Bye Bye WISE, WESTERN UNION, VISA, etc

It's pretty hard to beat Western Union. It costs me about $2 to transfer money from my bank account to Thailand.

And it's there immediately, ready to pick up !

Before I used the banks service to do the transfers and it took days because the banks like to keep the money

for days so they get interest.

Not talking about that they charged more $30 for the transaction and the rate was lousy.

I have no association what so ever with WU and I guess there's a lot of similar ways to transfer money cheap and easy.

But for the moment $2 works for me ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

STRIKE is for U.S. residents only.

by the way, western union are intoducing new rules now, and only

foreigners with pink card / work permit/ thai driving lisence

will be allowed to receive money.

Do you have a link to that as my understanding is that those ID rules are for  the Mobile Banking app use with BKK bank only and not all transfers in!

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Elkski said:

My concerns with Bitcoin are it's past hacks, high energy usage. Even Elon had to succumb to social pressure and did his hickup with Bitcoin and Tesla.  I think Ethereum is better using much less energy and thee are others.  What did Elon use dodge?

This energy thing is just nonsense from banks and their former colleagues(like Gary Gensler) who are now in govt, who are terrified. 

Ever thought of how much energy all the banks in the world use?

Elon is a troll. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Rather than you crypto fan boys fighting the old set in their way guys why not just present facts.  Saying BTC will be 80 k this year doesn't help one bit.

You are right, but the 'set in their ways" guys don't want to do any research, but rather criticize someone for the clothes they wear. 

I find it rather sad when people accuse me of trying to sell something when I was only trying to help people to investigate the benefits of DeFi over traditional banking and the profits to be made in a new asset class.

There are a few who I have blocked as they are just trolls on every crypto thread with stupid arguments. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, sucit said:

Imagine thinking bankers are your friends. Really, just imagine it. It’s just… I can’t. We are really off the deep end. People need more help than is reasonably possible. 

It gets worse too because most people nowadays think big pharma and governments are their friends too. It’s amazing. Think about the major issues of today, everyone agrees, even with the Thai government lol… keep the country shut down, let only vaccinated in etc. it’s just too hilarious. 

What has the above got to do with the OP?

Edited by fangless

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed, Bitcoin is the old man yet some don't even know about it yet. 

Yes, and you got Dogecoin, read dog-e-coin which was setup for an exchange for people waling each other dogs. That is a solid base to start a new exchange channel (read there are always people who are greedy and believe anything) 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Just love the posts from these "prophets" (being extremely polite here) dripping with disdain for us lemmings and our old and stupid ways. And I especially love to watch them crash and burn and turning into silent little internet mice.

So when your crypto wealth turns into useless zeroes and ones and you sit outside a 7/11 with your beggar's bowl I will gladly give you some of my own crypto currency freshly produced and loudly coming out of my posterior.:clap2:

Those posts are about keeping their own faith up.  If they were confident in whatever it is they are touting they wouldn't be compelled to be evangelizing. 

There is a global pandemic of idiocy: it has its roots in politics, and has been rapidly spreading to include the sciences, and now, as is illustrated in this thread, the world's monetary system.  Notice how it's not unusual to see the same people covering all the whacko trends.

Maybe if someone came up with a vaccine to prevent all this stupid stuff, then...  uh-oh, nevermind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The traditional 'banking system' is finished, get with the times.

Not in our lifetime. Run and owned by the super rich.

I'm mainly a cash guy. Except for some transactions where the security offered by a bank is important.

Try emailing bitcoin after having problems with a vendor!  LOL. My bank deals with these issues very well. And so far, all to my satisfaction.

15 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

No one seems to have mentioned the all important question---'What is the exchange rates comparison"?---I could not find a site showing them.

Also the fees.  Like those bitcoin ATMs popping up all over the place which sounds really cool until you find out they charge something like 12-15% to convert to/from cash.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DwayneDevene said:

Hi all,

New to this forum so please be nice.

Comparing the Asean stock market to the crypto market cap, is crypto really worth this much?

the stock market capitalization value in the ASEAN region amounted to about 2.2 trillion U.S. dollars

According to coinmarketcap, all the crypto market cap is USD 1.91 trillion 

hi mate. yes, the crypto market is currently worth that much. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, userabcd said:

But all money flows, transfers, deposits, withdrawals, exchange is still wholly dependent on the traditional banking system.

.......................and at a cost....had some money sent, albeit a small amount from mum in Thailand to daughter in UK using Krungsri...............11400B less charges and commissions and fees etc etc..net hopefully gonna be received 10000b, no idea of the exchange rate either, lap of the gods there.....

23 hours ago, sucit said:

The people wearing suits and ties have not really been telling the truth if you haven’t noticed.

They are liars and horrible people. 

This idiot said a couple of years ago that he'd fire any of his employees if they were buying Bitcoin, while his bank are secretly buying it. Now he is tweeting about it, as is the President of the Fed! 

Now, he's saying Bitcoin could go up 10x. 

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/culture/bitcoin-price-could-10x-but-jpmorgan-ceo-jamie-dimon-doesnt-care

Edited by Neeranam

23 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You should read the news about crypto funds going bust or being hacked for hundreds of millions. No safety net for those people who lost everything there.

If and when there's a real international legal framework supporting and legitimizing all the stuff being thrown out in this thread, that's when I'll start to take it seriously.

Like consumer protections, deposit insurance, international acceptance, etc...  Until then, it's just internet geeks in hoodies somewhere.

It was funny!  I watched the CNBC video report linked earlier in this thread. The older male anchor on the segment basically said to the Strike guy... I have no idea what you're talking about.

Then the same anchor asked the Strike guy.... where are you at?  And noted, it looked like the guy was being inteviewed from inside some large women's walk-in closet!  And the Strike guy never did exactly end up saying WHERE he really is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZXU6mZKrm0

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2