Bye Bye WISE, WESTERN UNION, VISA, etc

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Blockchain has not much use at all and will be useless when quantum computers will be the norm. You read a bit more, i am in IT over 30 years.

Quantum computers are already a reality, they will blow all security cyphers and crypto "useless" checksum algos

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 1:53 PM, Neeranam said:

China also banned other technologies, including Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc so as they can copy them and invent their own. They banned crypto so they can develop the Digital Yuan which enables them to monitor their citizens. 

Of course, all these technological companies were a great investment at the time, as BTC and crypto is now; it is early day in this new asset class. 

If you would open your eyes and mind and do some research about the cost of cryptocurrency to the worlds energy consumption, you would stop using them immediately. But obviously, short term profit thinking overwrites responsible thinking... these problems need to be addressed and solved, before any crypto can be considered for worldwide use and replacement of "standard" currencies. 

Edited by onthedarkside
screenshot with no weblink to source removed
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

China also banned other technologies, including Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc so as they can copy them and invent their own. They banned crypto so they can develop the Digital Yuan which enables them to monitor their citizens. 

Of course, all these technological companies were a great investment at the time, as BTC and crypto is now; it is early day in this new asset class. 

Can I legally and openly make a cryptocurrency transfer to China today.  Yes or No?

Edited by fangless

the energy burden is definitely an issue, and a threat for the global economy, wasting valuable resources in silly games so a few geeks with hoods can get rich,

valuable resources that could produce real things, and this is particularly true in this recovery phase after COVID

do we really need to waste so much energy on stupid [deleted]?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Blockchain has not much use at all and will be useless when quantum computers will be the norm. You read a bit more, i am in IT over 30 years.

So SWIFT was invented before you were working in IT. I believe SWIFT is 1970's technology. 

11 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

If you would open your eyes and mind and do some research about the cost of cryptocurrency to the worlds energy consumption, you would stop using them immediately. But obviously, short term profit thinking overwrites responsible thinking... these problems need to be addressed and solved, before any crypto can be considered for worldwide use and replacement of "standard" currencies. 

Bitcoin energy consumption.PNG

BTC is not bitcoin, and the "bitcoin is bad for enviroment" only applies to BTC as it does not scale and has max ~450k tx/day

at scale the carbon footprint per TX is much less than shown above
BSV is bitcoin and does scale, scaling transactions does NOT increase the total carbon footprint, which means it reduces the footprint per tx, as the same amount of power is required to mine, whether 1 tx or 1 million tx per block

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It won't be long before posts on internet forums can be tipped in crypto, mark my words, 

Brave Browser already does this with BAT.  I use the Brave browser and tip or donate what I earn in BAT back into the system monthly which pays for support of the forums through Brave Rewards..

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sucit said:

I love reading these replies. You have people saying, without knowing it of course, the following…

”I want my dealings with money to come from the bankers, because they were suits when they go on tv, not hoodies”.

“I like banking and transfers that charge me fees”.

You know, every time you swipe your credit card or buy something on Amazon, the retailer gets charged a fee. Guess who pays for that fee! It’s just a cost the retailer has to deal with. You pay it; you pay the damn merchant credit card fees.

And here you have a system where the payments will be free of charge over a public network, and people are complaining. Haha. Not to mention their everlasting trust in the suit wearingIm bankers of the world lol. 

It is just too much entertainment for one to get. Don’t give me the satisfaction, it’s just too good I don’t deserve this much pleasure. 

If they were suits then, they would still be suits now. 

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Brave Browser already does this with BAT.  I use the Brave browser and tip or donate what I earn in BAT back into the system monthly which pays for support of the forums through Brave Rewards..

I forgot about that. Also, XRP has some similar thing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I give my youngest daughter crypto as pocket money, it's a young person's preferred method. 

Nonsense, your kid isn't representative for young persons. How does she spend her crypto here, are there many people who accept it in the little shops around your house? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Some of these dinosaurs still believe gold to be a good hedge. I feel sorry for them in a way, as they are going to get burnt with their stocks and bonds and Luddite ways. 

Do you ever check what you type?   You "feel sorry for gold holders because they're going to get burned "with their stocks and bonds"?   Thought they were hedging with gold!

Bet they're not doing anything with Strike and Twitter!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sucit said:

None of your banking is “free”. I just tried to explain that. Every single transaction you do their is a fee that gets paid. You may not see it, but you pay it in the end. 

This is a bit like 'free shipping' on internet purchases. Yes, it is YOU the customer who is paying the shipping....and the Credit Card fees.

• Like 2