 

https://onjuno.com/blog/top-10-celebrities-that-get-their-paycheck-in-crypto

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

I highly recommend crypto.com debit cards. I get 4% back in crypto for every transaction, and also get free 1st class airport lounges, free Netflix/Spotify and some other things. Yesterday, I paid all 4 of my family's phone bills with this card. 

ha ha thanks mate but I'm already a CdC cardholder. Rose Gold ftw! 

now all that I need is for them to roll out AU cards before I move to Thailand in late November so I don't have to stuff around getting the fam to DHL it to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

ha ha thanks mate but I'm already a CdC cardholder. Rose Gold ftw! 

now all that I need is for them to roll out AU cards before I move to Thailand in late November so I don't have to stuff around getting the fam to DHL it to me.

I hear Celcius are giving similar cards soon. Will be great way to spend the 8.88% interest I get on my USDC. I guess some here are happier with their 1% from the brick n mortar banks :cheesy: 

https://celsius.network/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No one seems to have mentioned the all important question---'What is the exchange rates comparison"?---I could not find a site showing them.

this is a decent resource for starters. but bear in mind that US citizens get a raw deal because of SEC being behind the times and so they can't avail themselves of a lot of the good rates that are out there...

https://www.stakingrewards.com

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No one seems to have mentioned the all important question---'What is the exchange rates comparison"?---I could not find a site showing them.

A good thing about BTC is that is worth the same amount anywhere in the world, no need for exchange rates. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I hear Celcius are giving similar cards soon. Will be great way to spend the 8.88% interest I get on my USDC. I guess some here are happier with their 1% from the brick n mortar banks :cheesy: 

https://celsius.network/

nice. I'm Platy level with Celsius so I'm loving those 0.75% loans so I can hold onto my BTC until next year when it mewns! ????????????????

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I'll stick with "Wise" don't trust anyone with a hoody and wearing an idiot cap. ????

Good luck. You will trust him when everyone u know is sending money for free and you aren’t. Lol

Its actually interesting to see people’s responses to this stuff. I really do understand. What is a <deleted> suit and tie though? The people wearing suits and ties have not really been telling the truth if you haven’t noticed. Their point, at least my interpretation, is to be the opposite of these prolific liars. But hey, believe who you want, I just think you will probably be forced to believe soon enough, unless you don’t like your own money. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

A good thing about BTC is that is worth the same amount anywhere in the world, no need for exchange rates. 

Of course it is dependant on exchange rates. Right now 1 BTC is worth £32153, or $43977 with £/$ at 1.37. What happens if, for example the £/$ goes to 1.40?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1