English speaking admin assistant salaries?

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No way, my kid as a new graduate gets a starting wage of 18k/month in CM and hasn't even told them she can speak English.

25k for someone that is fluent in BK or you'll be disappointed.

Why not? She might get a pay increase. 

They don't need a degree. Filipino English teachers only get 20k. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

She'll get a pay increase next month when she finishes her 3 month probation.

English wasn't required to get the job, so she didn't tell them she spoke English.

Too many variables to give a fair answer.

Where are you based in BKK - accommodation is expensive, so either extra living or travel costs, will drive up the expected salary.

What sort of Admin - are you looking for people with experience or just anyone who can speak English.

Are you looking at a long term prospect - need to consider what other benefits you are going to offer.

Just a few things to think about.

• Like 1

Take a look in the Thai salary guide HERE.

Officer level...

Programmer & IT-support: 23,000 baht to 41,000 baht per month.

Supervisor level...

IT: 36,000 baht to 67,000 baht per month.

Higher levels in IT range from 54,000 baht to 160,000 baht per month.

We have a junior developer who went to school in New Zealand, he's on 18K at the moment because he's only an entry level dev. 

But he could easily do basic office admin and his English is great. 

How much you end up paying depends on far too many factors to accurately give a number. 

• Like 2

What does fluent mean exactly. My wife says her sister who worked 10 years at Japan Airlines and now lives in Australia for the last 10 years speaks fluent English. However, when I hear her speak on the phone I don't think it's fluent..... And I'm not even a native English speaker.

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That is why the like them as they are relatively cheaper than other nationality expats and not only brought up speaking English when very young.

18K is a ridiculously high salary for an administrative assistant where English is the only real requirement, even without a college degree.  My wife's son graduated with a computer engineering degree and was hired IN BANGKOK for 18K.  He is a technical professional!

• Like 1

As they always say, you get what you are paying for. If you start them at a lower salary With the intention to give them a raise after a successful training period you may get someone to train the way you work, lead by example, seem to be a quick learner and be able to do what’s need to be done, you’ll be a happy man. If you want someone with experience and a good work track record pay more. 

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No way, my kid as a new graduate gets a starting wage of 18k/month in CM and hasn't even told them she can speak English.

25k for someone that is fluent in BK or you'll be disappointed.

I'm looking for an English speaking personal assistant in Chiang Mai.  If your kid is good at English+Thai with good computer skills and interested then let me know.  It is for a trading company.  Thanks.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, Bangkokhatter said:

Too many variables to give a fair answer.

Where are you based in BKK - accommodation is expensive, so either extra living or travel costs, will drive up the expected salary.

What sort of Admin - are you looking for people with experience or just anyone who can speak English.

Are you looking at a long term prospect - need to consider what other benefits you are going to offer.

Just a few things to think about.

I’m based in Thonglor, saying this, they will be able to work from home most days each week (but not all). The person doesn’t need to be particularly experienced, though does need to be English fluent, and able to do some data entry related work (basically, just involving spreadsheets and what not).