Bye Bye WISE, WESTERN UNION, VISA, etc

1 minute ago, sucit said:

Good luck. You will trust him when everyone u know is sending money for free and you aren’t. Lol

Its actually interesting to see people’s responses to this stuff. I really do understand. What is a <deleted> suit and tie though? The people wearing suits and ties have not really been telling the truth if you haven’t noticed. Their point, at least my interpretation, is to be the opposite of these prolific liars. But hey, believe who you want, I just think you will probably be forced to believe soon enough, unless you don’t like your own money. 

Some of these dinosaurs still believe gold to be a good hedge. I feel sorry for them in a way, as they are going to get burnt with their stocks and bonds and Luddite ways. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:
20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I'll stick with "Wise" don't trust anyone with a hoody and wearing an idiot cap. ????

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I guess you would have supported the Luddites! 

In this context, it's the banks who are the Luddites.

• Like 1

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

Bitcoin isn't reliable, value changes way to much per week

mate there's so much more to crypto and the blockchain than just Bitcoin. i think you need to do a bit more reading before you dismiss the impact that this disruptive technology is going to have on the world in the very near future. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Bitcoin isn't reliable, value changes way to much per week.

This new website which operates in El Salvador and not even all states in the USA doesn't scream "trust me" too

That’s good, because you don’t need Bitcoin to use this system. Bitcoin blockchain is just used to make the transaction. 

Your cash …. Bitcoin / lightning network ….. someone else gets cash (or the Bitcoin if they want). Capiche? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I hear Celcius are giving similar cards soon. Will be great way to spend the 8.88% interest I get on my USDC. I guess some here are happier with their 1% from the brick n mortar banks :cheesy: 

https://celsius.network/

That's a similar yield that the Evergrande bonds offered....and how much are they worth now? Staking crypto on Celsius is like buying Celsius bonds. Caveat emptor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

OK so you don't have much of a sense of humour.

I couldn't care less what you predict I happy using 'Wise' the cost is of no concern and unhackable. 

What do you think of the people who say "I'll stick to sending cash by wire transfer, as the cost is negligible"? 

This is exactly how you sound to those using the newest, best ways to transfer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

OK so you don't have much of a sense of humour.

I couldn't care less what you predict I happy using 'Wise' the cost is of no concern and unhackable. 

I really could care less what you waste your money on. Being on the side of the bankers sounds fun though, so please enjoy their continued raping of every transaction from credit card to remittances 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sucit said:

I really could care less what you waste your money on. Being on the side of the bankers sounds fun though, so please enjoy their continued raping of every transaction from credit card to remittances 

I really don't understand how so many here can support these bankers, after all that has happened recently.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I really don't understand how so many here can support these bankers, after all that has happened recently.

They don’t know what else to do. Only system they know. Money see monkey do. They will change when the other monkeys show them the truth

• Sad 1

I love reading these replies. You have people saying, without knowing it of course, the following…

”I want my dealings with money to come from the bankers, because they were suits when they go on tv, not hoodies”.

“I like banking and transfers that charge me fees”.

You know, every time you swipe your credit card or buy something on Amazon, the retailer gets charged a fee. Guess who pays for that fee! It’s just a cost the retailer has to deal with. You pay it; you pay the damn merchant credit card fees.

And here you have a system where the payments will be free of charge over a public network, and people are complaining. Haha. Not to mention their everlasting trust in the suit wearingIm bankers of the world lol. 

It is just too much entertainment for one to get. Don’t give me the satisfaction, it’s just too good I don’t deserve this much pleasure. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My UK bank had been my friend thanks and gave me what other UK banks wouldn't do in Thailand.

My UK pension is paid into my Thai bank what would you have me do, have it sent via what some idiot has come up with, it is already a free service by IPC. 

None of your banking is “free”. I just tried to explain that. Every single transaction you do their is a fee that gets paid. You may not see it, but you pay it in the end. 

But yes! The banks are your friend. I love your open minded and logical attitude. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sucit said:

That’s good, because you don’t need Bitcoin to use this system. Bitcoin blockchain is just used to make the transaction. 

Your cash …. Bitcoin / lightning network ….. someone else gets cash (or the Bitcoin if they want). Capiche? 

So where do you go when your money gets lost?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

mate there's so much more to crypto and the blockchain than just Bitcoin. i think you need to do a bit more reading before you dismiss the impact that this disruptive technology is going to have on the world in the very near future. 

Blockchain has not much use at all and will be useless when quantum computers will be the norm. You read a bit more, i am in IT over 30 years.

• Like 1

Now, Twitter will caught up in financial investigations more and more and it will start going the FB way with more and more verification of the account owners and sharing of more and more data with authorities. It'll lose the last of its lingering wild west freedoms it has had.