Bye Bye WISE, WESTERN UNION, VISA, etc

20 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You make no sense to me at all I pay no bank charges at all other than credit card ones which I choose to do out of convieniance.

My UK savings interest cover that small cost, also interest on my Thai bank savings. 

Do you wear a hoody and a idiot cap. ????

My Norwegian bank charges no fees also . But the exchange rate is not competitive and that is where the bank makes  creative  charges .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

If you got in 6 months ago that was  around the time BTC reached its zenith.    That leaves you a long way to crash to the bottom.

Many FOMO in, expecting huge profits in months, this is not investing but gambling. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

If I transfer my pension (1,000 pounds) from Natwest UK using WISE before 9am, it's usually in my BKB account by 2pm (45,500bht last month).

If there was an advantage using another system, I'd probably try it ........ but there isn't at the moment.

What is the charge?

To be fair, SWIFT transfers to countries like Thailand (not to eg Uganda etc.) are not overly expensive provided you send substantial sums each time. For me one of the perks of living in Thailand. No use having money if you can't get at it wherever you live.

51 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Actually it's not. Not at all. Different exchanges, different prices. Every 16 year old would know this.

amen to that, somehow missed by our crypto boys ????

btw, China just banned all cryptos, let's hope Europe follows and then the US

crypto scams == GAME OVER!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackGats said:

To be fair, SWIFT transfers to countries like Thailand (not to eg Uganda etc.) are not overly expensive provided you send substantial sums each time. For me one of the perks of living in Thailand. No use having money if you can't get at it wherever you live.

problem is, you'd be faster jumping on a plane and taking a suitcase of cash.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

about 6 GBP, still cheaper than putting money in highly fluctuating cryptos ????

You're talking about two completely different things here. Investing in BTC in order to make a profit, and sending GBP to Thailand. 

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If there was an advantage using another system, I'd probably try it ........ but there isn't at the moment.

and that's basically the issue with cryptos, they don't solve a real problem that most people have

crypto fans complain about bank fees, like it was the holly grail,

banks are a convenience that cryptos can't replace, no matter the fees

the only problem crypto solve is for criminals to move money around, and for amateurs to make a killing in trades ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You're talking about two completely different things here. Investing in BTC in order to make a profit, and sending GBP to Thailand. 

you forgot the part you need to buy the crypto in GBP, and then sell it in THB, with all the non-sense of going through crypto exchanges and the "off-line" wallets to secure your holdings

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Having only been a BTC investor for six months, there weren't any last week.

short-term profits are for traders. if you're not a trader then just hodl and ride out the short term price dumps. BTC will hit new ATHs in the next few months and $100k by the end of the year or early 2022.

Edited by Lemsta69
typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, itsari said:

My Norwegian bank charges no fees also . But the exchange rate is not competitive and that is where the bank makes  creative  charges .

Fair call but that is why I use 'Wise' if I  want money over from UK. 

As said my pension is paid direct to my Thai Bank and the exchange rate DWP (IPC) UK get is much the same as 'Wise'. 

Frankly being retired I couldn't give a flying flig about money anymore. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fangless said:

Try doing it to China which has just placed a total ban on all Cryptocurrency transactions!!

China also banned other technologies, including Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc so as they can copy them and invent their own. They banned crypto so they can develop the Digital Yuan which enables them to monitor their citizens. 

Of course, all these technological companies were a great investment at the time, as BTC and crypto is now; it is early day in this new asset class. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

China also banned other technologies, including Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc so as they can copy them and invent their own. They banned crypto so they can develop the Digital Yuan which enables them to monitor their citizens. 

Of course, all these technological companies were a great investment at the time, as BTC and crypto is now; it is early day in this new asset class. 

cryptos can be monitored? wait, I though they were untraceable? ????

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Fair call but that is why I use 'Wise' if I  want money over from UK. 

As said my pension is paid direct to my Thai Bank and the exchange rate DWP (IPC) UK get is much the same as 'Wise'. 

Frankly being retired I couldn't give a flying flig about money anymore. ????

I'm not surprised to hear you are a pensioner. 

However, even my old mother and my mother in law are buying crypto.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I highly recommend crypto.com debit cards. I get 4% back in crypto for every transaction, and also get free 1st class airport lounges, free Netflix/Spotify and some other things. Yesterday, I paid all 4 of my family's phone bills with this card and my daughter's apartment. Also a great way to ramp off the crypto profits. 

I do all my banking online for paying bills and oddly enough it is free. I use Wise to transfer funds from the UK to Thailand, because I get a far better forex rate and Wise transfer fees are low,

I can do all this on my computer in the comfort of my home.

I don't suppose that crypto is much use in the majority of places in Thailand, which is where the majority of people live.

• Thanks 1