Bye Bye WISE, WESTERN UNION, VISA, etc

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed, those who never saw it coming are in total denial and brainwashed. There is fear about what the 10 year bond yield is doing, which is signalling a bear trend. A few of my friends, who are experienced  investors(and were anti bitcoin) have been selling their stocks and buying crypto. It would be foolish not to. 

The dollar will soon be lie the Venezuelan currency.. 

Why can you not just promote your hobby horse without denigrating the present systems?

It is up to us to choose what we want to do without being browbeaten by you.

23 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

how widely accepted is the CdC card in LOS and do you often get hit with surcharges? I haven't been over since December 2014 so I'm just a wee bit out of touch. that's the only reason I'm inflicting this forum upon myself, hopefully find some buried gold ????

It is accepted in most places, except Makro. I use it to pay my bills(except electricity and water). Pay all the family's phone bills, university bills. One school doesn't accept it. A few places, usually small stalls in Big C, charge 3%. I bought a phone for my wife 3 days ago. I can buy gold with it, which is a ramp off back in to Fiat. I have a feeling gold could make a move soon and is a hedge against my crypto. My kids use it to buy their daily stuff from Grab/Shoppee/Lazada etc. I got my Mazda serviced last week and asked them if they would accept it when I bought a new one, they said they would. The cashback has 20k GBP limit(4%  0f that is 36,000 baht). Also, bear in mind the 4% I got back a year ago is worth 5 times more now. When I get the cashback(cryptoback), I immediately buy DOT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It is accepted in most places, except Makro. I use it to pay my bills(except electricity and water). Pay all the family's phone bills, university bills. One school doesn't accept it. A few places, usually small stalls in Big C, charge 3%. I bought a phone for my wife 3 days ago. I can buy gold with it, which is a ramp off back in to Fiat. I have a feeling gold could make a move soon and is a hedge against my crypto. My kids use it to buy their daily stuff from Grab/Shoppee/Lazada etc. I got my Mazda serviced last week and asked them if they would accept it when I bought a new one, they said they would. The cashback has 20k GBP limit(4%  0f that is 36,000 baht). Also, bear in mind the 4% I got back a year ago is worth 5 times more now. When I get the cashback(cryptoback), I immediately buy DOT.

hey man thanks for the detailed response, that's really helpful. and yeah I'm dumping my CROw as soon as I get it for whatever takes my fancy at the time. anything but that Kris Marszalek <bleep>coin that he forced on us. RIP MCO ????

I use the exchange to convert my CRO, in-app spreads are disgraceful. I messed around with OKEx once or twice but they don't have any CRO trading pairs apart from USDT so exchange is easier despite the 0.4% trading fee.

Edited by Lemsta69

This topic seems to have been  deflected into talking about Bitcoin, with haters feeling a need to voice their opinions. Is it because they have missed the boat? Is it because they are scared their pensions are going to be worthless and they might be kicked out of Thailand?

I feel sorry for them but at least they can use agents and buy a visa for 15k baht or whatever it is these days to avoid the financial requirements. 

If you are happy with Western Union, WISE, just continue using them and pass on new technology. No need to attack it.

I don't even like Bitcoin but have respect for it.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is it because they are scared their pensions are going to be worthless and they might be kicked out of Thailand?

If my pension were to become worthless it would probably mean TEOTWAWKI.

In which case a few 45Kg sacks of rice hidden in sealed bins would probably be worth more than all the gold/crypto in the world. Can't imagine Thailand surviving the crash of the western monetary system in it's current form.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 11:07 AM, Neeranam said:

Yet WISE is continually in this forum. It should be in the jokes section. 

The times I have used Wise have been flawless. Just minutes to Brazil, unheard of as everything usually goes through the Central Bank and the cambio is higher than expected. You have bad experience?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

The times I have used Wise have been flawless. Just minutes to Brazil, unheard of as everything usually goes through the Central Bank and the cambio is higher than expected. You have bad experience?

Wish someone would open a 'Wise' thread. ????????

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Yes, it took me something like 3 days to get my cash, which is utterly ridiculous in this day and age when I can sent an email in 1 second.

My bank, SCB are making progress with remittance payments. I can send funds to Japan now in a matter of seconds, using cryptocurrency. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This topic seems to have been  deflected into talking about Bitcoin, with haters feeling a need to voice their opinions. Is it because they have missed the boat? Is it because they are scared their pensions are going to be worthless and they might be kicked out of Thailand?

I feel sorry for them but at least they can use agents and buy a visa for 15k baht or whatever it is these days to avoid the financial requirements. 

If you are happy with Western Union, WISE, just continue using them and pass on new technology. No need to attack it.

I don't even like Bitcoin but have respect for it.

Dude , you make yourself out like the smartest guy in the room then belittle folks that choose not to park $25Kusd in a Thai bank shrinking over the 10-15 years you will retired here. Not the brightest financial decision to leave $2400 on the table each year as opposed to paying $400 to have my passport picked up and delivered to my door.

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, it took me something like 3 days to get my cash, which is utterly ridiculous in this day and age when I can sent an email in 1 second.

My bank, SCB are making progress with remittance payments. I can send funds to Japan now in a matter of seconds, using cryptocurrency. 

Go make that same transaction to Brazil with SCB and tell me in a week or so if it went through yet jajaja.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Dude , you make yourself out like the smartest guy in the room then belittle folks that choose not to park $25Kusd in a Thai bank shrinking over the 10-15 years you will retired here. Not the brightest financial decision to leave $2400 on the table each year as opposed to paying $400 to have my passport picked up and delivered to my door.

Not at all, I'm just an average Joe.

You also misunderstood what I was saying about the visas. Btw, if you don't put that money in the bank, you are breaking the law, so beware. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Go make that same transaction to Brazil with SCB and tell me in a week or so if it went through yet jajaja.

I said making progress. 

One of the cryptos I invested in is Ripple's XRP. They have a corridor with Brazil now, if you are interested, which I think you are not. 

https://u.today/ripple-announces-new-odl-corridors-slams-banks-for-inefficient-cross-border-payments-in-new-report

Ripple announces new ODL corridors in the UK and Brazil

Ripple reminds that the blockchain tech can solve all the aforementioned issues, in particular RippleNet and ODL-service based on it.

The company has also made a reminder that recently, two of its clients, InstaReM (based in the UK) and BeeTech (based in Brazil) have set up new ODL payment corridors for fast and cheap cross-border payments to Portugal, Germany, Spain, France and Italy.

3 hours ago, watgate said:

A big concern of mine with crypto currency and specifically bitcoin is Central bankers and the "big whales" such as hedge funds or large brokerage houses etc. doing the same thing to cryptos that they do to the precious metals market. They have rigged the precious metals  price with their paper trading of the various metals and can keep the price suppressed. Now that the "big boys' have entered the crypto currency market they are doing a good job of suppressing the price of bitcoin with all their negative news and scare tactics about the dangers and pitfalls of investing in cryptos, I am wondering what other ways besides the continual drumbeat of negative news about bitcoin can they use to keep the price of bitcoin and other crypto currencies from appreciating?

Crypto is everything you don't understand about money combined with all you dont understand about computers 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:43 AM, Neeranam said:

Obviously there is something amiss with YOUR system, banks etc because so many of us are getting instant, if not later that day, payments.

Unless you instigated a transfer on a bank holiday weekend.

Edited by KannikaP